“Good food gone bad!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Good food gone bad!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

A bad meal with drinks for two at Rigatoni cost $50 vs $12 at Whataburger. Be careful of when they rotate out the cook when you decide to visit. It will be a long time till my nx visit. Cold blan pasta is terrible.

“Decent Italian food for Annaville”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Remember you're 10-15miles away from "corpus" this is the only place you can get a nice Italian meal & not drive a ways if you are in the calallen area. The place is small but clean & the food is okay no complaints just not the best I've ever had. If you want really good Italian, drive downtown corpus & eat at mama MIA's(cash only though & way more expensive) if you want good Italian that's reasonably priced & you're in the area this place will do nicely.

• Visited August 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Authentic Italian food for Corpus Christi. Food and service was great at a reasonable price. Best option on this side of town.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Oh My Goodness...”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This was seriously the most amazing italian restaurant I've ever eaten at. I wish I could eat here every day. LOVED IT!

Visited May 2012
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

North Houston, Texas
“Not Bad but I wouldn't go back”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

we went Wednesday night about 6:30, it's a neighborhood restaurant in a strip mall so i wasn't expecting alot- and it was about what I expected. I warned my partner not to order veal marsala because I had a vibe that it would be a frozen thin rubbery prepackaged patty and it was. Seated pretty quickly, there were about 3 other tables, 2 couples and one large party celebrating a birthday. Tablecloths covered with plastic, why bother? Drink orders taken quickly but seemed like it took way to long for the 2 glasses of Chianti we ordered to be served. My spouse noticed it was being decanted from ...a box. OK no big deal- its 5 bucks a glass, our server gave us 2 large red wine glasses which are filled about 1/3 up...maybe I don't get out enough but it seemed stingy.
I order oven baked rigatoni, he orders the veal marsala. You get soup or salad, choices are cream of broccoli or tomato basil, house salad was typical iceberg. Wait time after dinner order is normal. Cream of broccoli was good, maybe a tad salty but fine with me. Small cup- all good. As we were finishing that we are told bread is coming out of the oven soon. It gets to table after we are done with soup. Four slices of garlic bread. Maybe 5-6 minutes and the entrees show. Good job of making them very hot, my pasta was very hot almost to the end. Not much taste though. Small bits of italian sausage, the rigatoni, melted moz and ricotta, the tomato sauce was not to my favorite but I was hoping for a rich slow cooked kind. this one seemed fairly uncomplicated..I think it was canned crushed tomato not fresh...which would be fine if they had seasoned it more. It wasn't bad, just nothing special. I asked for and got crushed red pepper flakes to sprinkle on and that doctored it up pretty good- I ate it all.
Veal marsala according to my dining companion was tasteless and tough. Marsala sauce was flavorless, he added salt and pepper which he normally never does and some of my crushed red pepper flakes...helped some but he was disappointed. Spaghetti on the side same sauce. His vegetable was good- not overdone- he liked them. 8.95 rigatoni , 14 or 15 bucks for the veal- total bill was 36 with the wine.

• Visited December 2011