“Disappointing for a Hilton property”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Disappointing for a Hilton property”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very difficult access. Only a single driveway into the property is a narrow easement across a property that is for sale and coming across an IHOP parking lot. If you miss it you will drive about two miles to get back around to the one-way frontage road and have a second shot. The drive is so narrow I had to jump a curb to avoid the garbage truck that wouldn't give right of way. Parking is also limited forcing some to park in the cinema lot behind and walk to the hotel. Room was acceptable and staff were friendly but they must have been understaffed because the common areas were in terrible condition. Elevator carpet was very badly soiled and was not vacuumed over the four days I stayed (peanut shells in one never moved). Hallways not much better. I walked past the same scrap of orange paper for three days. On the fourth it was finally gone. The free Breakfast and dinner was more in line with a Drury Inn than a Hilton property.

Room Tip: There is little that could be said. The room was fine and I suspect they all were.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
HomewoodCC, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I am truly sorry about your experience here with us at the Homewood Suites. We truly strive to make sure that we provide exceptional service and cleanliness. I will definitely address these issues with our housekeeping staff. In regards to having a hard time entering/exiting the property, we currently are working with upper management on getting the approval for another entrance/exit. We know this can be a problem at times, and we promise we are doing our best to rectify the situation. We hope you will give us a second chance in trying to earn your business. Thank you!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Allen, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The staff was great and attentive. Our room was up to date and very, very clean. Everything worked and even the pull out bed was comfortable. Our boys usually hate sleeping on pull out beds, but this time they did not.

The breakfasts were great and we liked the "Texas" waffle makers. The hotel is right near two highways and that makes it easy to get around. Walmart is close by for anything you forgot. Internet was fast even with two laptops and a Kindle using up bandwidth. The kids really liked the pool and the basketball court.

I read the other reviews about some of the unfortunate experiences other had here. We did not have those same experiences. We came down for the 4th of July weekend, and even though the hotel was fully booked, Mr. Bedik, the GM, and his staff pulled it off flawlessly. Scott and Adriana were very hospitable. Our room 208 was quiet and overlooked the pool. We had a palm tree outside, but did not hear much noise from the pool or our neighbors, even though they had a dog.

Overall, everything you want in a Homewood Suites. I am a HHonors Diamond member and I stay in a lot of hotels, and this was one our best experiences.

Room Tip: 208 is a very nice room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi John,

Thank you so much for the A+ rating while staying here at the Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Thank you!

Austin, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The coziness of this property is heavenly. I highly recommend it. At the end of my stay in this property last year, the hotel manager sent me a personalized thank you note for choosing the Hotel. It was so well written that I kept it. I referred back to it to get the Hotel information and called them for my second stay this week. The staff are courteous, ever ready to help.

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your stay here at the Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Magnolia, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Was disappointed when I arrived late in the afternoon (5p) only to not have a room available. I was asked to wait in the lobby until they could get a room ready. The managers reception consisted of hot dogs and a salad that looked several days old. The breakfast was ok, though why people mix pineapples with other fruits still amazes me, since it ruins the other food so quickly. I was concerned with safety here for the first time

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am truly sorry that your room was not ready upon our normal check-in time of 4 PM. I will definitely address this issue with our housekeeping staff. In regards to the dinner, we truly strive to make sure we have quality food, and I promise I will bring this to the food and beverage department. As far as safety, we are one of the only extended stay properties who actually have a security patrol officer monitoring the parking lot at night. We just put this into place last year and it has done wonders. I am sorry you didn't feel secure while staying here at our property. I hope you will give us a second chance for us to earn your business back. Thank you for letting us know about these issues.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife, son and I checked on the 14th of June 2014, room 227 . From the minute we arrived the experience was nothing short of outstanding. I won't mention any names simply because the entire staff was great. To single out one would be a dis-service to others. Now I'm not a traveling critic of hotels but I have certain things that I look for when I stay. The suite we had was exactly what was needed to come back to after a day of running the islands and being out an about. Clean, quiet, comfortable, spacious with a great bathroom. Nice point to make here,... My wife likes a showerhead that provides good water flow but does not drive you to the tub floor under stinging pressure. This Homewood nailed it. This little attention to detail is huge and shouldn't go unnoticed.
One mark of good hotel (and this can be high dollar or a budget inn type) is the overall treatment of the guest by the staff. This staff is very well trained. That is tip of the hat to the managerial staff. They ask it and hold their staff and themselves to it a standard.
That being said, I also believe that you get what you give,... so let me get this off my chest. There is a certain behavior that I think all guests should exhibit when staying. First off remember that you a "guest". You're not royalty passing through and the staff is not there to be your personal servants. Be polite. Acknowledge good service when you get it. Because you are a guest, there are other guest as well. When at a hotel,... don't dress the way you wander around your home when your hotel provides full hot breakfasts and managers reception dinner, dress and act accordingly. If your dropping over a $100 a night for lodging (this ain't the Motel 6 or Super 8), then dress like you have a some reasonable measure of self respect and pride. Same thing goes for your kids. Clean them, dress them and monitor them. You can't pick the people that stay with you in hotels but I sure wish I could!!
The Corpus Homewood is a very clean, upscale in feel and appearance and well operated location. A good measure for me is the house cleaning staff. Everyone you see will greet you in English. Smiling and asking if everything is good with your stay. The staff that operates the dining for both breakfast and reception was friendly and attentive. The manager would speak to every guest at the receptions and ensure that your were satisfied with stay. Located away for the Padre Island ( on the far west side of SPID ) it may not be your ideal spot, but it was nice to come away from the higher winds that the Gulf throws at you and wind down in the clean pool while having complementary wine. If you are seeking a stay that is reasonable (why pay for the island hotel fees when you are 10-20 minutes for Ocean Drive, Harbor Bridge, Mustang Island, Lexington, all of downtown, the massive dining corridor of SPID and Padre Island itself. This was a very nice way to arrive in Corpus after a long drive from Colorado. I will certainly come back to this hotel when we return and will definitely try others Homewoods in our travels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom G
Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for the A+ rating! We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Hitchcock, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

On top of the ripped and dirty couch and chairs, the grass area to walk the pets was nasty. There was grass burrs that everytime my dog went to potty (3 times a day) he got them all over him. There was also used condoms on the grass near the garbage cans!! That was disgusting and so unsanitary, hire a maintenance guy to keep it clean!!

Hi John,

Thank you for taking your time to let us know how your experience was staying with us. I truly apologize about the wear and tear on the couches, etc. We are in the process of trying to get a renovation and hope to have this soon. We are an older property (2004), but in very good condition given our age. In regards to the not so friendly outdoors for your pet, we will get with our landscaping company to address this issue. We also have hired a full-time maintenace person to help with our public areas. Thank you for letting us know about these issues. We hope you will come again and visit us soon.

East Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My family stays in Homewood when we can because they have big suites, good pools and family meals. This Homewood is a tad older. The pool shows some wear but is a nice open area where most of the rooms can view the pool. It also has a half court basketball court. I have only a few words about this Homewood. The couch arms need some covers or more frequent cleaning and we were a little let down on the dinners this time (skimped on extras like no tortillas on fajitas night). Overall I would stay here again. The staff were friendly and quick to clean our room. The rooms big and comfy.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TinLizzieTraveler
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay with us. We are in the process of trying to get an approval for a renovation. We are an older property (2004 built), but actually in great condition given our age. We hopefully will get a renovation soon. As far as the dinner, I will definitely get with my food and beverage team and address this issue. Thank you for letting us know. I hope you will come back and visit us soon.