“poor customer service”

Ranked #66 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Hutto, Texas
“poor customer service”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I was helping my sister check in to her room in which they had none of her 3 reserved rooms ready including the handicap room. The attendant informed us that the room would not be ready for another hour and half. I asked if there was a restroom i could use since we were on the road for the past 3 hours and he told me to go across the street to the gas station. He was able to get one which was upstairs. three rooms were requested on 1st floor. at one point the attendant rolled his eyes at my sister so i decided to wait outside before i wanted to defend my sister. once in the room, the rooms were clean and had new furniture. There was one female who was either a employee on break or was hanging out with housekeeping employees. She was sitting on the stairs in which we had to squeeze our way by her to go up. she finally moved after we asked her to move.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Matamoros
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I've stayed at other motel 6 before and this one by far is the worst. The ad said it was newly remodeled... Yeah, like ten years ago. The staff was very nice, fast check in and check out. The room was dirty, bathroom was disgusting, the towels smelled like cigarettes, the room smelled humid. , but it was cheap. Would rather have paid a little more and stayed down town.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Albuquerque
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The room was small and even though newly remodeled, it needs more work.The bathroom had holes in the wall and some parts of the floor were coming up. We were happy to get the handicap room that we asked for but after coming from the beach found a truck parked without the handicap tag. Called up front and found out it was the maintenance person, wow. When we first arrived we sprayed the hotel with bug spray just to be on the safe side. Never found any dead bugs so that was good. The air conditioner did not cool down the room at all. We had it on 68 degrees but it never seemed to get cool. The staff was nice and friendly. Overall for the price it was not a bad deal. If you plan on only sleeping and taking showers here it is an average hotel. I have stayed at worse.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Temple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The room was sooo hot that we had to sit in front of the air conditioner to keep from pouring sweat. It wasn't just during the day when the temperature was hot outside; it was hot all 24 hours. When I went to the office to tell them how hot our room was and asked to get a different room, the office people told me that the other rooms were for customers that had reservations. I told them that I had made reservations several weeks ago and that I was already there. There was cracks around the door about 1/4 inch wide for bugs to come in and what little cool was in the room escaped. The door handle fell off the door in our daughter's room. When our son showed up that evening, his door handle fell off. Our dead bolt lock kept sticking so we could not close the door all the way. We had two small towels for 3 people and when I asked for another one, they gave me 2 hand towels and said that they had not washed the big ones that day. This was at 5 p.m. The price of the room was almost $90.00 per night. I am not a real picky person, but WOW!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there was any good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Belton, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This place isn't anything too fancy, just some place nice to stay if you plan on spending all of your time at the beach or out and about. No microwave or fridge, and we weren't given any shampoo/conditioner, but we didn't bother to ask. A few cigarette burns in bed cover and an ashtray despite choosing Non Smoking, but the room didn't smell like cigarettes at least. It did the job for a cheap place to sleep on the coast, we would come back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Flapjack254
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Got there in late evening, checked in with no problem. I had a lot of trouble getting the door to open from the outside. I would slide my key and the light on the lock would turn green, but even though I could turn the handle, it wouldn't unlock, it took several tries. Once I was in though, I was very happy, the rooms had been remodeled. Clean floors, table, and bathroom. Bright lighting, new flat panel TV and the bathroom had a very modern look to it. Actually, the whole room was very updated, much more modern look than hotels at double the price. The sink in bathroom and a towel had some hair on them, but other than that, the entire room was spotless. One thing that really bothered me was that ceiling of the shower had a mouldy piece that had broken off and was drooping down. When checked out I let the man at the front desk know about it and he told me they would take care of it.
I would definitely return, Motel 6 looks really good now that they remodeled.

Room Tip: If you book over the phone, just know that you will not be talking to a person at the hotel, you'...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erick P
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The last time I stayed at this Model 6 I had a bad experience – someone smashed the fender of my car and drove off.
I would have stayed somewhere else, but I was there to fish and it was Sunday evening and maybe the drunks would have gone.
I was right. The room was nice, the AC was great and I parked in front of my room. The fishing was not so good, but the hotel was fine.
A few days after my stay I was asked to review my stay – seems they are used to people having a bad experience… even though I said my stay was pleasant they send a not saying how sorry they were for my disappointment – they must have one prewritten and sent the wrong message.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo