“La Halla House it's NOT!”
Review of Torch Restaurant

Torch Restaurant
Ranked #419 of 691 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Corpus Christi, Texas
“La Halla House it's NOT!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This used to be one of the great old time restaurant of Corpus Christi. The food used to wonderful and the service used to some of the most gracious in the area. NO MORE. I don't know what has happened but this place has gone to the dogs. The food was horrible, the vegetables smelled like fish, the steak was nasty, the service was surly and I feel sad that this has happened. The place seemed dark and dirty. I took an out of town guest there and was humiliated. I can see by the other reviews that this was not just an off night.

• Visited May 2013

Rockport, Texas
“Still shocked”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Special occasion took us there. Started out great until it came to the salad. We were encouraged to try their salad dressing. I asked for a dressing I liked and she said she did not know what it was and turned around in loud voice and asked (owner?) and responded "not in 30 years! The waitress insisted and hers but I denied and said I did not like theirs. She said I was aggressive and I said I was the customer. When I finally settled for thousand island, I proceeded to eat my salad but it tasted gross. I refused it and again she was not interested and made not effort to bring me another. She said she got both salads (mine and hers) from the same batch and she was simply a waitress. I proceeded to mention the salad was no good and again she said I was aggressive. I had gone their to propose to my girlfiend and I am still in shock.

• Visited April 2013
houston
“Wish I would have read TripAdvisor being going....”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Horrible. Very sad to go to the Torch and see the delipidated state it is in. This used to be one of my favorites throughout the 1990's. My steak was thin and overcooked....exactly as the previous reviewer wrote: freezer burnt and dry. Would have made better jerky. The twice baked potato was so cold I actually CUT through the top of it. The stir fried veggies had been sitting there for quite awhile because they were cold and wilted looking. Pathetic that a cook would send that out the kitchen and expect someone to eat and pay for it. We waited and waited for service. I finally walked to the bar and ask for a glass of wine. I love to patronize the local, family owned businesses in CC when I visit my hometown but after the ordeal here, it was very obvious that we would have fared much better at Outback.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting, Ribeye was not Angus!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This is a disgusting restaurant. My wife and I were very disappointed with the meal. I ordered a medium well Angus Ribeye and I got a freezer burnt steak. It was replusive, the steak lacked flavor and it's appearance was lacking. I tired to explain to the waitress Petra that it was not an Angus steak nor was it a well done steak. She actually argued with me about the type of steak it was and the quality of the food. We left and still were expected to pay for this sickening meal. Please do not go there, I am only trying to save you from a disgusting and horrifying experince.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SickinCorpusChristi
Corpus Christi, Texas
“The worst of the worst”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The worst of the worst. Dined their today. It took over one hour to receive our order. The twice baked potato was cold and hard, the mashed potato was cold, the marinated grilled shrimp were burned and tasted like butane, the chicken fried steak was cold and tasteless. One of the worst meals we have eaten in Corpus Christi. We paid $51 for two shrimp, one bite of twice baked potato, a couple of bites of chicken friend steak. The dinner salad is nothing but lettuce. I like the calamari appetizer but it was also cold. The wait staff was very nice and I felt sorry for the waitress having to serve such a bad product. She gave great service and we gave her a 20% tip but the food was just not edible. In addition, they charge for soda refills. 2.25 each! And we had to wait over an hour for food. Terrible place.

• Visited December 2012