“most disgusting hotel experience i have ever had- dried blood stains on the sheets.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Inn

Regency Inn
Ranked #72 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have stayed at hotels all over the US and Canada, and I am definitely not a "whistle-blower," but this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The place is run-down, which doesn't bother me too much- the Regency Inn is surrounded by "nice" beachfront hotels, so I though "How bad can it be?" Ug....
Upon checking in, the owner informed us (my husband and I) that the room had two queen beds- he said that if we used both beds, we would get charged an extra seventeen dollars-that our $92/a night was only for the use of one bed. We though this was a bit odd, but we agreed. Sooooo-- we dropped off our stuff in our urine-odor suite, went for a little stroll and came back to our room. I noticed in the shower that there was hair all over, and the little hotel soap from the previous guest was still adorning the tub ledge. Ok, gross, but I can live with that. I emerged from the b-room to find my husband in bed already, I turned on the light to brush my teeth and stuff, and he started screaming and freaking out. THERE WERE BLOOD STAINS ALL OVER THE SHEETS!!! He hadn't noticed it, as he had crawled into bed to the glow of the crappy, finger-print covered television. I called the front desk, informing him of our little problem- his response was calmly, "Well, sleep in the other bed, there are two beds." Gross!!
I can handle the four screaming children running up and down the hall, I can handle the "live in" tenants that are hanging out drinking their Lonestars right outside our room until three. I can even handle the dirty band-aid on the floor beside the bed. (if I must :)) But blood stains on the sheets?-- Unacceptable- no matter how easygoing and adventurous the person.
We slept ON the other bed, covering ourselves with beach towels and sarongs- and in the morning went to have a little talk with the owner at checkout. He kept saying that they don't do their laundry there, so it wasn't his fault. I said it didn't matter who did the laundry, they were responsible for the sheets on the beds in their establishment. It was clear that the sheets had not been washed. He said that the sheets were clean, and we must have made the mess ourselves. And not only would we not be getting a partial refund, but he would call the cops if we didn't leave. (which I encouraged him to do).
Anyway, it was terrible. It is sad that people do not take any pride in their livelihoods. This hotel was disgusting. We are disputing the transaction on our card with our bank, and have reported the Regency Inn to the TX Dept. of Health, and the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully the state surveyors will pay them a visit soon. Anyway, take your hundred bucks, and go stay across the street at the Radisson- I understand it costs the same, and there is a pool, and I am willing to bet, clean sheets.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank katiemae80

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
san antonio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Outside looks a little run down. At 1st glance room looked ok. Bed was somewhat comfortable, but once we woke up and started our morning routine out came the BUGS. Im still hoping they were not bed bugs. They were not in our bed (from what I saw) but they were on the bathroom counter and on the tv cabinet. Not sure what they were but I can tell you I'm still worried we brought them home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank laura r

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Good location sorry motel. place is in bad shape should be condemd in the next 5 to 10 years. There prices suck the radisson charges the same but they were booked up. Will never stay again. Went during labor day. 100 bucks a night either this place or sleeping on the street.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank darksider210
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

it was clean, same value as seashell inn, knights inn, and budget inn But for almost 1/3 less the price! I stayed two days, I payed only $42! Everyother place tried to charge $77!!!! Sheesh! Also regency inn is right next to the ocean and in walking distance to all of corus christi's hotspots.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank mizmarie
san antonio tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

urine smell,dirty counter tops,very slow draining tub,half dead tv.a/c very good,clean sheets and towels.bring spray cleaner, freebreeze and disinfectant to this place.

Room Tip: to get the best room,go elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank graybeards
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

This is a family run place so its hard to leave a bad review. I would recommend this hotel with a few caveats. The location of this hotel is excellent and perhaps the only perk. We walked to the beach in 30 seconds; walked to the USS Lexington in 3 minutes, and walked to the Texas State Aquarium in 6 minutes; Blackbeard's is right next door. SO! No fighting or paying for parking!
The room was somewhat dirty in the corners and the bathroom was in disrepair. The towels were stained and in mostly poor condition. The worst part was the very dirty carpet that turned our feet brown and greasy.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank AmazonaWomona
TEXAS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

the hotel is nice but the view was great. my children had a blast. you could see the beach from the hotel. i would go back again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family