“Wonderful value and experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Corpus Christi

Hyatt Place Corpus Christi
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Texas
“Wonderful value and experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel and staff were wonderful! From check-in to check-out, we were well taken care of. The room was open and well outfitted. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. The front desk staff paid attention to put needs. The housekeeping staff maintained the room with professionalism. Overall a wonderful experience!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Loretta C, Manager at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We do our best to make guests feel welcomed and cared for. We are happy to hear that you felt the rooms and staff were adequate to meet your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Nicely appointed room, very clean and tidy with a nice little living area with a sofa, fridge and a small desk if you need to work. The bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff were awesome and were extremely helpful, giving us lots of tips about visiting the area. Breakfast was okay - pretty much standard for this class of hotel. They have a bar / food area that serves a small but reasonable selection of beers and wine as well as some simple snacks. The hotel is about fifteen minutes drive from downtown so it's not perhaps the best of locations if you want to be close to the centre of things but overall I thought this place was really good value for money. Would definitely stay again.

Note: if you're driving to the hotel and on the freeway, your GPS may direct you to come off at the nearest exit to the hotel which is then only 100 yards away. In busy traffic you may not be able to get across the side road to the hotel entrance in a safe or timely manner meaning you then have to drive round the block.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Alan G
Hyatt_Place_CC, General Manager at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Alan G,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. I appreciate you choosing Hyatt Place for your lodging needs in Corpus Christi. It was so nice of you to take the time to write a review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for including the tip on the exit from the freeway. It can be challenging to enter the parking lot from Nile exit on a heavy traffic day. I recommend using the Airline exit as well. It is indeed a safer bet.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return soon. Please do not hesitate to let me know if I can assist you in the future with reservations or any other area information. We’ll look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel is only a year old and feels new everywhere. The Hyatt Place concept has a larger than average bedroom with a seating area and sofabed in addition to the two doubles. Everything worked as you'd expect from a nearly new hotel, with HD TV and fridge in the room. Breakfast was busy but there was a lot of seating and the staff just about kept up with resupply. There is a small pool and onsite gym. Staff were very helpful, though I declined the tour of the hotel on arrival which they tried hard to help me with.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Challenger07,

Thank you for your recent visit to Hyatt Place in Corpus Christi. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to submit such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you will continue to choose our hotel when visiting the area.

Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel is very nice and new. Rooms have everything you need. Breakfast could use some protein. However, its the customer service that will have me returning. I was with my Science Olympiad team for a tournament last weekend. One of the students left a very important folder in their room. We checked out and headed to the university. A little later the folder was delivered to us. Someone from the hotel had found it and brought it to the university. Never have had that happen before. I will always recommend the Hyatt Place Corpus Christi and will stay there whenever I am in Corpus Christi.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kub72,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place, Corpus Christi for your lodging needs during the Science Olympiad. I trust the tournament went well for you and your students.

I appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to make such a nice comment regarding the hotel and staff on TripAdvisor as well as via the Hyatt Place survey. I am so pleased that our staff was able to accommodate you in such a special way.

Please let me know how we can assist you in the future. We would be thrilled to have your team stay with us during the next tournament. Once again, we do appreciate the opportunity to serve you and thank you for your wonderful feedback.

Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

For a reasonable price the rooms are very well appointed with comfortable beds and a large sofa. The only downside is that they are designed with the toilet and bath/shower in an ante-room but with the washbasin in the bedroom, a peculiar arrangement for privacy.
Staff are very pleasant and helpful. There is good car parking.
The food in the small restaurant is limited and not brilliant but there's a range of soft drinks, beers etc and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wales25
Hyatt_Place_CC, General Manager at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Wales25,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you staying with us at the Hyatt Place in Corpus Christi. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. In order to continue to serve our guests better, we have recently added some new breakfast sandwiches to our morning skillet selection. We will also be adding new items soon to our 24/7 menu offerings that I hope you will like. Again, thank you for choosing Hyatt Place. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in any way.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I really like the staff here (the daytime front desk), who are mostly friendly, except the guy who works at the front desk every morning dressed in running gear and wears a baseball cap, and doesn't say hello to anyone (very uninviting if you ask me, and a bit eerie), so writing this review does make me a bit sad, because the staff does try hard to accommodate their clients.

However for reasons listed below, I definitely will NOT be staying here again. I have been coming to Corpus Christi for Contract work over the past year and I stayed in a couple of hotels in the area and they were old and outdated, so I thought I would try Hyatt Place, since most Hyatt's I've stayed have been fabulous! Also this hotel is only a few years old. However, after staying here for several months over the course of a year, I have to say that I am fed up with this place.

Yes, it looks new, and thats about it!

I've stayed in multiple rooms for longer than most people and have noticed some really annoying things which are pretty consistent.

