“On the beach with nice staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
El Constante Beachfront Condominiums
Ranked #41 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Lubbock, Texas
“On the beach with nice staff”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Had an excellent time and enjoyed the laid back feeling of the location and staff. The rooms are older but both we rented were well maintained and clean. It's not a resort and the dishes are old and mismatched but I would rather not pay extra for dishes.

We stayed in room 236 and 134. Both were advertised as pool-side and the receipt says pool-side but that only means it is in the pool-side building not that the room is actually open to the pool. No big deal we came for the ocean not the pool. (236 does not open to the pool, 134 does).

Now the ocean was excellent, the location is near a vehicle entrance to the beach and the staff helped us rent a beach shade and have it set up. It's just a short distance to a pier with fishing. A vehicle and beach toy rinsing area is provided at the hotel as are gas cooking grills. We spent most of our time on the beach but came back to rest and cook meals. It was a great trip.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank 6inaSuburban

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We just spent a weekend with the in-laws and kids and had an awesome time. We had a partial gulf view and stayed in rooms 117 and 118. The rooms were very clean and modern looking. Our bed was super comfortable. I have stayed in condos in the past and have been disappointed when you walk into a 1970's condo. I just hate that, but I can't say that for these rooms. El constante has to be the best location, it is near fishing pier, bait, beach is steps away and all the local restaurants are very close. The pool was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly.
The only recommendation i would have is the comfort of the sofa beds, a little thin on the mattresses but I guess thats what you can expect from sofa beds...But anyway, had a grand time and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank gsandra12
Lubbock
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 days, Friday-Saturday (mid April). We were extremely pleased with our stay. Staff was super friendly, I only remember one lady named Anita, but she was very nice. The room we had was a beach view, room 120, it was so clean and nicely decorated, everything was very clean and tidy, and they supplied us with everything we needed, which may be the norm for these places, but since we have never stayed in a condo before we thought this place was great! Loved the view, obviously an ocean view is better but it really didn't matter because we hardly stayed in our room. We will definately go back again, this may be our new tradition vacation!

Room Tip: Beach view room 120 is very nice, especially for couples, it is on the bottom so if you are a light...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank MrsGarza87
Schertz
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This place is the worst place I have ever encountered at the Texas coast! Rooms are dirty and the Manager and staff are the rudest bunch of idiots I have ever had to deal with! Just a word of warning - Find someplace else at all costs!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or money!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank seadub64

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Austin, TX
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We were three families traveling with teens and a couple young children. All the condos we had were in needs of updates. The appliances were at least 25+ years old, and the kitchens seemed like they had shopped for dishes at a garage sale. Everything of low quality, mismatched and worn. The towels and linens were the same story -- very low qualityand worn out.

The beds were not comfortable, they were obviously very old and worn out.

They don't provide the basics like several other condos in the area of similar class, such as paper towels, a hair dryer, shampoo, etc.

I really like the pool area, it's extremely clean and the pool heated in the winter. There is also a nice size hot tub, although it will snag your suit.

The location is excellent. It's a short walk down to the jetty where you can fish or hunt for shells, we also found several whole sand dollars there, which was a first for me. I have been coming to this beach for several times a year my whole life, and the first time I found them.

They do enforce the occupancy limits on their guests, so don't be expecting to put 10 people in a 2 bedroom. They can sleep 6 comfortably, although there's a charge if you have more than 4 per room.

So for what we paid, I felt like it was a good value, but I would not pay high season prices.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank tripcasey
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My family has been staying here for at least 23 years and we have never been disappointed. Yes, some condos are nicer than others. You do have to take what you can get. You can't beat the location or the price. I'd pay more for the view.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank five_wheelers
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We have just returned from a 2-night stay at El Constante Condominiums in Corpus Christi. We stayed in unit #224 which is a two-story, two bedroom, 2.5 bathroom condo.

Good - Location! You are literally on the beach. This alone is what you pay for with the Peak Summer Rate of $200/night. There is also a pool on site. The unit itself, as a whole, was relatively clean.

Bad - dirty dishes found in cabinet, no basic kitchen supplies such as towels, paper products or cleaning supplies provided. Also, there was no washer or dryer to wash sandy clothes and towels after a day at the beach. Bath towels provided were thin and scratchy. For what you pay per night, you would think you would at least have clean dishes and better amenities.

Ugly - all A/C vents in the unit (both upstairs and downstairs) were absolutely filthy with mold & mildew present on them. I literally felt ill after spending long amounts of time indoors.

Overall, it met our basic needs of being on the beach and having a place to sleep, shower and prepare meals. IF I return I will know to pack my own kitchen supplies and cleaning products. Also, I will definitely look into renting a unit that has a clean ventilation system with no mold/mildew present. I will probably give El Constante another try in the future during the off season to take advantage of the lower rates (considering it hot in Texas until at least October)

Room Tip: Bring kitchen basic kitchen supplies and cleaning products
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family