“Who would have thought?”
Review of Wallbanger's

Wallbanger's
Ranked #157 of 708 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Order at the counter and beware - those burgers are big! Homemade buns buttered and toasted are fabulous.
Even though we were there at lunch the food came out quickly. I really like this place

Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

This Wallbanger's is on the aged side; it could use an upgrade here and there . It is clean though, and everything is in good repair. The staff are friendly and professional. The burgers - very tasty. The buns stand up to the burger and are delicious. I loathe a place that puts a perfectly good burger on a pasty flabby bun that turns to mush or falls apart after two bites. What I would do to elevate what they offer..... Use leaf lettuce on the fixings bar and slice the onions neater and thinner (kudos though for the white AND red onions). I would also offer a selection of other condiments that make for a gourmet burger (chipotle sauce, BBQ sauce, A1 sauce, Worchestershire, Dijon mustard) I will certainly be back (and next time I will try that pepper jack and bacon burger).

Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is basically a burger place similar to the fudruckers chain. You order at a counter and they call you when your order is ready. Decent food, a step up from fast food places, a nice fixings bar and a nice salad bar if you want to add salad to your order. We had a large group and the dining area set up was good for this.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I had the 1/3 lbs. burger and I couldn't finish it! it was so big, flavorful and plain and simple the most amazing burger ever! I had the cheddar bacon and added grilled jalapeños to it. The fries were fresh, crispy and well seasoned. Great service as well. Will have to go back everytime I am in Corpus :)

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I somehow thought this was a regular (has waiters or waitess) burger restaurant, but it is a order at the counter, self-service type restaurant. It was really casual and the line to order the burger can be really long. Their burgers were good. They are big (even 1/3 pound one) and rich. I picked a lot of butter flavor from the burger I ordered (mushroom and swiss.) Being able to put tomatos, lettus and all other condiment as I like in salad bar was great.