“Bad Experience in the Quality Inn on the Beach”

Quality Inn & Suites on the Beach
Ranked #55 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Laredo, Texas
“Bad Experience in the Quality Inn on the Beach”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family and I rented a beachfront suite which turned out to be a nightmare. My family and I rented a two day stay for a personal celebration. The sink in the kitchen was clogged up and full of some disgusting water. This killed any appetite of eating anything in the rooms. At 7:00 pm, my son sat on the bench of our room outside, and there was flying cockroaches everywhere. They were coming from the bottom of the floorboards. My son has a phobia of bugs, and he did not want to come out of the room anymore. I called the front desk, and they spayed with a can of bug spray which did not help, and the maintenance man could not fix the sink. Pour weekend was literally ruined in this room. We paid $412.00 for two days, and the manager refunded $46.00 for our inconvenience. The view of the ocean from the room should have been magnificent, but the windows were so full of dirt you could not see anything. My family and I have stayed at the Quality Inn at Galveston, Texas, and it is a palace compared to the one in Corpus Christi.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank April M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Wish I could have rated this hotel higher. No complaints about the room or facilities. Everything was clean and breakfast was good. But these days when families are traveling, most have mutliple devices that need to be plugged in to be charged overnight. In our room the outlets could be pulled out of the wall. The outlet on the lamp was charging my phone when I plugged it in, but by morning it wasn't charging and battery was at 37%. There were not enough outlets. Also the hair dryer fell off the wall when I went to use it. It was not attached to thte wall.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BWHClan
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the quality in for one night. It was absolutely disgusting! The bathroom was very dirty! The duvet on bed had black stains on it. The bed spread was also covered with stains. The only redeeming thing about the room was the bed did have a good mattress. The lobby restroom was disgusting. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Great location, hotel needs major updating, friendly staff BUT didn't like the fact that the beach is open for anyone that drives up & worst of all, our room had BEDBUGS, OMG!!!!!! My entire family had bites all over our bodies. I will never get another hotel without reading the customer reviews. I am still traumatized and freak out every time I see any black spot or anything that resembles a bug! I informed the staff, wonder if they treated the room!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Chose another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Valarie J
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

To start off with, the hotel is average. The employees, were above average. But the location was great, and you just can't beat that when you are right on the beach with restaurants in walking distance. I would recommend this place to my friends and family. The hotel was a little musty in the hallways, but not in our room. The bathroom was a little small but workable. There was a mini fridge and a large tv. We were on the second floor, and we did have a balcony. We had a view straight across of the pool and the ocean. We stayed the weekend before school started and it was full, and that did make breakfast a little complicated. Not enough room for everyone to sit down so you had to wait for someone to finish or simply take your food to your room. The same went for the pool. Because there were a lot of ppl staying that weekend, the pool was full. So, it was loud and not very relaxing. I would plan my stay next time for a more quiet weekend.

Room Tip: They have rooms closer to the beach with the balconies right on the sand. I didn't stay in one o...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kirby, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

After reading several reviews I went ahead and took a chance because I wanted to stay in a Choice hotel on the beach. It was such a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and always went out of their way to accommodate our needs. I had two rooms and did not find anything wrong with our rooms. The beds were comfortable, A/C was cold and room was very clean. The breakfast was amazing and even with the Corpus Christi bike festival in town they never ran out of anything. The best part of the hotel is their amazing pool area and beach access. My children had no problem playing in the sand and swimming in the ocean. The view of the Lexington was incredible. Next time we are in Corpus I will be booking a room here. Thanks again to the front desk and breakfast ladies for making our stay so wonderful..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chrisine T
fort worth
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was our first and last stay here. THe location was wonderful our back door had a patio and a gate that opened right onto the beach. The staff were wonderful. they were more than accomidating on different requests. However the room was another thing. There was mud on the walls in most of the rooms, there were food crumbs (whole chicken strips) in the AC vent. Multiple holes in the walls, ceramic tiles broken and missing from walls etc. It goes on and on.
The pool was wonderful, one of the biggest I have seen for a hotel outside of vegas. The breakfast was a definite plus. However, i would rather pay for my own breakfast for a better quality room. THis place is in definite need of renovation

Room Tip: ask for a suite
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family