“Watch out for overcharges after the fact!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Corpus Christi South

Red Roof Inn Corpus Christi South
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Watch out for overcharges after the fact!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were there for a family vacation that included 10 individual familes, total of 50 or more adults and children. We made reservations and mine were not met. I requested a smoking room, which was not available, so I got a non-smoking room, ok fine. I can go outside and smoke. The orginial price was $79 and before I left I had checked my account and already had a charge pending for $183 for two nights, I thought great. When I got back home I checked my account and the $183 was removed, now I HAD A CHARGE FOR $161 AND AN Additional lcharge for $91, I have contacted the organization and all I got was an apology, not the itemized bill for additional charges. Will we go back to this hotel, NO!!!!! I am working on trying to get my $91 back, but like most businesses that STEAL from customers, you never really get your money back. So I total recommend that you go to another hotel chain and avoid Red Roof Inns.

Room Tip: Go to an organization that complies with you room reservations and meets your accommodations. That Y...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JRHernandez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

We found a killer deal for 69.99 during peak time from a booking app. Worked fine, check in was easy and fast. Room 302, single King Bed and was clean. Cold A/C! Rest of room was decent for the price. No complaints about room or service but we went with family to beach until near 3am and had a blast until wet arrived back at hotel and realized all parking was taken. Nothing more annoying then arriving back to your hotel dead tired and stuck with no where to park. We spoke to a guy who seemed to be cleaning maybe or doing maintenence and alerted him of the issue. He told us to leave our car at the whataburger and they never say anything. The security at whataburger eventually walked over and said to talk to manager but they usually don't have a problem as long as you ask but he wouldn't be responsible for any breakins. We spent an hour contemplating everything and finally decided we had no choice but to take our chances. Entire time there we saw cars enter and leave without finding a parking either. Red roof is amazing when it comes to price, location, and staff this trip. Unfortunately no parking ruined our night.

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We reserved a non-smoking queen size room. The reservation indicated that there will be young kids in the room. As we knew we would arrive late we called in the morning letting the hotel know about our arrival time. We then received a call in the evening from the hotel asking if we will be checking in today. Obviously our first call was not noted and had we not answered the second call we would have lost the room due to overbooking. When we arrived at the hotel we were informed that there is only one room left and it is a smoking room. the smell was really bad and we hated that we had to expose the small children to the smoke. Very bad experience and not the first time. Won't stay with red roof in again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Came down 4th of july...let me first say there are no roaches. The room did smell a little like mildew, nothing unbearable though. The rooms were pretty clean except the shower curtail had mold around the bottom...not alot but still gross. Beds were very nice and i really liked the pillows.nice pool but it closes at 10 after leaving the beach thats was kinda early for us. The location is great 15 minutes from whitecap beach was great. Lots of resturants around. Good price for what it is. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kimberleemaeker
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

went for spring break and quickly found a room online and have stayed at red roof plenty of times ( s.a. Austin,valley) the only complaint was that the beds were real hard. had never had that problem with red roof. will keep using red roof just not this one. price and staff were okay and no I didn't see any roaches.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank EDDIE V
Taylor, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I would never ever stay in another Red Roof Inn again. After calling to complain nothing was done and the Hotel said I stayed 2 nights and did not make a complaint about the room. This was a lie which I expected.

Room Tip: Don't ever stay in a Red Roof Inn is my advice.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Charles S
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Only stayed for 2 nights , but strong mildew odor as soon as we opened the door, first night saw 3 little baby roaches crawl under TV, secoind day saw 6 more on dresser and then one adult roach crawl;ed accross the ceiling, also bathtub/shower took 30 minutes to drain (never actually fully drained) Upon departure I took the comment card to front desk and let them know of our issues, they tried to explain the mildew away as just shampooed the carpet and told the maintenance guys sitting in the room to take care of the roaches , showed surprise only at the non-draining bathtub and made no effort to make up for the poor stay---will pay the extra 30-40 dollars a night for a "decent hotel" next time. Hard beds and flimsy pillow.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family