“Horrendous”

Ranked #73 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Kyle, Texas, United States
“Horrendous”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed one night here and it was the worst. I did read the reviews before hand but thought maybe these folks had one little problem and it colored their perspective but they were right. When checking in the owner was having a tiff with the girl working the counter. They could not agree whether or not our room was ready or whether they had wifi access. The room was old, musty, and hot, and the toilet would not flush. We called it in and the owner came and said he fixed the toilet (not). My husband fixed the toilet. The owner then said that the air conditioner needed time to cool off the room. On top of all that when we woke up the next morning we saw roaches crawling all over the table, furniture and our luggage. Honestly, I do not know how some places are allowed to stay open. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. This was the worst experience I've ever had.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cherie L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The room wasn't the best. It smelled musty and had water damage, but we were just looking for something cheap near everything. The Bayfront inn fits that bill. However, theirs was the least helpful hotel staff I have EVERY met. The wi-fi in the lobby wasn't working. The night manager said "oh well." I told her how to fix it and pointed to the router on her desk, but she would not do anything about it. No one would tell me where the nearest store was (3 blocks away). When I cut myself in the room on one of the beds, they had no first aid kit. And on our last morning, the owner just OPENED THE DOOR AND WALKED INTO OUR ROOM! They were awful! You get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you value your privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elisabeth075

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Weslaco, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2013

avoid this place...! unless you are not spending anytime in your room then for the price its good. the owners of this place really should put some money into it. freshen it up. the location is great!!! but that's about it. we stayed her two nights and my husband was so anxious to just check out as soon as we got there. our room smelled. we got the same dirty wet towels from the day before. the free breakfast was just cereal and milk and some juice. the pool was freezing cold. don't get me wrong with some TLC this place would be an amazing place to stay at. but this will only happen if they put some more money into it. the employees looked like they absolutely hated their jobs.

Room Tip: avoid this place period!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank anon956
White Settlement
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We booked this place for our vacation in June 2012. When we got there the lobby smelled mildewed and several people in front of us were requesting a refund. When I got to the desk the lady told me to go check out the room and if I didn't like it I could cancel. That should have tipped me off. We went to the room, and it smelled worse than the lobby, the AC didn't work and it was very outdated. The cleaning lady left a dirty rag on the TV and there was hair in the bathroom floor. This place is nasty! The staff however was nice and it's in a really good location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jana W
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed at the Bayfront on March 9 & 10th and the stay was good. I am a return guest and I will be returning in the future. Customer service was great and not to mention the rates are good. Again, the location of the hotel is a block away from the shoreline and very close to fast food restaurants. Be back again during summer.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank DaniC87
Reviewed 2 March 2013

After working a full day and driving to get a little rest on my sons and myself bday we get checked in. ROOM 216 we walk in and the smell of mildew...my husband flushes the toilet to make sure it works and there is water all over floor coming from the bottom of the toilet. We call front desk and they move us to room 218..once again the smell of mildew and the loon of filth the toilet hang on feels like your on a rocking chair..the air filter hasnt been replaced since the building was built. the prisoners at my husbands place of employment have better mattresses..as for the pillows well lets just say at least you had a "pillow" case..the room is across from a bar so be happy to get shut eye when the bar closes. There are no clocks in the room but its okay bout 2hours after the bar closes the birds that lurk in the palms will get you up..i couldnt check out FAST enough and for the complimentary breakfast didnt even try it im afraid the food may be as old as the rooms..then you check out they dont even care how your stay was.. We were better off staying in our truck and if management is still a Bhatla...well that explains it.....anyway happy birthday to us....Never again...they are negative stars...
Please to anyone stay AWAY!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank leapyearmel
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Me & my boyfriend were just there this past weekend and the moment I walked into the room It smelled kinda funky, we thought we would get a remodeled "suite" since that's what we payed for but the room looked so basic. We were there for literally 5 minutes and we saw roaches, one crawling up the sink & then another one on the wall, It was the most disgusting thing ever! so we went and got our $$ back! NEVER will we ever step foot into that place. I do NOT recommend this place at all.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple