La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl.
Ranked #35 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 9 January 2014

other than a issue with dook locks and keys...hampton was a good choice...always is...I was down for New Years eve date...and had forgotten that Hampton had a hotel on the island where my date lived. it was quiet, bed was good, breakfast awesome and the staff very helful

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The slightly higher price is worth it when staying away from home. This Hampton Inn is exceptional with exceptional staff. Check-in was quick and check-out was quicker. The rooms were exceptionally clean and my 3-year-old even commented, "I can smell the room. It smells good."

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

If you're looking for a great place to stay near the beach in Corpus Christi, without paying an outrageous price to be directly on the beach, stay at the Hampton on South Padre Island Drive. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic as well. If it's too cold to swim at the beach, you will love the indoor pool. A great place to take the whole family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at this particular Hampton Inn twice on our recent Texas trip. The gentleman at the front desk had a great suggestion for a reasonably priced seafood restaurant. The hotel was clean and quiet. When we lost my husband's ring, the woman at the desk was good enough to open the room a few days later and help me look for it. Then when I was hundreds of miles away I realized I had left my tablet charger plugged in. On our return trip, they had it saved in a drawer for me. I'm so grateful as the charger is unique and the tablet although only 1 1/2 years old, is no longer manufactured. I thank them so much for putting this aside for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EllenBread
hamptoncrppi, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Isl., responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your experience at our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel room very clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful

Deborah
361-949-9777

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked this hotel since they had an indoor pool for our daughter to swim. The staff was very nice. The hot breakfast was good and the room was nice and clean. It's close to the beach and several shops. We normally stay at the beach but would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurena A

Dear M Ginger:

We are very satisfied to know that you enjoyed your stay here at Hampton Inn, Corpus Christi / Padre Island. We would love to continue to be your host hotel your futhure stay in padre Island, Texas. Feel free to contact us to make future reservations for you anytime during the day or evening. We look forward to having you at our hotel in the future. We appreciate your kind words and thank you for staying with us.

Deborah
Hampton Inn / CRP / Padre Island

Reviewed 2 November 2013

1st Class service I am here on business and treated like a queen. I will always stay with Hampton / Hilton brands. The staff knows customer service and breakfast is great everyday.
I am just giving credit were its due.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ginger M
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I booked a room in this hotel pursuant to a business trip to the area. We thought that we could count on a Hampton facility. Unfortunately, upon entering the room, there was the scent of either an insecticide or industrial cleaner. it was not overwhelming, but it was a bit of a bother. The following morning, the breakfast, which featured, among other items, coffee, eggs, sausage, and French toast, was lukewarm to cold. The temperature of the food posed a danger. Items should be served hot. Also, who wants lukewarm coffee in the morning? The hotel seemed to have only a few guests. We asked if we could leave our items in the room until the following afternoon. The answer was "no".

I would not recommend this hotel. It could have been, with an ounce of effort, a first-class experience, but instead was a disappointing one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has not been recently "sprayed" with cleaner or insecticide and a room...