“"Maybe they should turn the light off"”

Motel 6 Corpus Christi Northwest
Ranked #58 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Van Buren, Arkansas
“"Maybe they should turn the light off"”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This place should be under some new cleaner management. I was absolutely grossed out by this place. We had been traveling for 12 hours and needed some rest and decided to pull off here. The front desk clerk was the most unfriendly lady I've ever seen. After getting our key and trying to figure out where to park we went to our room. I had to use the restroom and was grossed out, the toilet seat was left up and there was urine all over it. I used toilet paper to set the seat down and wouldn't even fully sit down. The air conditioning in the room was terrible, we didn't even sleep under the covers and the bed, I should have just slept on concrete. After getting no sleep, we got up to get ready and leave, the shower was so dirty we wore our flip flops in there. Then when I was fininshing up getting ready, I noticed something brown and smushy in the floor..no I didn't pick it up and Im not sure what it was. In the parking lot, we decided to get a drink well the machine took our money and there was an old lady standing outside by it trying to talk to us. We couldn't understand a word she said and she started following us. I wasn't real happy to see the neighborhood this place was in once it was daylight. So maybe they should just turn the light off and hope for someone who cares about the motel to come run things...

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hotrod0527

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I think the only reason motel 6 says they will leave the light on for you is because it's the only way to keep the roaches away. This place feels like it should rent by the hour. Bed is rock hard. Pillows are bad. Showers are clean but if you are bigger than a size 2 you won't fit.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Travel2011-2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

First off its in a horrible part of town, second the front desk gave us a key to a room that was already occupied and third the beds felt like sleeping on rocks! If your looking for a cheap motel then this is the place for you but really it's not even worth the 45 we spend on one night.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank loveashlee
Alamo, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I didnt mind the potholes in the parking lot but getting a tiny room with a bed crammed up right next to the AC where you cant even stick your feet between went too far... oh wait.. there were some dead bugs and one live spider which kinda freaked me the hell out that it might of been a brown recluse... also i could of found a better tv at a thrift store, small bubble tv thats been around since '93.... it smelled like petroleum since the location was next to a plant. but to top it off.. i got offered a hooker by a hotel guest outside in his truck... funny this all happened in one day! i should of got another hotel....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank footballguru666
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2010

i checked in before noon on 7/19/10 and the front desk clerk went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. The room was clean and house keeping staff came to clean my room in the morning. i would just like to thank them . most hotels are not as inviting and friendly as they are.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kitty_kat092
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Hi, I recently stayed at this Motel 6 in Corpus Christi Texas. I viewed this site before choosing this hotel / motel for check-in. Most of the reviews were negitive on the site ( except one ), but they were also older reviews also. Due to the older reviews posted, I decided to choose this property for my stay, and try it out. After reading the posts of other people, I was stunned how diffrent the experience was. This property was excellent. The motel is located off I-37, but is far enough away from the Interstate that it is quiet. The motel is a little tricky to find, because it sits behind another hotel called Airport Inn. You will pass this motel's entrance is you are not careful. Yes, there a a few potholes in the parking lot, but they have been filling them recently ( you can see the new patches ). The front desk staff was extremely professional, and was very kind. They had my room ready as soon as I walked in ( I requested a first floor room away from traffic online @ motel6.com ). Check-in was fast and simple. The rooms have electronic locks, as most Motel 6 propeties do now. The room was very clean, and very very quiet. The bed was older, had only two thin pillows, but was clean. There was only a stand up shower (no tub), and it had plenty of towels. Water was hot, and had no cold spells. There was a desk, a table, and two chairs. The room was a little smaller than what I normally rent elsewhere, but this was not so small it was uncomfortable. Local calls only, unless a calling card or credit card us used ( who does not have a cell phone ? ). Wi-Fi is $2.99 extra. The room was super cold with the AC, and you need this in Corpus Christi due to heat and humidity. The plus side was that the room was booked online through www.motel6.com and with tax I only paid ($50.59). Try and find a quality room in Corpus Christi for that price elsewhere. Most are $69.00 and up. Want the beach? Super 8 was charging $120.00 for just one person for one night. If staying on the beach I reccomend Best Western or Raddison. They are resonable.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I read all of these reviews and went ahead and stayed at this location anyway.... let me tell u the front desk is so friendly and helpful. My room was nice and clean. i dont know if there is a new staff or what but my stay was great. oh and the pool was very clean.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family