“good quality room, good rate, breakfast was a little bit...”

Howard Johnson Corpus Christi
Ranked #62 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Unusually comfortable bed; I would return just for that! I was right behind the swimming pool and it was noisy; choose a room in back. Extremely clean hotel and nice staff; plenty of towels. I thought they wanted too much information for check-in. I am surprised at any praise for breakfast...weak coffee and heavy donuts...on return trip I will try the promising-looking Mexican restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool area!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here over the long weekend. Our room had two beds and a small kitchen which is great for those trying to stay in budget. Front desk staff was nice, but the housekeeping staff was fantastic. I've got little kids and they can be little tornados. Every time I asked for more towels, right away there would be someone bringing me as many as I needed. They also were able to direct me to the bayfront and aquarium which is just right down the highway from the hotel, maybe an 8 minute drive. All in all they made the trip much easier for me and my family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sara R
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

They gave us a room that was handicapped, but the shower had no separation from the bathroom. When we took a shower most of he bathroom floor got wet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Chris H
Austin
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My experience at this hotel was okay. But just okay. There were to many negatives to actually say I enjoyed my stay. The mini fridge they had was only a cooler and did not cool your items. It only kept it temperature that you put it in at. I had two different rooms during my stay. The second one did not have a well working AC unit. Both the elevator and the pool were out of order. Breakfast had limited options and I found myself eatting the same thing each day. Overall could have been better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Plaza Inn
Plaza Inn
#52 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Chr...
#47 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Red Roof Inn Corpus Christi South
Red Roof Inn Corpus Christi Sout...
#43 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Extended Stay America - Corpus Christi - Staples
Extended Stay America - Corpus C...
#50 of 80 in Corpus Christi

Been to Howard Johnson Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Corpus Christi

Property: Howard Johnson Corpus Christi
Address: 6301 Ih 37, Corpus Christi, TX 78409-2719
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Corpus Christi
Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #62 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Corpus Christi 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Corpus Christi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.