“Nice place to stay in Corpus Christie”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
“Nice place to stay in Corpus Christie”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I loved this hotel, close to everything. Helpful staff. The front desk person overnight was very helpful and pleasant. Cant remember his name but I do remember he was from Sacramento.

We were planning to stay for one night but ended up staying another night partially because the great assistance we got at the front desk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and I will let the desk staff know of your kind comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located. Great views of Corpus Christi bay. Staff was helpful. Room was comfortable and large with bay views. Public parking is $10. Valet is $15. Nice indoor and outdoor pool. No Texas wines. Did not eat there. Needs refurbishing. Bathroom needs updating.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are still undergoing a renovation and hope to be complete with the rooms by December 2014. Our bathrooms are scheduled for new tile work for the tubs as well as faucet fixtures that should be started by August of 2014.

We look forward to your future visit.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have grown to have very low expectations of any Holiday Day Inn facility, but this one took the cake! When I arrived in the room, there was already a black hair in the bathtub; it grossed me out. However, I did manage to stay there about a week. During that time, they cleaned the room once! Yes, just once! And that was the day before I left. All the time I was there, they didn't vaccum, clean the bathroom floor, clean the toilet, wipe down the sink top, or clean the show/tub, let alone change the linens. If there was a black hair in the tub when I first arrived (that obviously wasn't mine), I wonder how clean the floors and toilet were to begin with?! The sliding door did not open (screwed closed) so it was impossible to enjoy any fresh air, despite there being a tiny balcony. I had to call, almost daily, for missing items such as towels, shampoo, or conditioner. The only positives were a comfy bed and a fairly quiet room.

Room Tip: If you want a "good room", don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AmberA777
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Amber A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you liked the comfy bed and quiet room. ​However, I am sorry that our level of cleanliness did not live up to your expectations. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your future stay.

Charisse V.
Brisbane
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in February to attend a conference. The Hotel lived up to expectations.
Check in was easy and we were given a room on the 19th floor at the end of the corridor, overlooking the Marina. Nice view.
The room was spacious, with a nice comfy lounge chair and king bed. The bathroom was small but workable. The wardrobe was a bit tired, the doors didn't slide easily.
Loved having the free wifi.
In February it was a bit cool for the pool, would need a bit more heating. The gym was small and only just adequate for a decent workout.
The conference facilities were good, meals at the conference excellent.
We also had breakfast at the restaurant and ate dessert one night in the bar. All were good and service staff were helpful.
Location wise, the hotel was close to some nice restaurants but there was little else in downtown Corpus.
The concierge staff were excellent, driving us to the USS Lexington, the airport and even to a downtown restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are still undergoing our renovation should be complete by December 2014 for the rooms. We hope that business brings you back to Corpus Christi and our property.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was able to get a great price for my stay here via Priceline so it ended up being less than $90 per day. The hotel is quite beautiful and with free wifi, two pools, and a fitness center, I was pretty happy. They have a parking garage and charge $10 for self park and $15 for valet park. I thought it was per day, but it was just for my entire stay. The indoor and outdoor pools are connected so if it's windy and chilly at night, the water may not be as warm as you think. However, it was still warm enough to enjoy my swim (I tend to like heated pools very much, but that's just my own preference). There isn't a jacuzzi btw. Bathrooms were nice and clean, but a tad on the small side. The walls are rather thin so hearing my neighbors one night on both sides was a little irritating. The second night was fine though. Bed was comfortable and the room itself was spacious. All the hotel rooms are angled at 45 degrees so you get a view of the marina or the USS Lexington from your balcony. The Selena statue isn't far and across the street by the marina. Several food places are also at a walkable distance. This wasn't far at all from the Aquarium and USS Lexington. Also not a bad drive if you want to visit North Padre Island, where we went horseback riding. Overall, I was very happy with my choice and would stay here again because of the convenient location and beautiful view.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tom W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 31 July 2015
Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful 5 star review.
Mustang, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I was in town from 04/14-04/16 for a business meeting. The problems started from the time we arrived. Inexperienced desk staff, rooms not as expected (very small), two members of my party had rooms switched to different room type then what was reserved and were not notified prior to arrival. Both are platinum ihg members.

The restaurant was a whole different set of problems. Day 1 attempted to have breakfast approx. 15 people were seated upon our arrival in the restaurant. Took 10 mins for waiter to come take order, then took 15 more mins to get drinks, then 10 more mins for food to be delivered. Once our check arrived it took over 5 mins for the waiter to run my credit card. Wait staff seemed very under trained and inexperienced.

Ice machine on 7th floor was totally disgusting. Mild growing in the ice machine and on ice. With all the upgrades you would think you could have replaced the ice machine or at least clean it. Another idea mini fridges in rooms would be great.

Had dinner at the bar one night with co worker, we had 1 beer apiece and dinner. Charged to room, showed up as $34 liquor charge. Not a good practice for business traveler filling out expense reports.

This is an old hotel that has somewhat been remodeled, but could still use some work. For the most part the staff was very friendly, but hotel could use some more upgrades. Great location next to the marina. I would have a hard time staying at this location again, with newer Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Express in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank osumedic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear osumedic,

Ben J
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I rated this stay an 'average' in that the three nights I stayed there ran the gamut of highs and lows. The check-in process was smooth with a courteous rep on the afternoon of April 1, 2014. While checking in, however, a guest approached complaining that his key would no longer open his room and that it was the fifth time in five days that it has happened. During my stay, it happened to me once, and twice to a co-worker. I also heard several other people state their keys weren't working--so there was definitely something going on with their key system that made for some inconveniences with guests.

My room was very clean with the exception of cigarette butts on the balcony from a previous guest. Housekeeping shouldn't assume that no one would leave trash on the balcony. The wind was blowing very hard, so I am not sure how they didn't blow away, but seeing them detracted from the overall clean appearance.

One night I woke early and decided to use the exercise facility. The on-duty desk person told me they don't open the room until 6am. I have been in many hotels where there are people working out at 4am because they need to be showered, and have eaten and out the door by 7:30am. I thought this policy was ridiculous. In all fairness, there was a door to the pool from the fitness room, but couldn't they just lock that door and let guests use the fitness room around the clock? In any event, I went jogging outside and returned at 6:15am and the room was still locked--so I don't know what their actual policy is for that room. If you work out in the mornings, don't assume you can do that here.

The next morning I decided to do some work (via internet) and found the wi-fi was down. I went to the front desk and the rep told me that she about the problem and the 'tech guys' would have to reset it (their router, I assume). Knowing I could use my mobile phone, I did have 3-bars of service on the 16th floor using a Samsung Note with Sprint--however, my co-worker had no service on the 15th flood with an iPhone using AT&T (just an FYI).

Overall, the property was very clean and all personnel I encountered were very courteous and respectful. It was conveniently located for my business trip and I probably would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Japheaux,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. It is a delight to read you found the rooms clean and our personnel courteous and respectful. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please be assured that the feedback we receive will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your time and for staying with us.

Connie D