“good deal but hard beds”

Red Roof Inn Corpus Christi South
Ranked #40 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“good deal but hard beds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

went for spring break and quickly found a room online and have stayed at red roof plenty of times ( s.a. Austin,valley) the only complaint was that the beds were real hard. had never had that problem with red roof. will keep using red roof just not this one. price and staff were okay and no I didn't see any roaches.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank EDDIE V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Taylor, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I would never ever stay in another Red Roof Inn again. After calling to complain nothing was done and the Hotel said I stayed 2 nights and did not make a complaint about the room. This was a lie which I expected.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay in a Red Roof Inn is my advice.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Charles S

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Only stayed for 2 nights , but strong mildew odor as soon as we opened the door, first night saw 3 little baby roaches crawl under TV, secoind day saw 6 more on dresser and then one adult roach crawl;ed accross the ceiling, also bathtub/shower took 30 minutes to drain (never actually fully drained) Upon departure I took the comment card to front desk and let them know of our issues, they tried to explain the mildew away as just shampooed the carpet and told the maintenance guys sitting in the room to take care of the roaches , showed surprise only at the non-draining bathtub and made no effort to make up for the poor stay---will pay the extra 30-40 dollars a night for a "decent hotel" next time. Hard beds and flimsy pillow.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KZACH_13
Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Me and my Wife went on March to Corpus Christi and lodge on this Hotel. We paid the first night with my debit card when we checked in. On the morning I went to the front desk to check out and a woman in charge said me that my paidment was rejected, and then I paid with cash. When I arrived to home I was surprised to see that they did the change to my debit card. The location is fair. Our room had a foul smell. I wouldn´t recomend it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Gatesville, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

The best thing about this hotel, is it is next to a Whataburger. We spent two nights in this hotel, it was inexpensive, pay a little more and you will be happier. The room needed to be checked for pests. Small bugs, possibly roaches, even though this room did not have a refrigerator or microwave. Only saw a couple of bugs on the furniture, but was enough to us mark this hotel as one to avoid. Our room keys (cards) stopped working on the first day. The staff did of course re-issue the keys but that is frustrating.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allen C
Atascosa, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Biggest complaint..Mosquitoes in the room. Contacted Mgmt,,taking care of that.
We booked a double queen, non smoking , on the first floor. Petvacations.com booked the room at a locked rate of 89.99 per night X 2 nights with taxes came out out to 214.78. For a Holiday weekend like Labor Day, not bad. Our price was locked in. When checking in the hostess said we have you on the second floor , double queen smoking. I said nope. 1st floor double queen non-smoking..She double checked and there was an error. We got the room I originally booked.
Room was clean and didn't smell like mold..smelled clean. Broke out the UV lights and not a sign of any bed bugs. Actually, my only complaint is that when the cleaning staff cleans the rooms, they leave the door open..Mosquitoes get in. Killed like 20 hanging on the wall and ceiling.(that was mentioned to them) Yes..the breakfast is far from a feast..muffins and coffee, It's free...as is the ice machine. Want a better breakfast? Pay more money. If ya wish, Whataburger is right next door. Pool was nice and clean. Beds are comfy. Pet friendly. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: No fitness center,,but come on..this isn't the 4 seasons..Helpful staff if you ask. don't co...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Gary K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Just as we walked in the hotel room it had a strong and mildew odor. The room only had four small towels and when we went to the lobby to ask if we could have more the manager was complaining that the towels where already given. The pool was dirty and didn't not smell or looked in a good condition it needed cleaning. This is the worst experience ever & I will never stay or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012