“Slow” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Slow”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We go a seat fast. But that are slow. One cook and one person make rolls two people taking care of us. The people with us has been here a hours

Pensacola, Florida
“Must have gotten lucky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I went on a Saturday night around 7:30 and had no problem getting a Hibachi table. The waiter was quick to come take our drink order and continued to refill our drinks throughout the night. I had a groupon for $15 for $30 and told them at the end when they brought the bill and had no problem with it. After reading other reviews I was nervous of getting the groupon but they must have worked out the kinks by now. The food was really good, my husband got the steak and I got the chicken, and the entertainment was your about average Hibachi. We were pleasantly pleased with the overall experience although it would have been a bit pricey without the groupon. Oh and they will add the 15% gratuity if you use the groupon, which was fine since we usually tip more than that anyway.

• Visited March 2014
Austin, Texas
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had a Groupon which I bought before reading any reviews. I was a little nervous about how our experience would be after reading the bad reviews about the Groupons, but we had no problems at all. The Groupon DOES say that lobster isn't included in the fine print (I saw some reviews saying that it didn't, so maybe the newest version does now). We told the hostess and our server that we had one and they were both incredibly friendly to us. We used it for Hibachi for my husband and me and he also ordered sushi without any problem (I also read reviews saying that there were issues with trying to also order sushi.) The sushi wasn't included in the Groupon charge, so they just wrote it as a separate charge on the receipt and didn't give us any hassle at all about it.

The chef was fantastic. The food tasted great (I had the chicken and my husband had the salmon). Overall we had a good experience. There is nothing particularly spectacular about this restaurant, but if you're looking for a casual place to get sushi or hibachi then this place is perfect.

The only thing that was slightly annoying was that tip was already included in our bill. I had read reviews that complained about this so we knew to look for it and I'm glad I read those reviews because its not written very clearly and can easily be overlooked on the bill. If I hadn't known to look for that we might have tipped again. It seems like they only do this to Groupon customers because the people sitting across from us didn't have it included on their bill. Maybe to make sure that they are tipped on the full price of the bill instead of just what we paid that night? I can understand why its done, but I don't really like it. We would have tipped for the whole bill. But with that being said, they only added 15% and we usually tip 20% so I guess its their loss!

We will definitely eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
tahlequah
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The service, food, and, atmosphere was amazing. The host, manager, and, chef were very friendly. We never had to ask for refills, the food was unbelievable, and the chef was very entertaining. They made us laugh and we had a great time. Thy also offered o take our pictures. If I ever go back to Corpus Christi I will with out a doubt go to Shoguns again!

• Visited August 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Management is insanely horrible!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I could type an entire book about how horrible the owner is. She will add on charges randomly. Example: I asked for extra lemon slices for my water. I was never told there would be an extra fee or any problem at all. I go to pay the bill and wow I spent $1.50 on lemons. Not much money but still unacceptable! Even when I argued and refused since I am pretty sure that isn't even legal (only guessing) I was still forced to pay this.

Do not even get me started on Groupons! That ended up being the biggest nightmare possible. I just contacted Groupon and luckily they can cancel it for me. She would not allow me to use my Groupon (for her own made up reasons/nothing in the groupon fine print) and then she redeemed it anyways! I did not even eat!!! I then had to take precious time trying to explain to her what she did and she didn't know how to undo it, so I got a handwritten "Groupopon" on the back on what they write your order on. She should NOT be allowed to offer a Groupon since she won't even honor them!!!

Now I will be honest; I ate here a lot! I really enjoy the food! I always paid the 26.99 plus tip! My friends and I would come so often she would joke saying "see you tomorrow". I was a great customer always paying the full price and the one time I try to use a Groupon I get treated horribly.

I could rant on and on about this place! I have tolerated the bad service for so long and now she will lose a very good customer since I can no longer give my money to such a poorly run establishment!

Also, there is one waiter (very load and obnoxious you can't miss him) who acts all friendly to you but as soon as I had an issue with the Groupon and explained it to him he said with a very rude attitude "well what do you want me to do about it" and walked off. He then proceeded to ignore me the rest of the night as I had to wait for the manager to make time for me. Now I know I am a young college student who may appear to be a brat, but that is disgusting behavior on behalf of the staff.

Also, (positive waiter) I can't ever remember his name but there is one older gentleman who is very soft spoken and just absolutely lovely, the best employee they have and most likely the only sane one. When my friend and I tolerated another bad experience he went above and beyond to try to make it better, he even faced the boss woman to try and have the price marked down/free. He is the only staff member that is genuinely nice, helpful, and does his job!

• Visited July 2013