“Not bad at all. Read review**”

Howard Johnson Corpus Christi
Ranked #59 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio
“Not bad at all. Read review**”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Well on a last minute trip to corpus we really didn't have an option and I read all the "good/bad"reviews but I must say I had a really really pleasant time actually. I stayed 3 days and I did not have one single problem. Pool was a little crowded and yes parking wasn't so comfortable but the room and staff itself were great. We had a Double room. Beds we're comfy and everything worked even our ac. The room was very clean no problem there. Sheets were white and tidy. Pool was full of kids and guest but still got in and had a good time. Hot tub tho was warm but not hot. Overall I give it a 8 out of 10. It's really not that bad I promise.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rudyy88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pearsall, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The staff here is really friendly and when I checked into my room it smelled really nice. The beds were SUPER comfortable. The only problem I has was the noise. People were out by the pool/grill area till after 1 so it was pretty loud till then..

Stayed July 2014
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First time staying at Howard Johnson...it was actually better than I expected. Booked through Agoda for about $100 per night which was better than paying almost $200 per night for the others since last minute trip to Corpus. There was good and bad. I did not like that they want a copy of the driver license of every person over 18 in your room. I ask and was told it was "policy". So they had to copy mine and my husband's driver license just for the room which I did not like. Parking lot is too small and spaces too narrow. A lot of people parked on the lines and wasted a parking space. Our room was in the back of the hotel and it was hard finding a spot to park. Room was clean and did not smell. We had double beds in our room. It would have been better with queen beds. Very bouncy but soft. Fan on air conditioner did not blow very well but room stayed cool with the curtain shut. Did not eat breakfast there, but the coffee is horrible. Might would stay there again if only option due to it being so far from Padre Island.

Room Tip: rooms in the back seem quieter but dark
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Plaza Inn
Plaza Inn
#53 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Christi
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corpus Chr...
#48 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Red Roof Inn Corpus Christi South
Red Roof Inn Corpus Christi Sout...
#45 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Super 8 Corpus Christi
Super 8 Corpus Christi
#64 of 80 in Corpus Christi

Been to Howard Johnson Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Corpus Christi

Property: Howard Johnson Corpus Christi
Address: 6301 Ih 37, Corpus Christi, TX 78409-2719
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Corpus Christi
Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #59 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Corpus Christi 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Corpus Christi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.