“NOT WHAT THE PICTURES SHOW”

Motel 6 Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #66 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Forney, Texas, United States
“NOT WHAT THE PICTURES SHOW”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We arrived and waited in line for 15 mins before being helped while the front desk clerk answered the phone and was debating credit card charges over the phone. This should have been our first clue. When we finally got to our room it had used tissues on the terribly made bed and their was dirt all over the floor still as if no one had swept the floor. We quickly left and found another hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jonathan H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this location twice before without problems or complaint. The property appearance was good plus night staff @ check-in were fantastic. Room was fine and price worked well. We really just slept and showered here us they ate pet friendly. My only hangup was wish they had coffeemakers in room. Otherwise great.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank DaeganFamily
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Came to CC for a quick visit but were forced to change hotels because our original choice didn't work out for us. My wife and I stayed here once before about a year or two ago and were not impressed since there were people being pretty loud out in the parking lot late at night. Gave this place another shot and it was better. Staff was all very nice and friendly from the front desk clerks to the housekeepers and that was very pleasant. Room was not too bad either but could use some improvement. Found a long hair in our bedsheets so my wife and I chose to sleep on top of the bedsheets instead of in them. And the shower curtain was being held on the rod with zipties instead of curtain rings. Otherwise room was ok. Didn't have any issues with guests or noise everyone staying here when we did were families for the most part. Neighborhood is ok too its in a residential area off the highway and there are plenty of restaurants not too far away but nothing within walking distance except for a gas station on other side of overpass. So if you need a very budget hotel, you should be ok just be flexible with your expectations.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LY1019
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This motel is a cheap place to stay. It's rooms are small, you get clean towels, bar soap and that's about it. Internet is 2.99 per day. It's a third of the cost or less than any hotels/motels in the area. It's close to Port Aransas, Corpus, Padre Island, Beaches, Golf courses, food, shopping. It's spring break this week and we couldn't find anything less than about 700 for seven nights. This place was less than 400, for the whole week. They have men and woman cleaning rooms. Everyone is very, nice and helpful. It's not much, bring your own pillows, they have them, but mine are much better. The bed is hard, which I don't like, but some people do. So if you need a place to shower, no tub in my room!, and just need a place to sleep and watch t.v. then save some money and stay here. If you want comfort, get a way more expensive place to stay, because this isn't it. They have a pool outdoors, they have vending machines and close to everything. No food here, nope not even coffee makers, bring your own. Just a cheap place to sleep and shower. They do have nice flat screen tv on the wall and it's even in color! Have fun with the money you save in this motel.

Room Tip: I had an upstairs corner room, so it was good a quite and I could keep an eye on my vehicle. I was...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Corpus Christi
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have stayed here twice. Once the room was tiny with no comfortable feeling to it at all. No microwave or fridge and no free wifi. I t was ground floor very close to the road and felt unsafe to sleep in. The price was too high for no amenities.
The second time the room was larger as was the bed. The bathroom shower was big enough but no tub and again no ammenities: no coffee pot, no wifi (unless you paid extra) no microwave or refrigerator. The people hanging around the parking lot leering at my daughter and I made it a most uncomfortable stay!

Room Tip: Upstairs in the back are quiter
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marysuzane P
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Me and my family checked in. Front office was nice. Had to wait till 4 to check in. We went to the beack. Came back the room smelled so bad. I went to the store to buy some lysol. The bathroom was terrible. the toliet leaking the bathroom had long hair in shower. It smelled like mold. the bathroom Nasty. I told my kids to kepp there slippers on. The bed platforms had hair at the top of the bed by the phone. If we go to CC again. i will stay some where else. These pictures they have on here are not what it looks like. It is not clean here. even the trash outside the rooms.

Room Tip: the back is not good. people seem to live there. alot of traffic
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BerriShortcakes

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

usa
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We were going to Corpus Christi for the weekend for a job interview and on a budget. We were looking for a cheap but nice place to stay. We found this Motel 6 and it seemed like it would be fine.For $50.00 per night,it was affordable. We had planned to stay at Motel 6 for two nights but ended up only staying one. Check in was fast but when we got to the room,we then knew why it was so cheap to stay there.The room was very small and smelled like an ashtray and the door didn't want to shut.
The air unit was very nasty and I was worried about the quality of air that was comming out of it and it also didn't blow very hard as if it was stopped up with something. When we went to brush our teeth,the sink wouldn't drain and filled up with water. The shower had hairs all in it. The toilet had something all over the seat. The floors were dirty. The beds were hard as concrete. There was only a thin sheet and light thin blanket on the beds.The blankets looked stained and old. I was afraid to touch the tv remote and the phone as well.I noticed a blue wash cloth on the counter by the sink and asked my husband why there was a blue wash cloth there when all the others were white. He said he didn't know. I could tell it had been used and had assumed he used it and laid it there. I left it there by our tooth brushes and after we left I asked him if he had used that wash cloth to dry his hands and he said no, so it was plain that someone there before us had used it and left it there which really grossed me out because who knows what was on it and it was right there next to all our things and I touched it. That shows that no one really cleaned the room.
I called the front desk to cancel for the next night. She was very nice and asked if she could make it right. She even called back to ask if we would like another room but we had already got in bed,if you can call it a bed. The next morning I went down to check out and the man was very nice and said their biggest complaint is the hard beds. He told me he was sorry for any trouble and offered to give us all our money back but seeing how we did stay one night,I didn't want to take advantage of the situation and just my money back for the night we didn't stay.
This seemed like a safe place and they did allow our dog to stay for free. The staff in the office are very nice and helpful but if you are looking for a place to stay that is nice and comfortable and you need a good nights sleep,then pass on this one. I believe this Motel 6 could be better if the rooms were cleaned better and if they invested in some real good beds and bedding.
The maids need some tips on how to clean .

Room Tip: If you stay here,bring a foam mattress topper and some blankets and pillows. Socks for your feet. Ly...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business