“Great Stay”

Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Holiday inn marina in corpus christi.
The room was as beautiful as the veiw of the bayfront.

The staff was very responsive to any needs that we had and took excellent care of us while we were there.
Check in was fast and very accommmodating, Staff was helpful.

Room Tip: Great stay on the higher floors the view of the bay was nice to wake up to and little to no noise fr...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wrigly1
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear Wrigly1: Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I will provide your comments to our staff, they will be happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff provided excellent care. You will be happy to know that our hotel will be undergoing a major renovation over the summer that will make our rooms the best in Corpus. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times before when it was owned by Omni. I have to say that this time around, as a Holiday Inn, I felt as if it was not up to par with the standards and expectations we had of this hotel. I'll start with the positives. The hotel lobby is very clean and beautifully decorated. It has a very nice atmosphere. It even smells nice. It has a great location, right in front of the bay and very close to restaurants and the harbor ferry is right across the street. The staff were friendly. The swimming pool is both indoor and outdoor and there is a nice gym facility. The bed mattresses and pillows were very comfortable. A few negatives: $10 parking fee? That is crazy and a ripoff to customers. Other competing hotels provide free parking to their guests, as it was the previous time I had stayed in this particular hotel. I don't like the fact that the balconies are locked and not accessible. It sucks to pay extra to have an excellent view and not be able to step out and enjoy it. The rooms, while nicely decorated, felt very neglected. The carpets were dirty with a lot of huge stains. The furniture is very worn out. I'm not sure if I'd chose to stay here again next time I am in Corpus Christi, maybe if it gets good room remodeling. I do not feel like i got what i paid for. It used to be my favorite hotel.

Room Tip: If you pay extra for a bay view room be advised that you will not have an accessible balcony. Just a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank philip0424
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear philip0424: Thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know how we could make your stay better. We appreciate the fact you noticed the public areas and the bedding as they were just updated. The balcony doors do not currently open due to issues but will be addressed next year. The hotel is going to start a complete room’s renovation and once completed will make us the top hotel in Corpus and I am sure will be your favorite hotel again
Houston
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I booked this hotel knowing it was in the processing of converting from an Omni to Holiday Inn, so I expected a few kinks. Upon check-in they couldn't find my reservation although I'm a Priority Club member. I had to look up the reservation on my phone and show them the confirmation number. Then they front desk said "Oh you're a Priority Club member" and then they found my reservation. The first night my shower broke and on a Sunday night they were able to get someone there within 5 minutes to fix it. My room was fine, except the door to balcony is locked for "your safety". Why have a nice view if you can't even really access it. The second day they ran out of in room coffee, which is pretty good Seattle's Best. Front desk only had decaf, housecleaning only had decaf, room service had none so the manager got me a free cup from the in house Starbucks. They were out of coffee the next two days. They are in the process of upgrading so I even got a new flat screen TV while I was there but they didn't bother to dust around where the old TV was. Checkout was slow, there was an error on my bill and it look a long time to correct it. The biggest issue with this hotel is the $10 parking fee. What a rip off!! The garage was completely empty, why would they charge for this??

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Centine
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Dear Centine: Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is continual feedback like yours that is necessary to make sure we strive daily to provide our guests with the service and accommodation they deserve. Please accept my apologizes for the problems you experienced and know that we have worked thru them after the transition. As you mention in your review we did just recently convert from a Omni to a Holiday Inn and we had some issues that have since been solved. The balcony doors are currently locked shut due to the railing needing to be upgraded, which is in the works. Again thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again the next time you are in Corpus Christi.
Austin
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Had originally reserved w. the Omni Marina - when we tried to ck in - we were cancelled - I called the Omni - they said it was b/c the Holiday Inn bought out the hotel - We recieved NO notification email or call - they certainly had our CC# if We cancelled but no notice on Either Hotel chain's end. I spoke w/ the front desk person over the phone who assured me we did have a room but could not tell me why we were not notified by the change in hotels - I most certainly think we, as a consumer should know, right? That person was very nice - spoke w. them when we ck'd in. Our room was #523 - walked in and on the wall was coffee? splatter on the wall & picture. We went down to ask what time happy hour would be - they had to go and get the person to open up the bar. We got 1 drink comped which was nice.... when we asked other hotel staff about the 'heated pool & hot tub', we were told the hot tub was shut down b/c well, it was just plain nasty and there was No heated pool. Hmm. Ok... again, some type of notice would have been great Holiday Inn Corporate. So, we packed our swim suits for nothing. Room service #?? no one answered after 3 tries I call the front desk - someone tells me room service will contact me, which they did and Karen was Great - brought up our food in a timely manner and it was good. I looked out my balcony window to see the hot tub's top pulled off to the side, empty. It was just a very disappointing wkend at the hotel. We'll go elsewhere - sad b/c this was off season - you'd think it'd be simple to care for your off season guests so they'd come back... Poor conditions.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MPKaustin
Dear MPKaustin: We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Holiday Inn Marina. I deeply apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. I want you to know that that your experience was conveyed to all our staff so that in future guests do not run into the same problems as you. As you pointed out the hotel recently converted from an Omni to Holiday Inn. The information passed along to the hotel was only name, room type and dates of reservation, the Omni should have sent you an e-mail or called as they did not pass along contact details. Due to the transition we did have a few bumps which have been quickly worked out. The pool heater was down during your visit and is currently in the process of being completely replaced. The hot tub is shut down and will be removed to allow for greater area to relax in the beautiful indoor pool area as well as the addition of a games area. Again thank you for the feedback and hopefully we will be able to welcome you to Corpus the next time you are in the area.