“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a great locally owned little deli. I have been numerous times and have never been disappointed. The Israeli coleslaw and Matzo Ball soup are the best I've ever had (actually the only I've ever had). The brother and sister team are always working and give great service with pleasant conversation. Each time I go, they give me another interesting tidbit of information on what it means to be kosher. So, I get a great meal and an education!!!

• Visited March 2014

Corpus Christi, Texas
“High Quality, High Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Ate here recently and enjoyed the sandwich labeled "The Rhodes." Has a bit of everything in it and was both very good and more than enough for lunch. Came with potato salad which was unique and just OK for me.

This new eatery is striving to be the very best at what they do. The gentleman working the counter, I suspect he is an owner, is great and goes the extra mile to accommodate your wishes.

I will return but at almost $30 for the two of us, for a sandwich and drink, I am afraid this is a bit out of the price range for many locals.

Restaurant does need some decorative touches and I suggest a bit of music playing in the background possible?

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Food good, but waaaay too expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

I ordered half a dozen plain bagels and the Leah's falafel sandwich, which came with a side of potato salad. My total was $18. The food was good, but the prices were so steep I will not return.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank sophilly816
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

The homemade bagels are completely superior to those at the grocery store. The falafel is scrumptious, but my favorite is the Israeli cole slaw. And the matzoh ball chicken soup? Oh, yum. Open on Sundays, always a plus.

• Visited April 2013