“Good value”

Ranked #43 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Everywhere
“Good value”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

During the summer months when I visit Corpus I usually stay here. All other clean hotels are over 100 bucks/night with less amenities.
I have stayed here at least 4 times and was pleased that the front desk welcomed me back for my yearly visit.

Room: Clean king bed room with fridge/microwave, lotion, shampoo, conditioner. Nice fluffy towels. Not those cheapy things that hurt your skin to use. I swear it was the same guys hanging out in the parking lot drinking beer out of the back of their pick up that were there last year lol. It doesn't bother me as the pool area closes at 10 and there's no patio type area for them to hang out outdoors.

Pool: Small pool but always kept clean. Most folks are here for the beach so it's never too crowded except afer 7pm or so. I usually head back from the beach around 5 and have a few hours with the pool pretty much to myself

Wi-fi: Not sure if I mentioned before but depending on the time of day, the wifi connection was spotty. Lots of can't display page, this page timed out due to.. etc. This has been the case every visit but every time I always forget to tell the desk as I use my computer for email checking primarily and that's it.
Breakfast: Not really worth getting up for. They don't want you to take anything to your room which is ok. Muffins, waffle maker, juice, coffee. Go check out breakfast downtown somewhere.
Check-out: quick and efficient as always. Got the requisite 'see ya next year' from the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank davissummer24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This Hotel was perfect for our family trip on a budget. There is nothing fancy about this hotel, but the rooms are clean and comfy and included a fridge and microwave. Can't go wrong with free breakfast! Neighborhood a bit shady, but was safe and had quick access to the freeway.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sonia N
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The stay was great and so was the price. Only thing is my son was walking barefoot on the carpet and his feet were black, which disgusted me. If they can shampoo carpet it would have been a more pleasant stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Alex F
Reviewed 15 July 2013

For the price, much better than expected! We chose here because it was one of the only places in Corpus that didn't require a two night minimum stay. Also, our king size bedroom with fridge and microwave was only $104 with taxes included. Can't beat that during the height of the summer season! The customer service desk was amazing and friendly. The room looked and smelled very clean. We felt very safe there. It was quiet. They have a nice clean albeit small pool. Standard continental breakfast, but the place was clean and room to sit. The location was also great as it is only like 4 miles to the USS Lexington and the Texas State Aquarium. We will definently be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alicia F
Wimberley, TX
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This stay started off great, with very friendly desk clerks, and an unexpected room upgrade due to my membership in Choice Rewards. We were early for check in by about 1/2 an hour, and they called housekeeping to make sure our room was ready. The room itself was very clean and neat, with no ugly bedspread like you usually find in lower priced hotels. Stain on the carpet, but who cares, really? Note to those who stay in the summer: it's hot and humid, and the AC has to work pretty hard. I suggest you crank it down to 70 on High to cool off the room immediately. And use the ceiling fan, great to have for this area. I did have some trouble getting WiFi on my tablet, but I think it's because we were at the very end of the property away from the office. I did not try the Lan cable. My only real gripe, and this seems to be the usual for outside door hotels, is the total lack of weather stripping around the door. I don't get it. Just imagine the electricity these places would save by spending a couple of bucks on weatherstripping the doors and keeping all that cool air in and hot air out. What some called a sketchy area didn't bother me at all. It's just industrial, not sketchy. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cagseg
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My family and I were lucky to get the last room here. After reading many poor reviews of other local hotels, I wasn't sure what to expect. Our stay was excellent from beginning to end. This hotel has everything you would expect a good hotel to have. The customer service was great! The room was very clean and stocked with all the "extras". The pool, parking lot and corridors were clean and the landscaping was very nice. I was most impressed though with the hotel's security. A hotel employee walks around with a small device that he touches to a small magnet looking thing that's built in to the pillars all around the hotel. Somehow, it records that the area was safe when he checked it. Amazing! The room was only $103 for double queen beds and included a continental breakfast. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Monica G
Buda, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My family and I stayed on a weekend. I didn't realize that the rooms were accessed from the outside. That initially concerned me a little. But as it happened, we had no problems whatsoever. The air conditioning worked great. We were able to have a pet and were able to secure a smoking room, which is rare in the hotel industry these days. The front desk personnel were nice and even gave us a discount coupon for the Lexington. The iron and ironing board in the room were very helpful because we attended a baptism and ordination and needed to be dressed nicely. We also went to the beach at Padre and toured the Lexington while there. Taking a dip in the outdoor pool was nice after returning from the beach. A lot to do in Corpus and great place to stay! The only negative was that the bedside lamp didn't work-probably a blown bulb. But we never reported it to the desk.

Room Tip: there are smoking rooms available and pets allowed with a fee.