Here are the CONS's:
1. This hotel allows dogs in EVERY room! There are no designated dog rooms like some other hotels have (which only allow dogs on the first floor in a few rooms, hence making them easily avoidable). Barking at night can be heard easily from a level above or below, or a few doors down on the same floor. I heard a lady complain of a dog barking for over an hour and the front desk was unable to do anything about it.
2. I've seen many fleas and had a flea crawl into my ear while sleeping (which woke me up).
3. The rooms often smell like a wet dog vs sewer smell.
4. The shower heads are pathetic. Water is either too light and misses the focal areas of your body or its too sharp and stingy and misses focal areas of your body (not one room has had a good shower head!) They're pretty much calcified inside from all the hard water here and they can't replace them. No room is spared.
5. The cleaning is sub-par. I've found other peoples hair in a newly made bed on arrival a few times. Not sure if its the cleaning crew hair or the person who last stayed (raising the question if the bed sheets are even new).

Believe me, I have had to stay here a long time due to my work and I have become a hotel snob due to the nature of my work. Most people stay one day and may not notice these things, but for me, and I'm sure for most of you reading this, cleanliness is an absolute must! And i can tell you due to them allowing dogs to stay in every room, its NOT clean by any means.

I think i'll switch back to Hilton for my rewards points. Hyatt's dog in every room policy is just Ridiculous! If a person has a dog allergy, or pet hair or flea allergy, then you pretty much can't stay in a Hyatt!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, period. If you have dogs and don't mind the stink or occasional fleas, then...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravellingDoctor786
Dear TravellingDoctor786,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding your previous stays with us. We welcome all comments. It is because of guest feedback that we are able to correct any areas where we may have fallen short. It is our goal, every day, to continuously improve so that we may be able to provide the best product and service possible.

I would like to let you know that I appreciate the nice comments you made regarding the majority of our staff. I was sorry to read that you had a less than welcoming experience with our overnight staff. I can assure you that the issue with that team member has been addressed.

As you know, we do allow dogs in our hotel. We do indeed have rooms designated as pet friendly due to their location and proximity to exits. However, when those rooms are filled, we do allow dogs to stay in other rooms. Unfortunately, we sometimes have guests that also bring their pet in through a back door without our knowledge. Admittedly, when that happens, we sometimes are not aware there was a dog in the room until after the guest checks out. We do deep clean the rooms after a pet has occupied it so that it will be ready for any guest to check in to.

We also take it very seriously when someone reports any type of “pest” in their room. If it is reported that someone believes there is a flea or other insect in the room, it is our practice to lock down that room until our pest control contractor can come investigate. I can gladly say, he has never found any fleas in any of the guest rooms. We have preventative pest control but, our contractor is also on call in the event of something being reported. I trust you did report the incident so that we would have the opportunity to investigate.

Also, I would like to apologize that you experienced some housekeeping issues during your stays. Clearly, by your comments, we fell short in that area. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is ever an issue so that I may address it personally with our Executive Housekeeper as well as the individual housekeeper(s). We have also been in the process of testing different showerheads. Our shower heads are removed and cleaned quarterly (or as needed) by maintenance to try and avoid hard water buildup. Because our showerheads are water conserving, I realize that does restrict the power at times.

I am sorry to hear that, at this time, you have chosen other accommodations when visiting Corpus Christi. We never like to lose a valued guest, especially a loyal Hyatt Gold Passport member. If you would like to discuss any of the issues you mentioned further, I would happy for you to contact me. We would love to have the opportunity to earn your business back. We value each of our guests. Please feel free to contact me if I can address any other concerns or assist you further. We hope you will be back in the future!

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

tayed one night at the HP CC. While CC is not much of a luxurious place to be, I found the HP to be one of the better HP properties I've stayed in. The service was very very good, rooms standard for the new HP's. I requested points vs beverage but also go an unexpected Diamond amenity-two apples and a breakfast bar. This one is newly built near the Las Palmas mall and not far from S. Padre Island. 15 minutes to the hotel, 10 minutes downtown. Better location than I anticipated it would be. There is an Applebees within walking distance, and some new sit down restaurant being constructed next door as of January, 2013.

The only thing I noticed that was awkward was the shower. It's an open shower with a curtain rod and short buffer to keep the water from soaking the bathroom floor. I've never seen a shower in a HP like it before. When I first saw it I wondered if I had gotten a handicapped room, but then after looking for other accommodations realized I hadn't.

I didn't stay for breakfast due to an early flight--although I'm not a big fan of HP breakfast choices anyway.

The shower certainly was not a deal breaker, but it was weird. I do recommend this spot, especially if you are in town for business or passing through and looking for Hyatt credit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt_Place_CC, General Manager at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear KC66212,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hyatt Place Corpus Christi and for being a valued Gold Passport member. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hyatt brand. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to leave such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I do hope next time you are in town, I will have the opportunity to meet you. I also hope you will have time to join us for breakfast. We have added some new sandwiches to our skillet selection. Perhaps one of those will be more to your liking than previous offerings. Again, thank you for staying with us. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you with future reservations.