“great family hotel”

Ranked #24 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Waco, United States
“great family hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We are a family of four and we wanted the feel of a condo. This hotel was perfect and the breakfast each morning had a large enough selection for everyone to be happy. The rooms were very clean and had plenty of space. All of the staff members were very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodCC, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi David,

Thank you so much for the A+ rating during your stay with us here at the Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've stayed here twice over the last month, and while it was ok for a night, it's not my favorite Homewood. The first stay I would have rated it a two, (and didn't want to go back, but it's the closest Homewood to the airport, so tried it again), while the next stay I would rate 3 1/2 with a late night checkin, so I'll average it out to a three.

I'm a frequent business traveler and stay at many different hotels, including Homewood's so I may be more,picky,than a leisure traveler, but I give a fair rating as based on comparison to similar type properties.

The hotel is a bit weathered and appears to be under-staffed in most areas. on my first stay, my one bedroom King room was not ready when I checked in at 6pm, and i was provided a downgraded studio queen instead. Normally rooms at Hilton properties are pre-booked for Diamond members, but in any event, all rooms should be ready by the scheduled checkin time, much less 6pm, baring extenuating circumstances, I.e. New Year's Eve, etc, major convention checkout etc.

The room was ok both times, although the sofa in both rooms was old and not modern-looking at all, rather just old looking. The elevator carpet was filthy with numerous spots, not the norm for,Hilton properties.

The entrance to this hotel is awkward, so,definitely pay attention when getting close to the hotel, as there is only one entrance that I saw, and it's quite easy to miss. If you miss it, like I did, thinking there would be a second entrance (there isn't), you are put on a service road for a mile or so, with no immediate turnaround, If this happens, go to,the traffic light and turn right and head back that way, making a series of rights turns, rather making what would seem like an apparent u-turn/left at the light, which will bring you back just short of the hotel requiring a go Around again.

On the plus side, the managers reception is from 6 to 8 pm, a welcome departure from most properties which ends at 7 or 7:30pm. The light dinner was nice, although it too was understaffed (although all employees were working very hard, could have used another staff member) there was a wait on food replintishment, utinsels, etc. Wine, Bud. Light draft, lemonade, tea, and water were plentiful.

The hotel, while an airport property is not right at the airport, though no hotels are. It's not real far, but it is a 10-15minute drive via freeway to get there, and you want to make sure you are heading in the correct direction when leaving the hotel (there's only one way, but you need to make a Uturn at the next light - my GPS said left, and I couldn't get over in The correct lane fast enough at the freeway entrance.

This is an ok property, and there were many families there, but it's not one of the nicer Homewood's I've stayed at for business. There are quite a few restaurants nearby as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I am truly sorry that you had a bad experience while staying with us. We do our best to make sure all of our rooms are ready at 4 PM check-in time. I will definitely address this issue with our housekeeping staff, as this is unacceptable. We are an older property (2004) and are currently waiting on approval to be renovated. We hope this happens soon! We also are working with upper management to get approval on another entrance/exit. We know this can be a problem and we are actively working on getting this resolved. In regards to being understaffed, I will bring this to the General Manager's attention as we want to make sure we are properly staffed to provide excellent service. Thank you so much for letting us know about these issues, and I promise to try my best to fix the problems. Thank you!

Houston, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you are expecting Hilton quality then you will be disappointed. The outsides grounds need work. The outside area needs paint and sprucing up. The outside area which is your first impression is sloppy and dirty. The elevator I got on has a filthy carpet and I mean really bad. So ugly and a turn off. I was embarrassed in front of my family. I felt like they were thinking a booked a cheap hotel.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us here at the Homewood Suites. We truly strive to make sure our guests are 100% satisfied, and I am very sorry you did not have a good experience with us. I will definitely address the outside grounds with our maintenance person, and discuss the cleanliness issues in the elevator with our housekeeping staff. We hope you will give us a second chance in earning your business. Thank you for letting us know about these issues.

Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Typical Homewood with Nice rooms. Nice meals. Nice everything. This one was hard to get to due to a confusing part of the highway. Either pass it up and make the round, or turn off before and make a u turn.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Family of four stayed in the Deluxe Queen Suite and kids were able to comfortably sleep on the sleeper sofa. They said it was very soft. Love the idea of a 'snack shop' that is open 24 hours for those late night snacks. Pool and Hot Tub are a bonus and like the idea of IHOP and Movie Theater next door.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on your stay with us here at the Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. It was centrally located to everything. There was even a walmart next door. The Suite had everything we needed in the kitchen. The only thing we had a problem with was the pillows. While many find the feather pillow comfortable they gave no support so if you need support bring your own pillows. Other then that the hotel was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Monica,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room was satisfactory but public areas were dirty and worn. Access by an oddly placed driveway is confusing and difficult and there is insufficient parking. Wifi signal is weak. Quality of the breakfast and evening food wasn't worth the time.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am truly sorry about your experience with us here at our property. I can assure you that we strive to make sure our guests are 100% happy with the service and cleanliness. I definitely will address the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping staff. We recently did hire a maintenance person to help with public areas so hopefully this will alleviate that problem. In regards to the not so convenient drive way, we are currently working with upper management to get another entrance/exit. We also make sure to provide quality food at our reception dinner. I will address this issue with our food and beverage department. I hope you will give us a second chance to earn your business back. Thank you for letting us know about these issues.