“Hampton Inn I-37 NW” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
League City, United States
“Hampton Inn I-37 NW”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here while attending my cousin's graduation from TX-AM CC. Adequate rooms, breakfast and environment. Very close to the highway so you will get noise from the highway traffic. Might want to request a room away from the highway. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Uvalde, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hampton NW I37 was a great place to stay on our get-away weekend! The staff was friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable. The room was quiet and offered a great place to rest and relax. The indoor pool was a nice feature. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Deer Park, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Overall the stay was okay but the bathroom needed repairs -- the floors especially need fixed. They were missing grout between the tiles and it is my opinion that these repairs should be made well before allowing the room to be rented.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Isaac H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Northwest I-37, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I'm aware of the bathroom situation. I got a chance to read your feedback on our online survey. I will meet with maintenance to get the issue resolved, but also to be more proactive. We really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to servicing you again, and to show our improvements on your next visit to Corpus Christi.
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for one night in July 2014. The hotel needs a bit of TLC to bring it up to Hilton standards. The room seemed clean but everything in the room felt damp even the carpet. The problem was probably the poor air conditioner on a hot, muggy Corpus Christi day. The closet door was broken and wouldn't stay closed. The beds were ok -- reasonably comfortable. The bath tub had no slip protection in the shower and I slipped and fell out of the tub.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and we heard a lot of bumping above us.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Isaac H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi - Northwest I-37, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I was made aware by the guest that the bathtub did not have a nonslip adhesive or mat in there. I have made it a high alert project to make sure every bathtub in my facility is safe. As the new General Manager of this property, I have taken on many challenges and look forward to successfully putting those challenges to rest. I know that I can't do it by myself and that my team plays a vital role in my success, the success of the hotel, and more importantly the GUEST. We, the Hampton Inn Northwest thank you for the feedback. We welcome back all guests and especially the one's that didn't get a hundred percent satisfaction. We apologize for the below standard service and hope that this previous guest and others with give us a chance to prove that we are one of the elite hotels in Corpus Christi, TX.

Isaac Hernandez
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked a room on the first floor due to a disability. They placed me on the third floor. The next day the elevator broke down and was not repaired. The clerk was to busy to help because they were playing a computer game and talking on there cell phone. The room was dirty. The showers will loose water pressure and hot water.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Since reading about the issues with this previous guest, I have met with my front desk staff about giving their full attention to our guest and that absolutely no cell phone use will be tolerated. Staff fully understands. I have also met with my housekeeping supervisor, and we have come to the conclusion that we will both check rooms to assure Hampton quality rooms are being sold at my property. As far as requests, we will do a better job at accommodating those, but know that there are situations where we are unable to. I apologize for the elevator breaking down. Issues like these are beyond my control and me and my team did what we could to help guests up to there rooms by helping with their luggage. Most guest were understanding of the situation and were thankful for offeriing to help with luggage. Overall, this is a learning experience for my staff and I, and will only make us better. We are sincerly sorry for inconveniencing this particular guest. I have since refunded one of his nights and replied back on our on-line medallia survey about the same issue.

Isaac Hernandez
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed overnight here for a recent business trip. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast was convenient with many options. The hotel is not located in the heart of tourist attractions, but the Corpus Christi seawall is an easy 10-15 minute drive down I-37.

We used a conference room and we were nicely accommodated. Beverages were refreshed in the conference room during a break time. When the housekeeping staff started using their vacuum outside the door of our conference room, the management was quick to have them stop and wait until a more appropriate time to finish vacuuming. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Pflugerville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a great stay, good breakfast, and i would recommend this to anyone. It is a little far from the beach but it was comfortable and clean. We did not know it was so far away from the beach but other than that it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple