“Unfriendly”

Sea Shell Inn Motel
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Unfriendly”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The location is awsome great view at first everything seems ok friendly when u check in rooms were ok for da price but when we finally got to bed at 1:00 am the sheets smelled as if they placed them on the bed wet or left sitting had a awful smell of wet rag best way I could describe it so I didnt use any of em in da morning when I went to ask for new sheets due to smell mind u I spoke feiendly since I was paid up for two days having to leave my valubles n der room then I was told he didnt belive what I was saying was true I told him to smell the hem his self n then he said I changed my story from they were wet to smelling wet when I said they smelled like tbey were left wet bring ure own sheets n u will be fine there is no customer service instead of just handing new sheets u have to have a good reason why u need new ones which is ridiculous my opinion im not a very picky person im just stating the facts

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at sea shell Inn, had a very good time When we Checked in about 1:00 AM Patel was Sleepy ( Of course ) Seems very friendly. My wife was kind of mean to him and he knew that my wife is mean to him still he was giving her good respect. Around 3:00 My wife accidently broke the key in lock, Patel try so hard without disturbing the other people, could not get the key out from the lock. Finally he had to changed the whole lock. when we checked in we wanted to stay 2 nights but we liked his service and attitude so much we wind up staying with him for 5 nights. After 3 nights Patel found the my wifes wedding ring ( worth $ 3500 ) and return to her, she was so happy that she felt so bad that she was mean to him for no reason. She offer patel $ 100.00 reward and Patel refuse to take it, and said you buy something for yourself with that money. One thing for sure whenever we come to Corpus Christi, we will stay at Sea Shell Inn. We will tell our friends and family too. We saw patel work hard all day long, because his wife and his son went out of town he said. We saw him keeping the pool clean & fresh water all the time. Room was very nice & Clean, Towels, Bed sheets, was very clean. He said he rent the Bed Sheets from company call Uni First.

Room Tip: Nice Place to Stay, Excellent Location, Good room, good people. Do not worry about other Review.
2 Thank Paul G
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Don't even think about it! My husband and I are still in shock that we stayed 1 night here! We couldn't get our money back so we stuck it out- we had our kids with us and luckily brought their own blankets ( which will be washed as soon as we get home) we stayed out late and checked out EARLY!! This place is literally falling apart- we just felt so dirty here!! The location is great just such a shame that the owners are completely letting the place go!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank JLocan

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Cypress
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I can't tell you about the motel because making a reservation proved to be too difficult for their non-English speaking staff. The guy that I was attempting to make a reservation with did not speak or comprehend English well at all. The little that he did speak was used to be a complete jerk. In the end, we will go somewhere else. First time I have ever had hotel staff act that way before they got our business.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is not a 5-star hotel by any means, but it is reasonable, the pool is clean and it's right on the beach. There is a kitchenette with a stove/oven, microwave and full-sized refrigerator. We brought our own pots & pans & cooking utensils......and towels. Bring towels & washcloths because the ones in the bathroom are very thin & very small. Besides, we had 2 teenaged girls with us so we definitely needed plenty of towels. We didn't find the beds to be hard......maybe we're used to sleeping on firm mattresses. We were so tired at the end of the day that when we went to bed we went right to sleep.and slept very well. The linens were clean, however, and if you want they'll be changed daily. Free wi-fi.....not the greatest......but we weren't there to be on the computer. No elevator. We walked to the beach every day and it was wonderful. The pool is small but very clean. We also were able to walk to the Lexington and the Aquarium and Fajitaville was right next door and other restaurants close by. So for the price, this motel is fine if you don't intend to spend your time in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dollc
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Pros:
Location- walking distance to the beach, USS Lexington, restaurants, convience store
Price-compared to other big chain hotels located on the beach, the price here was very reasonable
Motel has pool which was clean, volleyball net set up
Friendly staff that quickly respond to ones requests
Rooms have a small kitchenette
Cons:
Mattresses were hard
Not a place to stay if you have disable people in your group that require an elevator
Rooms have no utensils, cooking pots, coffee pot

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew E
Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Sheets & linens perfectly clean. Nice pool, cleaned every morning (it was under my window and I saw them do it.) Most people staying seemed to be college kids and young families. The place doesn't look like much from outside, and the rooms could use refurbishing--I think some have already been redone. The sea air has corroded the hinges & other metal fittings. But the AC worked fine. GREAT view of the water and the Lexington, which we visited. You can pay three times as much and stay at the Radisson next door; you might end up with a nice view of the oil refineries. The rooms at the Sea Shell all face the water. Ask for discounts if you will be there awhile. If you are into little amenities like shampoo and coffee pots this place is not for you, but the WiFi works perfectly.

1 Thank faustina1