“Wonderful people and a beautiful room!”

Hyatt Place Corpus Christi
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Schertz, Texas
“Wonderful people and a beautiful room!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I got into town early and just stopped by the hotel and the lady at the counter (Andrea) was so nice and friendly. She let us check in early and on top of that she gave us coupons to the attractions we came to town for! Even the day after, on her day off she recognized my wife and I and waved. I know they are paid to be nice but she was off the clock, simple things make a stay so nice and warm. The last night of our stay Zach was working the counter and was very friendly and helpful. The room was perfect, I was looking for something closer to the beach but I struck gold with this hotel! We had a setting area in our room, so comfortable and spacious. So on my list of hotels I will for sure return! Again thank you Andrea and Zach for making this the best anniversary for my wife and I!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Letsvacation12
Hyatt_Place_CC, General Manager at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Letsvacation12:

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi last November. I am so glad you had a great anniversary. Thank you for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor, especially for recognizing Andrea and Zach by name. That means so much when I can share individual accomplishments with the entire team. I hope you have had the opportunity to visit us again. If not, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you with reservations.

tracy.mcdowell@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I coordinated a conference for about 50 to 60 attendees at this hotel. Loved working with the Sales Department. The staff were very helpful and welcoming.

The hotel is new and very modern looking with comfortable spacious rooms to relax after a long day. I was very pleased because we received raving compliments from the attendees on the hotel and its proximity to the malls and restaurants.

Very satisfied.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Diana B:

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi last November and allowing us to host your conference. Your review on TripAdvisor was very nice. And I have to agree with you, we do have a wonderful sales staff, led by Denise Arnold.

Please feel free to contact myself or Denise if we can assist with any personal or business reservations in the future. Again, thank you for your wonderful comments!

San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My daughter has been attending A&M for 4 years now and I have made several visits to see her. I usually stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, but thought I would give this hotel a try. I am so happy that I did because it was a wonderful value. The rooms were big and clean, comfortable beds, nice hotel staff, great selection of breakfast items. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Corpus Christi!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Nancy S:

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi last November. I appreciate the nice review you left for our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is so easy getting to Texas A&M from our hotel. If you have not yet had the opportunity to visit us again, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you with reservations. The weather has been so lovely this week. Perfect time to relax by the water and soak in some sun.

Again, thank you for your wonderful comments!

oxford
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Loved this hotel. New and modern. Massive rooms with a very comfy bed and fab corner sofa which was great. Lovely breakfast with lots of choice. Good staff. Nice fitness room. Highly recommended! Only thing is I feel they should offer comp hot drinks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear sammie18:

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi back in October. I apologize for the delay in responding to your comments on TripAdvisor as I was new to the property myself during that time frame.

I am so pleased that you had a great stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I agree, our rooms are laid out in a very comfortable fashion. Although we do not offer the complimentary hot drinks throughout the day, we would always be happy to provide you with additional coffees or tea for your single cup brewer in the room.

I hope you have had the opportunity to stay with us again. If not, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you with future reservations and treat you to a Starbucks!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a really nice place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The general set up is nice and gives it a relaxing feel. The lobby also has computers set up for customers to use and also offers free printing. There are also many necessities they offer to borrow in case you left something behind They offer an indoor pool and exercise room in that is accessible threw room key only, and they also have a laundry room on the 4th floor. The rooms have a great layout and do not give you an over cramped feel. My only complain with that the beds are so comfy that you might sleep past breakfast which ends at 930am. Breakfast is great, they offer a variety of foods to choose from, and they also have room service available 24/7.
All in all I would say this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with younger kids bring videos for them to watch on a jump drive or something t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear VishnaLugoj:

I am so pleased that you had a great stay with us. Our Hyatt Grand Beds are very comfortable. We can always set you a wakeup call so you don’t sleep through breakfast. Then you can even take it back to your room and have breakfast in bed!

I hope you have had the opportunity to stay with us again. If not, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you with future reservations.

Helotes, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Place October the 12, 13th. The room itself was nice and well appointed. The noise level in our particular room on the fourth floor was atrocious. We were situated above a roof terrace with several large pieces of very loud AC equipment. It would turn on and BUZZ very loudly every so often, enough so that you could actually feel it vibrate the room. Made a good nights' sleep impossible. We complained about it bitterly the next day, and the front desk agent insisted that there was nothing she could do, as the hotel was booked.. We kept insisting that there had to be something she could do, or we were leaving. She made a last minute 'hail mary' pass and gave us a new room with a very surly 'sorry about that' comment/gesture as she gave us the new room key that she had previously insisted would be impossible ( a word you shouldn't use if you're in the customer service business) to obtain. Our second night was much quieter. Based on the chances of getting stuck near that equipment again, I would not stay at this hotel. (we have to note that the hotel maintenance engineer, Charles, was very helpful and customer service oriented. He had to put our glass shower door back on track.. a minor irritation in comparison to the noice issue).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LisaD329
Dear LisaD329:

I apologize that you had challenges with noise as well as service encounters. We certainly do strive to accommodate all of our guests, especially if there is an issue in a room. But, unfortunately you did not receive the level of service that should be expected of a Hyatt employee.

I realize that you have a choice as to where you stay when visiting Corpus Christi. I do hope you will give Hyatt Place a try again. We will make sure that your room is away from any outside A/C units and in as quite area as possible.

Thank you also for recognizing Charles as being helpful. It is always great to hear positive comments!

Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you with future reservations. It would be my pleasure to meet you. We would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Minneapolis
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Staff is very well trained and deliver great service. The rooms are clean. The bed was very comfortable. The rooms are arranged in a way that makes sense for a business travler or family. This is a top hotel in Corpus.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear amgtbfl:

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi last September. I apologize for the delay in responding to your comments on TripAdvisor as I was new to the property myself during that time frame. I appreciate your wonderful comments.