“Awesome”

Sea Shell Inn Motel
Ranked #49 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Awesome home away from home barbecue swim n da pool or beach .The view is awesome great service from a genuine person Pk . We came all the from El Paso with luv . highly recommended walking distance from Lexington Fajitaville next door access to many shops the marina isn't far at all many memories for our children . They have kitchenettes big bathrooms we've always gone with at least three other families always good service. sea shell inn is the best place to have some real fun quality time with the family. My children love it its not dirty really clean they love the fact that they can swim in the pool my son cannot get in sea but he can watch it from da pool u won't find that any where else but Sea Shell Inn thanks for making our times there great

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

out sides pretty beat up. But you are walking distance to the beach, resteraunts, U.S.S Lexington etc...Staff was very friendly as well as cleaning lady. Pool is heated kids enjoyed that. And to top it all off you cant beat their prize for being where its located. Overall the room was pretty oldish decor, but we didn't need anything fancy since we practacly just came in to sleep. Don't expect a 5 star room, but do expect good prices!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank familyvacationist
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I booked a room a week in advance, had a slight delay and knew I was going to be late checking in. I called and told the rep that I would be there, just later than I thought. They held the room for me depite my late arrival :). Upon I arrival I was given my keys and made my way to the room. Great room, with a great view, the price was amazing. I stayed within feet of restaurants, walking distance to the USS Lexington. AND best of all I I could literally walk to the beach when I ever I wanted. I will be staying here everytime I visit Corpus! My room had a kitchenette that was a plus, it's not like it was brand new, but it worked!!! Keep in mind this isn't the Omni or Days Inn even, but it was worth every dime and right where I wanted to be...super pleased with my stay and the staff, and the Owner! I do recommend bringing your own pillows..that's about all..seems like all the rooms had a great view!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SeaShellInnMotel, Manager at Sea Shell Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you! Great to know you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you again. Cheers!

PS: give me a call next time you stay, we like to reward our regular customers.

-Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Made reservation online. Motel was on wide strip of beach. Had newer shuffle board area, fenced in grass and play ground for kids. However, the Sea Shell gives "motels" a bad name. My six year old said it smelled. Kitchenette was straight out of 50s with tin foil under burners. Carpet had visible sand and dust bunnies in corners. Outlets missing covers. Rust in tub. A/c unit in bath/closet was duck taped and disgustingly dirty. Huge clump of hair on it. Visible dirt clumps on bathroom floor. Peeling paint. Deadbolt un sturdy looking. I was literally afraid to sit on the bed. We immediately packed the car and found another hotel south of the bridge. The nicest thing I can say about this motel is that the office manager refunded our 3 night stay when we handed back the key.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We asked for non-smoking smelled like a cigarette factory. Bed spread smelled like beer. Wwent to office he took it and rewashed it for us. The desk clerk was courteous. Did not get a good view as our room were in a corner. Overall I don't think the room was worth the price we paid. Will not stay there again. Also had bugs in my bed.

Room Tip: Check for bugs in bed
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank troxeltom
SeaShellInnMotel, Manager at Sea Shell Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hi there, I apologize for the less than pleasant experience. All of our rooms are non-smoking, and we always request people to smoke outside if they have to. Sometimes people break the rules and it seems that was the case.

During Spring Break, our rates are a bit higher, but they drop down to normal prices after Spring Break is over. We have a pest control company which comes and treats the properly regularly according to schedule, and we chose memory foam beds specifically because bugs are not attracted to this material.

If you change your mind, we would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back and make sure you have a pleasant experience. Please contact me at seashellinn@yahoo.com if you decide to visit again, we will make it right.

Cheers,
Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I love it. Can wait to go back. I enjoy the room very clean and the prices are great. I also love the convenient to everything. Hope we can be there this week From March 12-16.

Dolores G n Robert C

Room Tip: any room this great to be
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Love this place. Best kept secret in corpus for price and hospitality.My family stays here everytime we come to corpus. Convenient location, comfortable beds and georgeousvies. Pool is 1 minute from door and ocean is a 2 min walk.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family