“Nice view, location”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
Ranked #12 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I stayed three nights in this Hotel. It has a great location and view. Our room was fairly small with a really small rest room. The workmanship in the room leaves a lot to be desired… crooked light fixture over the mirror, crooked outlets, towel rack coming loose from the wall, bathtub faucet turning when you try to switch to shower. The walls are thin or we had the bad luck to have some loud obnoxious people in the connecting room. We put towels in the bottom of the door and it helped a bit but were woken up two nights around midnight! Check-in was fast, efficient and very friendly. The restaurant is small and so maybe that is why the buffet is also pretty small but it’s still a good value. We had the buffet one morning and a-la carte the next. The huevos rancheros were delicious. The service was very good and again very friendly, personable waitresses. My main complaint is with house-keeping… they did not restock the soap and the last day they simply stretched the covers on the bed… we ended having to make it ourselves before going to sleep. The air conditioner kept the room nice and cool but it seems to be missing dehumidifying capacity. On the whole, I would return.

Room Tip: upper floor for better views
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcguz
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear jdgc: Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am sorry that you experienced issues with your guest accommodation. We are in the midst of a complete renovation of the hotel and the "details" is one of the areas we are most focused on to provide out guests with a perfect stay. We are glad that you got the opportunity to enjoy the Coastline Bistro and the wonderful food on offer. Please know we will be discussing your comments at our weekly staff meeting in our continuing effort to improve our guests experience. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This place is awesome! *friendly service
*awesome bar
*Indoor pool and gym
*great view

Been coming here for over 5 yrs now even when it was named Omni and they always have given me great customer service even before/after the name change

I recommend speaking wit a gal named Amanda R. She works at the front desk

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ricky_barr_
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Ricky Barr: Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and your continued loyalty to our hotel. While the name on the outside of the building may have changed the great customer service has not. With the renovation that is occurring our hotel will match the great customer service making us the “go to” hotel in Corpus. Thank you for recognizing Amanda R at the front desk, she is one of many customer service champions we have on staff. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Corpus.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed here with friends just after spring break. The hotel was tired, we used room service twice and twice we were ignored.
The staff were very apologetic and I got the impression there may have been a problem with a member of staff so we left it at that.
We were collecting loyalty points and I promised myself I and my wife would not go back, but I see it is being remodelled, so despite the dingy stained room that put me off I may well give the hotel another go!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Callum W: Thank you for letting us know about your stay earlier in the year. I apologize that your experience was not up to our usual high standards. You were staying at the hotel right after the conversion from an Omni to the Holiday Inn and were still working out the kinks. I do not feel your stay was a true representation of our service. As you point out we are currently undergoing a renovation that will make us one the best hotels in Corpus and I extend to you a personal invitation to return and see the improvements that are taking place and experience our quality service. As mentioned in previous reviews (after your stay over spring break) service is our number one priority. Thanks again and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina.

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I was concerned about some of the reviews but this is a top notch hotel! I loved the view from my room. The bed and linens were great. I loved the in room coffee and the breakfast buffet. We walked to restaurants! It is a great location! I hope to go back someday!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sharibaer
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear Sharibaer: Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much while staying with us and that you got to enjoy the wonderful views of the Bay and Marina as well as our wonderful breakfast buffet. With our location in the heart of downtown Corpus Christi everything is an easy walk including bars, restaurants and attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back when your return to the area.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The hotel is in the process of being remodeled.
Pool with Pool Bar, great location and views.
I did not eat there because there were plenty of restaraunts within a close walk.
I would consider it somewhere between 3 &4 stars until the remodel is complete.

Also you have to pay $10/day to park, I hate paying to park at the hotel I am staying at!!
The fitness room has machines and free weights, above average.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Mark c: Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina, we appreciate it. As you mentioned we are currently undergoing a renovation and we hope it will be completed by the end of the year as we do not want to disturb our guests. We are glad you got to enjoy all the great amenities we offer here and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The location was great , the view was beautiful. The breakfast was to expensive for what you got for the money , but luckly Dennys is not to far off of hwy 37. room was nice, pool was great. only wish spa was working, under repairs. very friendly staff. easy walk to the bayfront. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The breakfast was not free and expensive. For 9.99 you got a juice, choice of meat, 2 eggs your way...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank califfroggy
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear califfroggy: Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina, we appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic views across the bay and marina and that you got the opportunity to enjoy our wonderful indoor/outdoor pool area. The spa is currently down and will be removed to be replaced with a great deck area with table games and deck chairs. Due to our location a lot of our guests take advantage of the easy stroll along the bay front. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed at this holiday inn this past weekend, i must say everything was nice about it. The bar, pool, rooms were awesome, but the a/c was so horrible i woke up with my hair drenched with sweat!!! I wouldnt recommend i night of stay for anyone there. I felt like asking for my money back!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rickys874
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Ricky S: Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina Corpus Christi. Please accept my deepest apologizes for the lack of air conditioning. I want you to know the problem has been resolved. I am disappointed that this issue left you with a bad impression of the hotel considering the rest of your stay was very enjoyable and you were able to enjoy all the wonderful amenities we offer. Please contact me as I would like to discuss the issue with you further.