Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
Hyatt Place Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$125
Hotels.com
Residence Inn Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$133
La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi Airport(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$125
La Quinta
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
US$172
Plaza Inn(Corpus Christi)
US$114
US$137
La Quinta
Best Western Paradise Inn(Corpus Christi)
US$108
Staybridge Suites Corpus Christi(Corpus Christi)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$138
Staybridge.com
All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolmeeting spacegift shopwater streetfront desk agentfitness roomhotel restaurantbusiness tripnice poolking bedthe staff was greatpadre islandjuanitaconferencesaunastatuevalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The hotel needs a serious update. The avocado accent wall and patio type table in the room need a makeover. The shower tile caulk was dark and needs to be redone. On the plus side - staff is friendly, breakfast buffett is good, and the air condition works wonderfully.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelWithAlexa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear ramseyboy1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I made our reservation a couple months in advance & called to make sure all was in order. My mother, a friend & I were going to have a "girls weekend". We asked for a room that could accommodate 3 ladies so we wouldn't have to share a bed. Also asked for fridge & microwave. None of it was in the room (beautiful view by the way). 1st call to front desk. Was told they couldn't put any of it in room until we checked in. We'd checked in at about 1:30pm then went to lunch, so this was about 2 hours later. She said she would try to accommodate, but no guaranteees. Sarah Perry was the wonderful gal who brought up the fridge, microwave, rollaway bed and extra pillows. HIRE MORE LIKE HER - SHE IS A TRUE GEM! Tried to open glass door & it doesn't open. 2nd call to front desk. Same gal, now has attitude. I asked for the key to open the slider & she tells me no one is allowed to open the doors. Our friend was going to arrive around 8pm so we decided to check & make sure the sofa sleeper had linen. 3rd call to front desk - same gal, same attitude. Housekeeping brought the linens & handed them to me. I don't mind making my own bed, but it seems odd at a hotel. I made one more call to the front desk and asked for a supervisor hoping to avoid further disappoints during the weekend. I explained the rough start to the weekend. She said I should have been more clear when I made the reservation! Highlights - The valets were great - Rheyjim (sorry if I spelled it wrong) & Rob. The folks at the lounge were great & the food was superb! I also spoke to Nicole, the front desk supervisor, a couple times during the remainder of our stay. She was very sweet and did her best to help us get settled and make sure we had all we needed. We had to ask for simple things (coffee cups, coffee) and again, she made sure we had it. I guess my question is why weren't the basic things that should be in the room not in the room? BOTTOM LINE - I would go again because it's got a great view and some good points, but probably wouldn't book a room for a special event. Oh, did I mention I am a Platinum member?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelley C
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear ShelleyClark: Thank you for taking time review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. Please accept my deepest apologizes for the short fallings in our customer service and housekeeping. It is our desire to make every stay a special stay and I am sorry we did not. Sarah Perry is a true Gem and thank you for giving her a shout out I will personally thank her for a job well done. Our balcony doors do not open due to issues with the railings and humidity and apologize you were not informed at check-in. I am using you review to help train the front desk and housekeeping departments and truly appreciate your honesty and insight. Thanks again for the review and we hope you will give us another try when you visit Corpus Christi so please call me personally to make your reservation.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Rob and Hector, shuttle drivers were both fantastic!!! I totally enjoyed chatting with each of them and they went out of their way to help me. Eunisha and Denver, both at the front desk were superb! All of the staff at this hotel were above average in customer service! I loved my stay with them!
blessings, Casey Jones

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Casey J: Thank you for taking the time leave your review on Tripadvisor.com. We are delighted to hear that our team of award winning team members went out of their way to make you feel special. We want every guest to leave as happy as you did and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The view is great.

Thats where the positives stop. Was here on business. Walls are thin. First night I could hear the neighbors TV quite loudly, as well as conversation until about 1am. I was tired enough to not deal with requesting a room change. This noise was in addition to the constant drag racing from street bikes and honda civics running up and down shoreline blvd. Rooms have very little outside soundproofing so road noise is loud. While the rooms all have balconies, guests are not permitted to take advantage of them, and the sliding glass doors (with aforementioned lack of soundproofing) are permanently locked.

Second night (SUNDAY! at 8pm) they were doing construction on the floor directly above me. Not sure why they were renovating on a sunday night that late, but the intermittent drilling noise was inhibiting my ability to have a phone conversation. I requested a room change, and they set me up in the same level of room on a different floor. Seriously? Construction this late on a sunday?

Furniture is worn out, bathrooms are clean enough. TV is actually really nice, tons of good channels, wifi is fast. No mini fridge is a big downfall in my book.

I'm used to staying in hotels that are much worse than this, but for the money, this is totally not worth it. I would rather stay somewhere newer for $150/night. 2/5 stars is well deserved based on my experience. Poor performance. Would not recommend.

I will be staying in hotels at least four weeks in CC over the next two months. I would have gladly stayed here for the duration, but I will seek somewhere new tomorrow based on this experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Bozemanskier: Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit to our hotel. I am truly sorry that it did not meet your expectations. I deeply apologize for the noise from the renovations we are currently working late into the night due to time demands. The tired rooms you are speaking of are the last rooms to be completed in the new renovation. We do not offer fridges and microwaves in the rooms but they are on offer by calling the front desk and our housekeeping staff will be happy to deliver them directly to your room. Please reach out to me personally via the hotel at extension 3640 so we may discuss your stay in further detail. Again thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We have been coming here since it was a Marriott in 1984. The hotel has been an Omni and now a HI property. The hotel is undergoing renovation and appears near completion. Facilities are nice and the whole pool area is a outstanding in warmer months with expansive bay views. The new remodeled rooms are clean & nice with a large HD TV and nice furniture. View is excellent on Marina side (ask for this). Room amenities are adequate. Beds are comfortable. Got advance purchase $119.00 rate which was about right. Hard to pay more in January. Extra $10.00 daily charge if you bring a car (parking is covered). Borrowed cart checking in to bring up luggage, but had to use bellman to leave Sunday morning (no bid deal), just curious why not there all the time. Restaurant was open and food prices appeared reasonable and fare seemed decent, but did not try. Bar open and also looked nice, but again, did not try. I definitely recommend this hotel based on value, view, location and price. In two or so months, renovations should all be in place. The neighboring Omni may be more upscale, but it's kind of detached with not quite the views and a forgettable pool area. Also, it's more expensive. Book this property with confidence.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear James R: Thanks you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We are glad that you had the opportunity to use our outstanding pool located on the 3rd floor, it truly is one of the best pools in the entire area. Our bell staff are located at the main entrance and on occasion have to make periodic runs to the airport and valet cars so I apologize they were not available upon arrival. Thank you again for leaving your review on Tripadvisor.com and we look forward to your return visit.