“Yes I can Recomend this Sea Shell Inn Yes Yes Yes”

Sea Shell Inn Motel
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Dallas, Texas
“Yes I can Recomend this Sea Shell Inn Yes Yes Yes”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We came to Corpus Christi for work, we stoped at Sea Shell Inn, Corpus Christi. The owner showed us the room, was nice, we stayed there about 4 months. My wife would not stay if the motel was bad, that is for sure. Whenever we coming back to Corpus Christi, Texas this is the Motel we are going to stay. Owner is very hard working man, always working with something ( nice guy )

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Me and my boyfriend arrived on 12-26-2012 , a Saturday about one o-clock pm. They put us in one room , and told us we would have to move to another room the next day. Imp sure if you are reading this then you have read some of the other reviews on here and know this is not the most cleanest and well keep motel. It is not, but for a long stay its ok because you can clean the room your self , and know its clean . it’s the best price for what it is that I have found around corpus. I would not suggest this place for a nice romantic vacation. If that’s the case go ahead and spring for the nicer places next door. This motel brags about the best view on the beach and that is true. Absolutely beautiful and with in walking distance of the battleship, Texas state aquarium, and some of the best seafood places around.
The worst thing about this motel is the crack head maid. She half @ss cleans the room. She actually complains if she has to do anything. Most days it gets to be 5 O-clock pm and she has not brung me any towels. You can just forget her doing any kind of cleaning to the room, but I would like some towels to take a shower. So I put my trash and the towel outside my door so she will come on with them. I can hear her cursing loudly when she sees she has to do anything. All in all this place is ok for a couple of week or longer stay simply because you can clean and arrange the room your self, but don’t depend on anyone here going out there way to accommodate you in any kind of way. It runs about 280$ a week for a kitchenette in the off season. I found a pair of panties up around the top of the tub where you cant see. I stayed here a few years ago and my truck got broken into and I lost a couple hundred dollars in stuff.

PROS___ very large room, stove with oven, best view of the bay, with in feet of the bay, walking distance from great attractions, super large closet and bathroom.

CONS_____Dirty rooms , tiny TV, the plugs and one of the burners don’t work at the kitchenette, the stove and fridge are rusty, very nasty dirty air vent, furniture is miss matched and wore out, room in dirty in general, the maid is uncouth, ole crack head beoch, the owner couldn’t care less if you have a problem . Dingy scratch towels, pitch dark staircase. Very dangerous. No video cameras.

Room Tip: room 223 is about the best of the kitchenette rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2012

These people seem to forget about the internet. This place is a joke it is very nasty. Employees seem to be grabbed off the streets (housekeeping). Then late at night loud music starts try calling front desk n to no surprise no answer. Never take your family unless you are equipped with a hazerd suit. Location is good but bad bad business n health hazard.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is a very old place, however, you really can't beat the location. We went this past week and paid $45 a night. We brought our own cleaning supplies and bedding just in case some of the reviews we read were true. I guess we got there on a good day. The place was pretty clean and in okay condition for the age of it. We could not imagine paying $100 a night though. But if you go any time during the off season the price drops to $45...we called the Radisson next door and they were charging $139 a night.

They only had a very small TV that was fuzzy, there was paint peeling, and some stained ceiling tiles. But we were just a couple of feet from the beach and a very short walk to the Lexington and all sorts of restaurants and the room had a kitchenette. So the location was a big redeeming quality.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank yolder
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in motels and some pretty crappy ones but this one took the cake please if you come out here don't stay here pay the extra money some where else this place has a great location and next to the bar but it's falling apart as soon as I leave I'm calling Heath inspecter to condemn this god for saken place and now there fleas in my bed so I think I'll be sleeping in my truck this the building doesn't fall on it first

• Stayed September 2012
Port Lavaca, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We wanted to stay at an in-expensive hotel/motel on the water and I found the Sea Shell Inn to be the cheapest at $102.00 per night (121.00 WITH TAX). OMG...you truly get what you pay for. The website showed it to be a really nice place (on the outside and the view of the water) even stating they "provide quality suites and rooms" and "the sea shell inn offers one of the best places to stay in corpus christi". The website did not provide any pictures of the enterior of the rooms. We pull up and found the exterior to be ok and we knew it was an older motel. We check in and go to our room. As we walked in we stood at the door with utter shock and sickness of how run down and disgusting it was. Ceiling tiles falling down/holes/mold. Trim missing on the edge of the sink. Carpet disgusting. Burn holes in the comforters. Leftover soap stuck on the edge of the bathtub. Missing tiles on the bathroom floor. Bathroom sink leaks and water was all over the floor. People were swimming in the pool that looked like it had not been clean (like people used the bathroom in it...cloudy looking). If you wanted ice from the ice machine you had to pay a quater for a small bucket (website didn't say you had to pay for it, but they did offer it). And the people that the motel attracted...talk about scum of the earth!!!! We forced ourselves to stay since we already paid for it and made the best of it with a night on the town. We paid for two nights and only stayed one...couldnt force ourselves (especially my son) to stay another night. Horrible....horrible....horrible place!!!!!!

Room Tip: "Do not stay here!!!"
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family