“Nice hotel at reasonable rate and good location ”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nice hotel at reasonable rate and good location ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference and found it clean and well maintained. Great location on the marina at a better price than you would typically expect for waterside property. Staff efficient and pleasant though daily parking rates of $10 daily were high.

Stayed August 2014
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay. We trust that you enjoyed your visit and found our location accommodating. We hope that you are able to return in the future for a leisure stay on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located at the Marina so you are across the beautiful boulevard to the ocean and restaurants, bars. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet had a little Mexican flare that was delicious. Lovely pool with great view. Rooms has great views, were a little older and lacked amenities but comfortable bed and exactly what we were looking for. $10 for parking. Slow elevators and wait at high traffic times. Great for families and weekend fun!

Stayed August 2014
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and our breakfast buffet. I hope that you return in the future to see our many changes that we have planned.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel has changed names and was previously the Omni Marina. From what I can tell, it seems the same. When my co-workers and I arrived, it was a busy Saturday with a wedding going on that weekend as well. There was a long line, and the check-in process was moving at a snail's pace until a young gentleman named David Moreno stepped up and helped us. He was quick, answered all of our questions, and was even able to aquire a refrigerator for one of my co-workers and myself. After I got to my room, no more than 15 minutes later, a gentleman showed up at my door with a refrigerator. I appreciated this extra service, even though they were clearly busy with all the weekend events. The rooms are decently clean, though my a/c unit dripped water the whole time I was there. As I assumed they all did this, I did not call it in. The location is amazing, right on the sea wall. The sad part is that the balcony rooms have closed off balconies, and one can not access them through the room. I'm sure liability is the reason for that, though a plaque says it is for room maintenance/cleanliness reasons. You are in walking distance to the beach, Water St., Brewster Street, the museums/water park, baseball field, and the historical area, if you are up to it. The gym is mediocre, and a run on the seawall is preferable, but I was trying to stay out of the sun in mid-afternoon. When I stayed on 7/26/14 with work, I found the treadmills covered with Coke, from a previous inconsiderate guest or kid playing around. I was able to locate an employee who seemed to be a supervisor, and I informed him of the condition. He called someone to come clean them off, and a woman and trainee appeared shortly thereafter to clean them off. The fitness room does have free weights, but there are none under 25 lbs., so nopt really helpful to me as I use lighter weights. There are weight machines as well. There are no mats, and the hard wood floor makes it hard to do crunches/floor work. Also, the a/c does not function well. While I was in there for an hour and twenty minutes, the thermostat read 60 degrees, but it was no less than 78/79 degrees. This is probably due to the fact that it overlooks and is connected to the pool area which opens to the outside. The pool looks nice, but as it was a super-crowded Saturday, I chose not to use it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank your for recent stay and see that you received your refrigerator as requested. We are addressing the dripping A/C issue and should have this resolved shortly with a new piece of equipment being installed on the room of the building. The views here are amazing and I do apologize for the balcony door being locked but we do, do this in an effort to keep the room comfortable to help battle the humidity the coastal mildew. I will address the treadmills with housekeeping to make sure they are making their rounds in this area. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was so dirty it's hard to look at the positives. The hallway on the 14th floor was still littered with the same trash on our last morning there as the first day we checked in. Our room was a little cleaner but there was trash from the previous occupants and the tables didn't appear to be cleaned. Housekeeping didn't show up our second day there. The elevators were dirty as well. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kirk L
I am addressing these issue with our housekeeping department and I am disappointed to hear of your recent experience. I hope you do return to our hotel as we continue to make improvements to our product.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I arrived early in Corpus and was interested in touring the Lexington aircraft carrier. I inquired about transportation and was notified that it was against their policy to give transportation to that area. Ashley Sauceda, the front desk worker, was very helpful as well as the management in accommodating my needs. They worked out the problem and got me to and from the Lexington at no cost to me. They were very helpful genuinely concerned about helping me.

1 Thank Nick P
I am glad that we were able to accommodate your needs in getting around the area. We do try our best to allow guests to experience the downtown area and the citys attractions. We look forward to your return.
Leander, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Common areas are updated and clean but when we stepped off the elevator on 12th floor, the mold smell hit us like a brick wall! The hallway carpeting was dirty and never vacuumed the FOUR days we stayed there. See picture. Some of that trash was as big as my thumbnail! The toilet was filthy under the rim and the bathtub tile was yukky! I used a washcloth on the bathtub and that mold actually came off. Very POOR housekeeping! I understand they are in the middle of renovation but that doesn't excuse the horrible housekeeping. I've stayed in cheap motels that were far superior to this. The parking garage is poorly lit and extremely tight. I would not stay here again.

3 Thank MrsBoss1
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I apologize that you ended up on the 12th floor as we have yet to renovate this floor with the rooms. I have addressed the cleanliness with our housekeeping staff. We also are looking at an updated lighting package for the garage as part of the renovation and hope to have this upgraded soon. There is not much we can do about the garage being tight as this was how it was built in 1984, but I do hope that you return to see our improvements that we are making daily.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Over all I had a good stay at the Holiday inn, good service and conveniently located just in front of la Marina.... they have some problems to adapt to the needs of today customers though... for example... when I tried to connect my laptop I could not find any place to plug it.... so upsetting... and when I finally unplug the TV... to be able to plug my laptop... the Wi-Fi was terrible.... but other than that I have a good stay...

1 Thank Gustavoadolfo
Ross R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay. We are looking in to how we can add more outlets in the rooms and looking into installing lamps with the additional outlet option. Thank you for alerting us into the WIFI issue as we are communicating this feedback to our WIFI provider.

We look forward to your return.