“"Stay Away"”

Motel 6 Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #66 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Checked in and checked out. Room doesn't look anything like pics. Front desk staff was prompt to fax letter to cc company to get my money back but that is the only good thing I can say about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sammye340

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This place is located not far from N.Padre island beach. It's cheap and can be used for living 1 or 2 nights. There was a bad smell in room, however price+destination are really good. There is also nice pool for children, but I don't know if you'll use it because Mexican bay is located very close.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andriy Z
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My husband does a lot of work in Corpus and stayed here a few weeks ago. When he got to his room he found out it only had 1 bed in it (he had his helper with him) and when they asked for 2 beds were told none were available. When they got back to the room he found out the A/V jacks on the TV didn't work so he went back to the desk to complain and was then offered a new room WITH 2 BEDS! They took the new room but the TV still didn't work so they gave up and went to bed. About 2 weeks later he had to spend the night in Corpus again and this time i was with him. I work in a hotel so I know what to look for. 1st off the bathroom smelled like something died in there, there was only 1 towel and 1 rag for the shower. 1 bar of soap and no shampoo. The blanket had a blood stain on it and when he went to the office to complain and ask for another blanket he was greeted by the front desk agent saying "what do you want?" When he told her the problems she gave him a set of sheets and that was it, no blanket, no apology,no how can I make this better...nothing. When he got back to the room he used his cell to call the front desk and ask for a manager (it was 12:30 at night at this point) she told him there was no manager on duty and one wouldn't be back until Monday (this was Friday night) but she could leave a message on the manager's desk and get a call back in the morning. He told her he was extremely unhappy and she offered to give him his money back and we could check out. Because of the hour of the night and the fact that we had already ordered pizza we opted to stay there. The bed was HARD and when I woke up the next day my back hurt so bad I could barely move. My husband went to the office to complain again and this time the guy that was there apologized profusely and offered us our money back. I would never stay there again but I do appreciate that someone finally took responsibility and acknowldeged our problems.

Room Tip: RUN...don't walk RUN
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MICHELLE M
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We arrived and waited in line for 15 mins before being helped while the front desk clerk answered the phone and was debating credit card charges over the phone. This should have been our first clue. When we finally got to our room it had used tissues on the terribly made bed and their was dirt all over the floor still as if no one had swept the floor. We quickly left and found another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this location twice before without problems or complaint. The property appearance was good plus night staff @ check-in were fantastic. Room was fine and price worked well. We really just slept and showered here us they ate pet friendly. My only hangup was wish they had coffeemakers in room. Otherwise great.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DaeganFamily
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Came to CC for a quick visit but were forced to change hotels because our original choice didn't work out for us. My wife and I stayed here once before about a year or two ago and were not impressed since there were people being pretty loud out in the parking lot late at night. Gave this place another shot and it was better. Staff was all very nice and friendly from the front desk clerks to the housekeepers and that was very pleasant. Room was not too bad either but could use some improvement. Found a long hair in our bedsheets so my wife and I chose to sleep on top of the bedsheets instead of in them. And the shower curtain was being held on the rod with zipties instead of curtain rings. Otherwise room was ok. Didn't have any issues with guests or noise everyone staying here when we did were families for the most part. Neighborhood is ok too its in a residential area off the highway and there are plenty of restaurants not too far away but nothing within walking distance except for a gas station on other side of overpass. So if you need a very budget hotel, you should be ok just be flexible with your expectations.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LY1019
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This motel is a cheap place to stay. It's rooms are small, you get clean towels, bar soap and that's about it. Internet is 2.99 per day. It's a third of the cost or less than any hotels/motels in the area. It's close to Port Aransas, Corpus, Padre Island, Beaches, Golf courses, food, shopping. It's spring break this week and we couldn't find anything less than about 700 for seven nights. This place was less than 400, for the whole week. They have men and woman cleaning rooms. Everyone is very, nice and helpful. It's not much, bring your own pillows, they have them, but mine are much better. The bed is hard, which I don't like, but some people do. So if you need a place to shower, no tub in my room!, and just need a place to sleep and watch t.v. then save some money and stay here. If you want comfort, get a way more expensive place to stay, because this isn't it. They have a pool outdoors, they have vending machines and close to everything. No food here, nope not even coffee makers, bring your own. Just a cheap place to sleep and shower. They do have nice flat screen tv on the wall and it's even in color! Have fun with the money you save in this motel.

Room Tip: I had an upstairs corner room, so it was good a quite and I could keep an eye on my vehicle. I was...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family