“Business trip”

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Georgetown, Texas
“Business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Excellent check in process. Clerk gave us $24.00 in coupons to Joe's Crab Shack since I had three rooms. Everyone was friendly, smiling, and helpful. Only problem towels were in short supply and had to call twice for them. They were always warm so I guess they were having a run on towels this weekend. Also could not get a cart myself to bring all my stuff down in one trip with out having to have a bell hop and didn't have time to wait. Would stay again. Desk staff was always great and knew their jobs well. Saltwater pool was nice. Dry sauna worked well. Very service driven. Yes stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We should have our towel issue resolved and just received a large shipment over the weekend. We are also in the process of purchasing smaller carts for guest so that we always have something available to them.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here two nights in June while attending a conference a couple of blocks away. I stayed here due to my IHG loyalty program. If I was by myself and needed to be downtown, I would possibly go ahead and stay here again. But, I would not bring my family here.

Customer service at the front desk was excellent! Friendly staff at check-in.

The doors to the balconies are locked - what's up with this? If they are afraid of jumpers or A/C being wasted, why isn't the Omni that is two blocks away. Some hotels like this have a system that cuts off the A/C if the balcony door stays open longer than a certain period of time. I could only imagine the disappointment that would have been on my kids' faces if they had been with me, but not able to go out onto the balcony to look at Corpus Christi Bay, watch sunrise, or see the ships and barges going in and out of the ship channel.

The rooms are average sized for a hotel of this age - dating back 30 years or more. I have stayed here a few times over the past 20 years or so, as it has changed names (Sheraton, Omni, now Holiday Inn). It is not improving as time goes on.

Internet in rooms was spotty, especially at the end of the corridor where my room was.

The room was somewhat dark, with limited lighting. But, everything worked well.

The location is very good - walking distance to several restaurants, special events center, and the seawall.

Just a heads-up - parking is $10 per day in an adjacent garage.

If you are looking for a fun, hotel overlooking the bay, look elsewhere, at least until they unlock the balcony doors.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear toomuchtravel ,

Thank you for writing a comprehensive review following your recent stay. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. On the other hand, it is regrettable that the internet connection, room lighting, and balcony issues were a let down during your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience these aspects have caused.

As a valued IHG Rewards Club member, please be assured that your concerns will be discussed with the respective departments and we will certainly take action to improve the quality and services we offer. We look forward to an opportunity in serving you better when you return to Corpus Christi.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The front desk staff was rude. I put stuff in the room and went for more. I was only gone long enough to ride the elevator 4 floors grab stuff from my premium in front of the door parking space. A maintenance man was in the room claiming to change a light bulb, but I clearly interrupted him going through my bag. The second day something was stolen from my room while I was in a conference.

1 Thank Newsyone
Dear Newsyone,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel. I appreciate that you brought this concern to us. Please be assured that we have taken your feedback into serious account as we would like to follow up on your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Longview
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

When I pulled up to the hotel, I was positive that this would be a good place to stay considering the outside and lobby area were nice. However, I was wrong. After the first night, I cancelled the reservation for the remainder of the week and went to another hotel. Paying $10-$15 for parking after paying $250 for a room is ridiculous. Actually paying $250 for a room at this establishment is appalling. The air conditioner leaks onto the carpet which I'm assuming means there is a nice mold infestation. There is not a refrigerator or microwave which is extremely inconvenient considering I always have leftovers. To make up for it, the hotel does provide an extremely overpriced menu and room service the requires a $2 delivery charge and 18% gratuity in addition to tax. The rooms are tiny which has me perplexed as to why it was so dirty. The staff is rude and extremely unfriendly. An employee almost trampled my toddler because she was too busy gossiping to her coworker. Never got an apology, in fact, they started laughing and kept walking.This is by far the worst hotel I've had to stay in and you couldn't pay me to go back to this dump. The look of the outside was, most definitely, deceiving.

4 Thank kdhh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear kdhh,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Floresville, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is dirty. Do not fall for the "we are under construction"excuse. I mean their rooms are dirty. Mine was gross. I stayed on the 20th floor, which the front desk bragged was "remodeled." The bathroom was dirty, with water on the counter, mildew all over the tb surround, and hair in the drain. I misplaced my phone at one point and had to search the room. I found many gross objects under bed edges and under desk. The staff is rude and the hotel allows some very foul-mouthed locals to hang out in the bar. I was harassed rtrying to watch a spurs game in the bar because our rooms did not carry that channel. The bartender did nothing to help me. Do not stay here. I did not see the pool or restaurant, but I was with a large group that had bad experiences in those areas as well.

Room Tip: Other hotels in the area have better views. These are limited. Also they have locked their doors an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mepenny
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear mepenny ,

Ben J
Little Elm
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This is the worse hotel, I ever stayed. Came to have fun on a extended family trip. Rooms weren't assigned correctly. The rooms are dirty. There are stains on the carpet and sheets. The bathrooms are dirty and not cleaned of serviced. Tile has mole. AC units drip. Lamp shade had mole as well.

I moved to another hotel and to top it off they charged my hotel, I will be contacting corporate on this. Runaway from this place as fast as you can.

2 Thank Tlsmith3
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Tlsmith3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at several Holiday Inns Express´s before but this is the first time in a long time I've stayed at a plain ol' Holiday Inn and I must say I was disappointed. It was clean and the staff was friendly but it lacks anything to set it apart. One of the first things you notice in your room is that your balcony door doesn't open anymore. This was done for your safety and comfort at least according to the sticker on the door. There was no continental breakfast but there was a breakfast buffet for $15 dollars, which I rid not avail myself of. The AC vent in my room started to have condensation form on and drip onto the carpet.
To enter the parking garage yout have to pass through the front entrance where everyone is dropping their cars off for valet parking. It wouldn't be that bad if they also didn't park their van there. Which ends up blocking the outside lane. So you ensure up waiting 5-10min just to park your own car.
All and all if you're looking for a place that's clean and you're staying for a single night, this place will work. But if you're looking for a place that has a few more ammenities, keep looking.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travis K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Travis K,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad to know that you found our staff commendable. On the other hand, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the room condition, particularly the air condition system may have caused you. Along with this concern, I have noted your feedback on the difficulties you encountered with the onsite parking. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,