“Awesome visit!”

Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
New Braunfels, Texas
“Awesome visit!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

No hotel is perfect however, ambiance is beautiful, new hotel, wonderful staff! We asked for good seafood resteraunt first night and were not disappointed. 2nd night we inquired for Italian and Franks spaghetti house was suggested. Fantastic! I travel around U.S. Weekly and this hotel was above par. Highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
vishal6880, Manager at SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad you had a great time while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
stratford upon avon
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

A lot of what the first revues said are true the room is small and that the shower door needed adjusting as it was difficult to open, however this is to be expected with a brand new hotel an teething problems. I was offered another room but we stayed as we had unpacked.
Although we had a coffee machine in our room the people who clean the rooms did not leave any coffee, but when I went down to reception they gave me a few packets, however the next day again no coffee, and I noticed that there were some crumbs under the office seat, so obviously it had not been vacuumed.
Breakfast was ok but I have had better.
If I returned to Corpus Christi I would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your stay in Corpus Chrsiti. I have reviewed your concerns with the staff. I have made sure that the staff realizes the important small things that our guests need. I am happy to hear you would stay with us again! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2014

First, the good: This property just opened, so everything is clean and new. The location on SPID is great, near many restaurants. The staff is polite and helpful. The bed is very comfy and the staff did a good job cleaning our room each day.

Now, the bad: The room is SMALL and very cramped. Marriott has squeezed in a small living area, a desk with a glass wall that separates the living from the sleeping areas, and a bar area with a fridge and microwave, all in a room that was small to begin with. This leaves about 2 1/2 feet of walkway between the edge of the bed and the bathroom wall. My husband and I were tripping over each other all weekend.

The room is so small that the closet door can only be opened halfway as it is blocked by the bed.

The water coming out of the faucets is the softest I have ever experienced. We couldn't get the shampoo out of our hair or the soap off of our hands.

The AC unit is one of those behemoths that sits on the floor underneath the window and makes a lot of noise when it comes on. Worse, the unit sits about three feet from the edge of the bed so whoever sleeps on that side of the bed has to endure the blasts of air coming out of the unit. There is no way to redirect the unit's vents so the only way to avoid freezing is to turn off the unit.

There is no full length mirror in the room, nor a makeup mirror.

In fact, the only mirror is a 2 ft by 2 ft mirror above the bathroom sink. Forget about two persons dressing at once in front of the mirror - only room for one at a time.

The bathroom is also cramped. My husband, shaving over the sink, had to move in order for me to enter and exit the shower.

The soap dish in the shower is tiny - can barely accommodate that tiny hotel soap bar. No room for storing shampoo or conditioner or anything else. Either have to carry them into the shower with you or place them on the floor of the shower.

There's no safe in the room.

The vessel sink in the bathroom is pretty and would work great in a powder room but is impractical for a hotel room where two or more people are trying to get dressed at once.

The rooms are not sound-proofed very well. We could hear other guests on the phone several rooms away.

The free breakfast was minimal, with mostly cold items and some warm items (eggs, bacon) that were cold when we tried them one morning. Everything is served on tiny paper plates and small paper cups with flimsy plastic utensils.

Finally, the Ugly: We won't stay here again. The Embassy Suites next door has large rooms, better sound-proofing, and a great breakfast served on real plates with real flatware for about the same price so we'll stick with them on our next trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lola V
Thank you for staying with us. I have forwarded your comments on to ownership and Marriott.