“Breakfast Yum”

Ranked #83 of 703 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Mexican
“Breakfast Yum”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

There not not many places to eat on this side of the island. But with this little restaurant, located just off the National Seashore, you really do not need more. We enjoyed the chorizo and eggs. Note that the menu tends to be more on the authentic side, in case you are a fan of TexMex.

1 Thank Beenie1981

“CAUTION! Enter at own risk...”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This evening my father and I visited La Palma in Flour Bluff. First, when our food was brought out, it was not hot only mildly warm. Even my father's meal (which was served on a skillet) was not hot. Then as we were eating, I noticed something black on the side of my father's plate. It was a fly that had been injured somehow and was clinging to life hanging on the side of his plate. It is currently 1 in the morning and I am having severe stomach problems which I attribute to most likely a case of food poisoning. I will not be going back and I caution anyone planning to dine at this establishment.

• Visited July 2014
Macon, Georgia
“Very good breakfast at a great price!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

La Palma #2 - My wife and I enjoyed an excellent breakfast on a Sunday morning. The omelets were perfect with fluffy eggs. The place is standard diner atmosphere with friendly and attentive service. It was crowded on Sunday morning. Dinner on Saturday night was good. My wife and son had combination plates that was good but standard fare for a Mexican restaurant. The value, however, was great. They have a good variety in their menu including Mexican seafood dishes and American fare like hamburgers. The location works well if you are staying in one of the beachfront properties on N Padre Island - actually, it is the nearest good restaurant to the beachfront.

• Visited June 2014
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Food is Great; Margaritas Are Excellent”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When we first walked in we were not impressed. Fortunately what the place lacks in looks it makes up for with some very tasty authentic Mexican food to wash down with the best darn frozen margaritas I could find throughout my whole Texas Coast vacation. Since we've returned home I have spent a good amount of time in my evenings trying to produce a margarita that comes as close to theirs as possible. I learned their secret is that they use a soft serve machine to make them, so the product is so darn cold it'll freeze a lime wedge and give a person brain freeze for sure. We ate their or at their sister restaurant in Port Aransas every day of our vacation.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Frazier S
Flower Mound, Texas
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The place has authentic mexican breakfast, price is right. It was very crowded on sunday morning but we only waited about 5 minutes. I had the machaca, which is a typical northern mexico breakfast (eggs with beef jerky).

• Visited May 2014