“Fresh tasting shrimp”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My daughter and I looked forward to eating seafood on the Gulf Coast as we are from Kansas City. Hard to get truly fresh seafood here. The shrimp was extremely fresh, large, and flavorful. It was within walking distance of the Texas State Aquarium which is why we chose to eat there. It looks run down from the outside, which made me want to eat there even more! I am glad we did. We will go back if we are ever in Corpus Christi again!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We really enjoyed having dinner here during a mini trip to Corpus Christi. The name is a little deceiving as it is NOT on the beach--nor do you have a beach view. So if your heart is set on enjoying your meal with views of the bay--this is not your restaurant. But if you're looking for a good place to dine, friendly service, quick & delicious food--this is it. I had the shrimp tacos & husband had a sandwich. His food was only fair--but my food was excellent. We both agreed that the salads were very fresh! They had live entertainment on a Thursday night in the back. Not too loud which was great since we were with our 7-month-old. Server was attentive & nice. We look forward to the next stop. Try the Apple Tart--very good & not too sweet. Good value & portions!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had gone to an overpriced place, on the beach, the night before, so we didn't know what to expect. The food was really good, the crab cakes were the best...really tasty. The place was nice. The neighborhood isn't the best...probably looks better at night being as it's a little run down. Blackbeard's has tried to maintain their building and improvements are notices, not so for other place. I'd hit it again

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We got in late but food was really good. It looked like a little hole in the wall but had a large menu and service was great. Live music was out on the patio. Lots of character.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I enjoyed my time at Blackbeards. I had a soup that was really good. The drinks were top quality and made to my liking. I will return to this restaurant.