“Good location, but gross hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites on the Beach
Ranked #55 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Good location, but gross hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed in late July 2013. You are ultimately paying for the location because the hotel itself is not very good & needs major renovations. The pool is actually really good & big. We walked to & from the Texas State Aquarium on the beach sidewalk. We played on the beach the first day & drove 20-30 to Padre Island to Whitecap Beach for the rest of the time. Jelly fish were really bad the week we were there, but not @ Padre. Our cleaning lady didnt clean our room the or change sheets because we had a couple of shirts on our bed. She left a little note on our bed saying we needed to clear off the bed. That's need happened to us before. In a way i understand, but still. Rooms are set up really weird & makes it small & cramped. Breakfast is has variety, but really gross. Its the same stuff every morning. The eggs were absolutely gross. Waffles were ok, but the pre-made batter is too runny & so the waffles get half cooked or hardly cooked @ all. I recommend just going to whataburger or mcdonalds. The service & employees were rude & short. We wont be staying here again. It is def over priced & not worth what you're paying.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank busymamaA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Whitehouse, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you go here expecting to stay at the hotel you see on their website you will be disappointed. Our door in room 107 did not close properly. Room was a little dated. The walls are the same orange color as the outside of the building. We did not use the pool. I spoke to 3 different employees while there. At check in a very nice lady and disgruntled man that I honestly think needed to be slapped. I had to call twice for sheets for the couch. The man at the desk in the morning was trying to work the desk and he was in charge of breakfast. He was very helpful and pleasant. It is insane in a hotel this size for this price not to have two people for the breakfast shift. ( I asked and it is this way everyday.) BUT we walked off the patio onto the beach. Awesome!! Hotels on the beach are going to have sand in the carpet. Hotels on the beach are going to be overpriced. This hotel did have a nice breakfast area and plenty of food. Not sure if I would stay here again?

Room Tip: I am glad I paid a little extra for a beach view room.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel was nice. I didn't really prefer to swim at the beach. BUt really nice beach stores 2 minutes walk and other activities. THe pool was really nice. Although at one point we got out because my teens were swimming underwater and swear they saw a worm. The breakfast buffet is really busy in the morning but it's nice.

Another scary thing is I'm pretty sure people that weren't even guests at the hotel were swimming there walking around the hotel. Maybe put in a gate where the pool reaches the beach and u need your room card to get in??

I would stay here again!!

Room Tip: If you want a beach you can swim in with softer sand take a 30 minute drive to North Padre Island. I...
1 Thank rosieL25
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Im not picky.And for 1050 for 5 days halfing it with my parents was good.Two flat screens and little kitchen with a safe in one room.We were right in front of the beach an near uss lexington.We walked everywhere and great staff.Toilet clogged about 11 at night and someone came and unclogged it quickly.we only stay at the inn to sleep so I dont care about stupid little things.Breakfast was real early from 6 to 9 but by 7 its all gone.Overall it was good enough for us, all 6 of us they had two beds and pull out sofa.Not bad for the money and beachfront, will stay at again.

• Stayed July 2013
Del Rio, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We booked our vacation online after reviewing pictures. We arrived and were very disappointed in the run down facilities. We paid $199 a night/4 nights/3 rooms. In total around $2600. A lot for a dirty room. We even found a roach in one of the bathrooms. Breakfast was decent. Staff was friendly. For a prime location, money really needs to be put back into the upkeep of the building. I am embarrassed other vacationers from across the country might make the same mistake we did and book this place. Choose the Holiday Inn or Radisson for nicer facilities and similar prices.

Room Tip: IF you still want to book here, be sure to pay a little extra for bay view or pool view.
2 Thank Kay1976_13

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family and I almost always stay at Comfort hotels and we have always been happy with the price, comfort and overall feel. This hotel fell well below our expectations. Our King suite was NOTHING like the photos online or our typical experience. The room felt very cramped for a suite although my son did have his own TV which he thought that was cool. This hotel is old which would have been okay if not for the other issues. The smoke detector was missing as was all the id and info on the phone. Who vandalizes a phone?? There was also a partially reparied 2' x 4' hole between the closet and bathroom. The final straw was a filthy, ripped mattress on my son's bed with NO support in the couch for the head of the bed. The staff at this hotel really did try to help but the next room did not work either for several reasons including missing chain locks on the door. I was told they were trying to renovate rooms. Ours should never have been rented out. We did not stay and went next door to the Radisson.

Room Tip: We did not stay.
Canyon Lake, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My husband's family is from Corpus Christi and it was decided to have our annual family reunion there. We needed facilities for a large number of people and a place for everyone to get together and share a meal. My dear brother-in-law investigated a number of facilities and decided this was a good location because it is beach front, giving the younger generation something to do. To insure a place for us to all gather and share our meal it was decided to rent three suites with a deck with direct access to the beach. In addition each family could rent their own rooms. We rented in access of twenty rooms, twenty three at my last count. My husband and I , as the patriarchs of one branch of the family rented one of the suites. Suite ? This consisted of a large room with a king size bed , with a half wall dividing an area with a very broken down sofa bed. And it had a tiny hotel refrigerator but no microwave .
The cost of the "suite" was $275.99 a night.
I will say we knew the cost of the "suite" well in advance of the reunion and agreed to it as it did provide a gathering spot for our kids and other members of the extended family. I wouldn't say this hotel is average but it is likely this as good as it gets in Corpus Christi for the cost. It would seem the Quality Inn could at least do some upgrades on the furniture and décor. Straight from the 80's , ( I say eighties because we did attend a Ray High School reunion there many years ago ) the facility is obviously an older , run down hotel. It was reasonably clean .
Next year's reunion will be elsewhere.

Room Tip: I can't in good conscience, I saw two other rooms some of our kids rented.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family