“Very Awesome Experience!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Selena Museum

Selena Museum
Ranked #10 of 103 things to do in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 3 September 2010

When we arrived at the Museum there were only three other people there and we went upstairs with a tour guide to view the recording studios and was shown where Jennifer Lopez was during the making of the movie. After that, we were taken down stairs to the museum. After looking at several pictures on the wall we called the tour guide over and ask him if that was him in some of the pictures. He said "YES...I am Selena's FATHER"!!! That was so awesome to have such an opportunity to have a tour guide that made our visit seem so personalized...like a part of Selena was there. Words just can not describe the feelings that were present during that visit...AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

10  Thank nurse31_98_55
in 19 reviews
"costumes"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2010

I've been a fan of Selena's for many years, and always have loved her honesty, humor, humility, and love for the music. And those dance moves! :) I had to come here during our family vacation, simple as that. The museum is small but soooo beautifully designed. You can tell the family payed attention to every little detail in putting together this place to honor their daughter/sister. The staff working there was wonderful to me... and when I entered the museum, I happened to be the only one in there for a good 15 minutes.. I really got to take everything in. It's beautiful, a little eerie, and touching to see all the costumes. You're humbled at being allowed to see all this stuff... awards, pictures, seeing her perform on the Johnny Canales show (there's a tv mounted in the museum and you hear her talking and singing at all times, beautiful. It's an emotional thing to be in there. Plus their are gorgeous works of art all over.. paintings of her from I'm thinking her fans..added plus for me: when gift shop was closed, I let the receptionist know, and I got to go in AGAIN with another family... and suprisingly, we went through some hallways and I ended up in the MUSIC STUDIO where Selena would record. her songs. (and subsequently where Jennifer Lopez would film part of the Selena movie.... WOW!) . I caught a glimpse of Mr. Abraham Quintanilla in the hallways, but didn't want to go up and bother him... For me, it was an honor to go into this museum... I can't believe it's 15 years since Selena's passing, she would have been 39 or 40... just imagine how her career would have been at this point... Fans and non-fans, go check this place out... I had been wanting to go here for so longand I finally fulfilled my wish... so glad I did. Selena, your memory and music will live on forever. p.s. Selena memorial statue is only about 3 miles away from museum... check that out as well.

13  Thank salsera24_10
Reviewed 4 June 2010

we went to the selena museum last year we past it and had to turn around it is very small there is a sign it is kind of small it is kind of a place by itself on the street.We payed less than 10 dollars to get in for our fam of four. It was small but informative about her and her life. The woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We went in the only bummer no pic allowed inside the museum. They have a movie of live performances going her car is in there even her microphone with her lipstick. Her outfits are nice to see. My daughter being a fan of the movie and her music loved it and she is only 10. There is a little gift shop. There are pics and posters in the lobby you can take pics with. The lady at the front even made sure we knew of the other selena tributes such as the statue down on the ocean and the gravesite. They are also both a must see.

8  Thank melyan
Reviewed 4 December 2008

Well it was a little hard to find, kept passing it by, but its well worth the trip to see all the items once you stop and go inside, all her awards and outfits wow, its very nice and lots to look at, my wife and I just loved seeing everything, the only bad thing was that our baby girl was asleep the whole time we were there, but we will go back when she is awake, Thanks again.

Rick & Daisy & Juliananna Ybarra

7  Thank onefamily
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2008

During my 3 trips to Corpus Christi, I have made Many visits to the Selena museum.
Being a Huge Selena Fan, this was a place I just HAD to visit, since I am from Ohio, I never got the chance to see Selena live. Finding the place was the hardest part, because there is no signs or anything out front, you have to be quick with the eye or you'll drive right past it.
When you walk in, you are welcomed by Dolores, who is a total sweetheart!, She makes you feel so at ease and welcome, You are invited to take as many pictures as you want in the lobby, and then asked for your dollar, which goes towards the Selena Foundation, and you are asked for any cameras or camera phones, which is totally understandable, they want to preserve Selena's belongings that are on display. If you are lucky you will be taken on a tour thru the recording studio where Selena would record, and where Jennifer Lopez filmed the "I Could Fall In Love" segment of the movie, there is a GORGEOUS painting of Selena in there. When you walk into the Museum its self, it almost takes your breath away, its just a feeling you can't describe, seeing her outfits, her awards, her design sketches, her car, the item that really put in knot in my throat tho, was seeing her microphone she used during the last few years of her life, its still covered with her lipstick.
While you are in the museum, you will probably run across Mr Quintanilla or Suzette, I have had the opportunity to talk with them quite a few times during my visits.
And you never know, you may be a lucky one, Mr Quintanilla likes to surprise guests every once in awhile and take them upstairs to show them footage or in my case, I got to see some Enfoque Musical footage, and meet then up and coming artist Sesi. That was a treat. My husband, who really isn't a Selena Fan, really enjoyed the museum, after visiting, it left him with wanting to know more about Selena!
Usually if I am in Corpus I make 2 trips to the museum...just because I can't get enough.
I highly recommend it to ANYBODY, even if you aren't a Selena Fan or Fan of Tejano music, go and see it, you will come out with a different attitude and probably like my husband, wanting to know more about who this wonderful young lady who was senselessly killed at the age of 23...was.

6  Thank NobodyYouKnow