“Excellent family experience”

Ranked #421 of 703 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Asian
“Excellent family experience”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Took a vacation with family and co-worker and her daughter for a summer break. Read the reviews and thought it would be good food for the adults and a good show for the kids. I was correct all around. Kids and adults loved both the food AND the show. Service was swift and pleasant, showmanship at the Hibachi table was excellent. The chef really paid close attention to the kids. The food was outstanding...even got the kids to try stuff they never had before. Would easily go again and again.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had dinner at the Takeniwa last week while I was visiting Corpus Christi! I had seafood which was great quantity and quality wise. The only complain is that the rice was not cooked very well, but I guess I should have asked for a well-done rice. I loved the food and the service.

• Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Will not return”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were a group of 6 and were seated at a table where 6 other people were already seated. We were lined up vertically to the side of the chef so that 3 of us were behind the chef and could not see him cooking. This is not a big deal as we have seen the "show" before but he did not prepare 2 of our dishes correctly. We had asked for no teriyaki sauce on our hibachi chicken but he doused it on before we could see what was going on. We also asked for no extra butter and saw him fling 2 huge spoonfuls of it on what we though was someone else's order - but it was ours. The portions were small and not very good. My mojito was very weak. All for over $200. We will not return anytime soon.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Joy H
Houston, Texas
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great experience! We went to the Hibachi show and really enjoyed it. The chef was super friendly and professional specially with 2 young children who joined our table. The food was delicious!! Will definitely go back!!

Visited January 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Tasty Japanese/Asian Food with Entertainment”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I ate at the Takeniwa Asian Fusion Bistro in Corpus Christi TX in December 2013. It was my husband's company Christmas party and got to enjoy the meal with his co-workers. The food was really good and of course the Chefs put on a good show of some of the tricks they acquired in preparing the food. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Corpus Christi Texas.

• Visited December 2013