La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl.
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Devine, Texas, Usa
“Hotle stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Over all hotel was great. Staff was excellent. Enjoyed my stay and will be back and stay again in the future. Front desk showed excellent customer service. Kitchen staff were excellent and there to help if anything was needed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Edmando P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Decided to go down to Corpus Christi since I've never been before. Stayed here because it was close to the beach.

Now the beach isn't a Miami Beach, Florida with turquoise waters but it was pretty nice for what it was. Had a long pier that was cool to walk to the end of and get splashed by water...oh, word of advice, if you plan to do that, hold the rail because that concrete is very slippery.

Had to go to this gas station Stripes in order to get a parking pass for the beach that is good for a year.

But back to the hotel. Check in was pretty smooth. I'm a talker, so I like to ask a bunch of random questions like how is the weather here, do you get hurricanes, stuff like that. And the clerk answered / entertained me. She gave us maps to the city and which route to take in order to see the expensive beach front houses.

Room was very clean. I took picks and posted it for my Facebook and Instagram friends / followers.

They had a pool but it was kinda small but we spent our time at the beach. Oh, and when we got out the water, we were dirtier than we were before we got in it. Just a bunch of sea stuff. Oh, and fish were jumping out the water all around us.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty good and enough for everyone.

As far as restaurants, we went to some chicken place across the street and they were closing, I ordered like a 7pc chicken tender meal and they just went ahead and gave me all of them that they had, so I spent like $6 and came back to the room with about 30 pieces and 10 biscuits. Hahahaha. They also had a Sonic. But it wasn't much food right there in the area. It wasn't until we were leaving and passed the mall that I started seeing all the major restaurants.

I'd come back and stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charles E
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just have to say, the Staff at this hotel is truly top notch. ALL of them! I truly mean it, I knew none of them and they treated me as if they did.
First off, one reviewer wrote that there was a sticky note on the headboard. I just need to say-HELLO, those are in every room! They are something that Hampton did-they say the beding is clean. Had to comment on that-sorry.
We are used to Jersey beaches, so Texas beaches took a little time to get used to. We were going to splurge and stay on the beach in Corpus Christi, but after MUCH research, we realized that short of paying $500 a night, this just didn't really seem like it was going to happen! This hotel was the perfect location for us to get to the beach in 5 min and not break the bank. When I told the Ladies at the front desk how much some of the other places we were looking at were, they said you could rent a house in the area of the hotel for $1000 a week. That would definately be the way to go if you were staying that long. We were going to stay 2 nights but decided to only stay 1-this was perfect!
Rooms clean-what can be expected from a Hampton, which is why we choose them. Breakfast was also typical for Hampton.
Would recommend this place for the incredible staff and great location, when trying to see Corpus and keep money in your pocket.

1 Thank jkwa2robbins
Houston, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Unclean carpet in room, broken closet doors, mold/mildew outside of windows, unclean breakfast tables, POST IT note on headboard from housekeeping, used hotel stationery. The outside appearance of the hotel looked great from the street but upon entering the building you notice that the plants out front were dying. The building itself needed painting. The dining Room needed upgrading.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

3 Thank Nae W
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Mostly a good experience. Breakfast could have been better. juice was thick and the eggs were dry. overall a good stay. had the whirlpool room. no need for pool or hot tub. could hear the people above and next door in the wee hours.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sharon C
Weatherford, TX, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have stayed at many high-end hotels but I can honestly say I have never stayed at any hotel that smelled as clean as this one. Everything was very Clean and Fresh. Loved that the linens were all washed (including bedcover) everytime a new guest arrived! The beds were cozy and our room was HUGE (I think it was a suite). All in all a great place to stay at a reasonable price. Very close to Mustang Beach which was great too!

1 Thank Tamarah W
holden, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2013

awesome suite. very convenient location for beaches. great staff. very quite at night. better be ready to eat alot as the breakfast is great. the kids loved the pool area. the fish tank in the lobby is fun to look at. this is an excellent place to stay