“Nice Place To Just Spend All Day At The Beach”

Motel 6 Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #65 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This place isn't anything too fancy, just some place nice to stay if you plan on spending all of your time at the beach or out and about. No microwave or fridge, and we weren't given any shampoo/conditioner, but we didn't bother to ask. A few cigarette burns in bed cover and an ashtray despite choosing Non Smoking, but the room didn't smell like cigarettes at least. It did the job for a cheap place to sleep on the coast, we would come back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flapjack254

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Got there in late evening, checked in with no problem. I had a lot of trouble getting the door to open from the outside. I would slide my key and the light on the lock would turn green, but even though I could turn the handle, it wouldn't unlock, it took several tries. Once I was in though, I was very happy, the rooms had been remodeled. Clean floors, table, and bathroom. Bright lighting, new flat panel TV and the bathroom had a very modern look to it. Actually, the whole room was very updated, much more modern look than hotels at double the price. The sink in bathroom and a towel had some hair on them, but other than that, the entire room was spotless. One thing that really bothered me was that ceiling of the shower had a mouldy piece that had broken off and was drooping down. When checked out I let the man at the front desk know about it and he told me they would take care of it.
I would definitely return, Motel 6 looks really good now that they remodeled.

Room Tip: If you book over the phone, just know that you will not be talking to a person at the hotel, you'...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erick P
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The last time I stayed at this Model 6 I had a bad experience – someone smashed the fender of my car and drove off.
I would have stayed somewhere else, but I was there to fish and it was Sunday evening and maybe the drunks would have gone.
I was right. The room was nice, the AC was great and I parked in front of my room. The fishing was not so good, but the hotel was fine.
A few days after my stay I was asked to review my stay – seems they are used to people having a bad experience… even though I said my stay was pleasant they send a not saying how sorry they were for my disappointment – they must have one prewritten and sent the wrong message.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Solar-sailor
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have stayed in many Motel 6 locations and this was the worst. The room was filthy--the floor was visibly dirty, there were spots on my bedspread that looked recent (as opposed to old stains), there was a lot of mold in the shower and the walls around the toilet were splashed with something nasty looking and not cleaned, and I was killing roaches when I got up during the night!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank buster002
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This was the most disgusting place I have EVER stayed in my life. The linens were soiled, urine and feces on toilet, ENTIRE room was filthy, insects everywhere, AC broken, trash ALL OVER the grounds, no housekeeping, pool was filthy and unusable, staff was incompetent, the "manager" Mark assured me that my stay would be better when I initially checked in and reported the condition of my room, but that was completely false and as a matter of fact he left and did not return until the last day of my stay FOUR DAYS later. It was horrible for us because we had no other options as every other hotel was booked for the 4th of July holiday so my family and I cleaned and sanitized the room ourselves. Do not make the mistake of staying here. The place was pure hell!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Sweetnovemberbee
Reviewed 6 October 2010

My boyfriend and I had been driving all night after having car problems and decided to stay in Corpus Christi. We chose to stay at Motel 6 on S. Padre Island Drive. When we entered we were greated by Frank who welcomed us as if it were his home offering us coffee and telling us about the sites Corpus Christi had to offer. After hearing our delema about our car he showed great concern offering assistance with car rental, list of garages, etc. Then shortly after we entered our room Frank called to make certain we were comfortable assuring us that housekeeping would not disturb us since he knew we were exhausted. What a pleasant stay! We will certainly stay there again and tell everyone how wonderful to have been greeted as family! Thank you Frank!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2010

The hotel is OK, I got a remodeled room and thought it was nice. I used the room between fishing trips and found it a good place to take a shower and sleep. But the hotel seems to attract a large collecting of drunks.. The balconies outside one section was covered with beer and wine bottles on Saturday morning. Someone hit my car, and there were beer bottle and junk in the pool - in all fairness I suspect the hotel staff cleaned up the mess quickly...just happy that I was on another part of the hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo