“Spacious rooms with contemporary styling”

SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Texas
“Spacious rooms with contemporary styling”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff in a good location. Rooms are designed in a contemporary style and very spacious for a studio suite. Breakfast was good and they even have a small bar on site to have a refreshment, relax and unwind after a busy day.
Plenty of restaurants around and would recommend if staying in the Corpus Christi area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
vishal6880, Manager at SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to taking care of you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this property on a last minute whim to go to the beach. Piled the family into the car and headed South from Dallas to Corpus on a recent Saturday morning. The front desk staff was very pleasant to deal with and we also enjoyed the company of bartender Eric in the evening. The property was a typical Springhill...always a good value for family stays in that they offer breakfast and plenty of room. Speaking of breakfast, the lady working the breakfast area was also super nice and a pleasure to talk to while dining. Our only issue was that the cable/sat TV was out during our stay. I did speak to the Manager (Lori) about this and she advised it was only out the Sat evening we were there and that it was back on later that night or early Sun morning. I had my two sons and my sister's two sons with me. Not having TV was a significant concern. That said, Lori was very gracious in dealing with the matter. Nice hotel with excellent staff. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
vishal6880, Manager at SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us! I will share your comments with our staff and hope to see you the next time you are in town.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

They charged 66.30 and 10.00 to my card after checkout and said it was for incidental holds in case messed up something. The also gave us a 50 dollar credit because our room was not cleaned in several days but was told it would take 7-10 days to enter our account. that's over 100.00 in holds and credits. On check out was told breakfast was til 10.00 and arrived at 9:25 to be told breakfast over. coulda slept a few more minutes. last visit!

Room Tip: Check the fine print and ask about the holds
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reginald H
thank you for your recent stay at the Springhill Suites I am sorry that your stay was less than excellent. I just want to be clear that when you place a do not disturb sign on your door that you understand that you would not receive service for that day. When I spoke with you and your wife on Saturday(your first day of service) I explained this to you. For your inconvience I gave you a 50 credit. I personally was in the room for your stayover service on both Saturday and Sunday. You booked your rate on advance purchase rate which is why you were charged everything up front and will take time for the credit, which you saw on your bill, to be credited to your account. As far as the other 66 dollars was a authorizational hold only for incidentials. I am sorry that your credit card company hasnt issued that credit back to your account as of today. Our breakfast hours are Monday through Friday 6am to 9am and Saturday and Sunday are from 7am to 10am. Again, I am sorry that you were disappointed during your recent stay.

Lori Edwards
omaha
Reviewed 2 August 2014

New hotels are nice. I only have a couple of gripes with this one. One being as close to the highway as this hotel is you can hear a fair amount of road noise from loud trucks or screaming motorcycles late at night or early morning. I can only assume the sound was entering through what I thought might have been otherwise thin/cheap windows. My other gripe is, you know how doors have those hydraulically things at the top to prevent them from slamming loudly. Well I wish whoever installed them would have put some more time into them to get them to work properly. As not only my door, but any one of the rooms around mine, I could easily tell when someone came or went when the door(s) slammed loudly. This was the case for room doors, stairwell doors and exterior exit doors as well. I couldn't hear them from my room, but they did slam loudly when let go. Perhaps after reading this review they will have their maintenance man get the screwdriver out and, well do some maintenance to get these things to functions as intended. Beside my gripes, the airconditioning was ICE cold so that was a plus. And the room was nice, and fast elevators compared to some. And I don't think I've seen as many security cameras in any other hotel I've stayed at. So big brother is watching, just remember that. And the free breakfast was good too. All in all I'd say stay here.

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms more towards the south end are quieter from the street noise, but perhaps only slightl...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
vishal6880, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We strive to ensure 100% satisfaction during your stay. if you would like to reach out to me personally and discuss in further detail your stay I would be more than happy to speak with you. Feel free to contact through the hotel or at lori.l.edwards@marriott.com.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I was expecting this place to be very nice & clean & feeling new since it just opened in February. Not so much.

The front desk staff & the ladies in charge of breakfast were very nice & very helpful. The housekeeping staff is not quite so helpful. The one for our floor was terrible. She didn't clean well (honestly I think she just did the cosmetic things & only cleaned where there was a mess or dirt). She kept her cart in front of our door while she vacuumed the whole hallway. She didn't move or stop vacuuming when people would get off the elevator (super annoying). I think that's all for the staff. Again, front desk staff was awesome.

The lobby is nice & bright. There is a lot of seating, but it is difficult to move around in the center area as the tables & chairs are packed in there & it is almost impossible to walk around at breakfast. There were several tvs, which was nice since the World Cup was on during our stay. The lobby was kept clean even with so many people in & out (we were part of the previous reviewers "girls sports teams" comment).

The flow of the lobby for breakfast is not good. They have tried to pack a lot of seating & a lot of food in one area. If you want a waffle, be prepared to get there early or wait. There's a little nook that has the waffle maker in it. First of all, it's a bit clausterphobic when the line starts building up behind you or someone steps in there with you. Second, there should be TWO waffle makers. Everyone wants waffles, especially the kids. There were some families who would stay in the nook & come ouy with 5 or 6 waffles. Crazy! The coffee service is directly across from the buffet. What you end up with are two lines of people, one waiting for food, the other trying to get coffee & then the people just getting to breakfast trying to squeeze through those two lines because they're too lazy to walk around. The food was pretty good. The coffee is TERRIBLE! At first I thought it was tea. There is a bar around the corner in the lobby & I think they had happy hour, but we didn't check it out.

Our room was neat & appeared mostly clean. They air conditioner works WELL! Biggest problem with it is (at least in a double queen room) that it blows directly on the person who gets stuck sleeping on the bed by the unit. And it's one of those full length under the window units so your whole body gets it. My husband, who runs hot & was happy to sleep on there was thankful when I got up with the baby so he could move over. I do agree the tv is in a strange place. I see what they were trying to do (make it so the living room & bedroom could both see it, but it just simply doesn't work. There is a nice desk area with a comfortable chair & the couch is okay, but definantly won't stand the test of time in a hotel. We didn't pull the couch bed out so I don't know how comfortable it was or wasn't, but I'm sure it's about as cozy as an couch bed. (In reference to a previous comment on this matter, I've never stayed in a hotel where they come make your couch bed for you. Seriously?) Now, the bathroom. My pet peevein hotels. It's a very nice size & there's lots of light. However, I don't like that the sink is in with the toilet & shower. That means only one person at a time can get ready. The door to our bathroom didn't shut well & it's frosted glass & right between the foot of both beds so it light up the whole room when anyone goes in there. Our shower curtain had this HUGE pink stain on it &, the thing that grosses me out most, there was hair in the shower from the previous guests. I can't stand that! The walls are a bit thin, but no thinner than any other & the doors to the rooms SLAM shut & will bother anyone within an 8 on room radius. The beds & linens were cozy & there were plenty of soft pillows. The small microwave, fridge, & coffee pot were all clean.

Looked at the indoor pool & gym but didn't have time to use them. No, as previously stated, the stairwells aren't airconditioned. Again, I haven't stayed in a hotel like this where they are. Plus, I don't spend much time in them...just enough to get to/from the lobby. There is also a nice outdoor patio to relax & eat/sit on a drink.

This hotel is very convenient & easy to get to.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lockieam
vishal6880, Manager at SpringHill Suites Corpus Christi, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We try to make every effort to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. I have shared all of the concerns in your review with the staff and with ownership. We will evalutate what we can do better. Again, thank you for staying with us.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Beautiful lobby, but freezing and hallways are HOT. Great staff. Management, Lori Edwards in particular, was extremely attentive to my concerns. Breakfast was pretty good with lots of choices. Coffee available 24/7 in the lobby. Room is nice size and clean....didn't check out the pool. Good location, near Natatorium and restaurants. FREE parking. Now, here is the BAD STUFF. We have been here 3 days and they still don't have my last name spelled correctly. Housekeepers are only substandard, forgetting to remove trash, empty coffee cups, had to ask for more towels....there were only two towels for our party of four swimmers. Walls are really thin, keep that in mind! Bathroom is large, but shower has no safety bars and bottom of shower is VERY slippery and dangerous, nothing to grab on to if you slip! Internet is sketchy and frustrating, although FREE. Pull out couch is nice size, but very lumpy and uncomfortable. TV is in a very awkward position in the room, even though it swivels. Had to ask for extra blankets and make up our own couch/bed. Not that I am a "princess" but I really didn't expect to be making my own bed and paying almost $200 a night. All that being said, yes I would stay here again, basically because of the outstanding staff and room size, but I know what to expect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review and stay at our hotel. I enjoyed speaking with you about your concerns while you were here. I hope the girls had a great time at the swim meet! I have shared your concerns with the staff and ownership. I am very happy to see that you will stay with us again while in town, so I look forward to seeing you and your family again.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a reservation reserved 40 days before our stay. When we arrived our reservation was incorrect and it did not matter that I had a valid confirmation. The front desk staff would do absolutely nothing about it and were rude and unhelpful. Reluctantly, we took "the only room available" which was not what we reserved for 10 days which was a huge mistake!
Throughout our entire 10 day stay the AC in the gym did not work and we had to work out in 82 degrees. Every day I, along with many other unhappy guests, asked the staff when it would be fixed and no one cared, including the manger, Lori, who we spoke with. 10 days in Texas heat with no AC, in a new hotel, in a gym - completely unacceptable!!
Breakfast was a chaotic mess! Too many people, not enough food, never could they keep up with the theory of supply and demand. Don't plan on getting a breakfast.
The pool area floor was so gross! Hair and dirt all over! I'm not sure how long it had been since it was cleaned, very disgusting!
There was a coach roach in our room. The maintenance man disposed of it and said he would notify management. I followed up the following day, management (Lori) said she had not been notified and nothing was ever done.
Housekeeping was worthless. My daughter spilled pencil shavings on the carpet and in the bathroom on our second day, of 10, and they never cleaned it up! The floors never got cleaned in a 10 day stay. I guess after seeing the condition of the pool area floor this shouldn't surprise me, but again, disgusting!
The stair ways are not air conditioned and get very hot a humid. This is a defect of the design of the hotel, but be prepared.
I contacted Marriott rewards and they said they left messages for the hotel, but no one ever followed up with me. I thought it was a safe choice at this hotel because it was new and couldn't have issues, but I was way wrong. This was one of the biggest disappointments ever and I hope I can save others the extreme frustration and disappointment. There are other new hotels in the area, don't stay here!

Room Tip: Stay away from the main road, a lot of road noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us recently. I see your stay was less than perfect. I was very concerned with your housekeeping issues, and have personally addressed them with the staff. The ac in the exercise room was fixed right after your departure and I am very sorry that you were unable to use that area while here. I see all of your concerns and have shared them with the staff. Again, thank you for staying with us!