“Perfect!!!!”

Ranked #62 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Malakoff, TX
“Perfect!!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Terrific value!! Not fancy, but clean, well maintained, huge rooms, directly across from the beach. Only one minor problem - short on parking spaces but the church next door has a big parking lot. For the price, you cannot beat it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank highonpropane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Covina, Ca
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I my wife were attracted to the Travel Guide Magazine 's discount promotion.
The mom and pop owner are East Indian Ethnic who let their property deteriated substantially
noticeable both exterior and interior. It was sad that motel despite of closed to the beach but the
designed to sustains the hurricane is a great liability to business because all the rooms are starting from second floor. If you are senior and lots of suitcases to climbed up to your rooms is
quite cumbersome. Handicap accessible is out of the question since there is noi elevator.
The room is cramp and filthy as well as all the bath towels. The ideal car park is reserved for
The family not for the customer.

Even with the discount price is better to look for some other well known chain. During our Monday night stay there was a big boom brawl among heavy drinkers at the two rooms directly
above ours.

Room Tip: 1. Look for reputable chain. 2. If not familiar ask if you can see the room first.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Cotulla, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family and I went on a planned 3 day trip to Corpus. We stayed at another hotel for our planned trip. We decided to stay an extra night, but unfortunately the hotel we were staying at was full. We sadly packed our things and checked out. Most of the average priced hotels were booked. We just about gave up when we came across Budget Inn. It looked like a bad idea when we looked at it after staying at the nice hotel we were at. But looks sure can be deceiving at times. The staff was very sweet to us, the room was surprisingly clean, the pool was clean, the beds were very comfortable, breakfast was till 10am and they let us check in as soon as the room was ready at 2pm (whereas the fancy hotels, check in was at 4pm no exceptions). The lady at the front desk was so nice. I needed extra towels, sheets, to wash clothes pass the time the laundry room closed and the kids wanted to swim longer than the pool stayed open and they warmly said "yes" to it all. We plan to go back next week and will definitely stay there again! Another plus is that the beach is across the street, perfect.

Room Tip: ask to see a couple of rooms to see the one you like
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank familytravelers88
Kilgore, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Horrible Room... We had planned 4 night stay, dont know if we will make the night... 1 room smelled like Cat had peed/sprayed the room and then died. After a few months of rotting we were allowed to stay here. Oh So NASTY!! The other room smelled like a dumpster from behind a nasty chinese restaurant... Kind of like Rotting fish with a side of orange slices. Im telling you NASTY. After spending $45 at walmart buying towels, lysol, carpet deodrizer, febreeze max, sheet and covering stained pillow case with Tshirt I am trying to make the night as I write this. I am telling you if this place burned down it would be an improvement to the beach. I am thinking of sleeping in the car. Oh wait, the owner is playing loud music in the parking lot at midnight. Motel 6 tomorrow night I pray.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank jhjhjhjh
Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Not a bad place for the location and price. Room, bathroom clean, and room has small fridge and microwave. Room is larger than average. Tiny parking lot that fills up so you may have to park next door. Good location (across Shoreline Drive from the water).
Old rooms, but kind of funky 50's decor. Folks who run it hard to understand and very limited tech-wise (they could not split our bill two ways, had trouble getting credit card scanned, had to give us two different sets of keys when first keys did not work, and the lady would only tell us they had "closed the transaction" when we asked for a non-profit tax credit that we were entitled to).
I stayed two nights with a colleague, and he had to leave, meaning I would have to pay for third night on my own. Manager told me he would give me a special deal for the third night, but when I went back to ask about it, it was more than the two of us had paid for the first two nights, but the third night was a week-end night. (we paid $71 for first two nights, he wanted something like $89 for Friday....I found a nice Rodeway room a little further out for $54).
Still, it was a comfortable stay and I would go back.
Breakfast kind of sparse--cereal, pastries, coffee, really watered down juice, but it was free so no complaints there.
If you want to be near the water, it's probably worth a look.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank JoeSchlambe
texas
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We were planning a trip to Corpus for thed weekend of August 14th through the 16th. We had a total of 13 family members so we were looking to reserve at least three rooms. Unfortunately, we waited a bit too long to find a hotel so most of the major named hotel chains along the Corpus Christi Beach Shoreline were booked solid. When I stumbled across the Budget Inn, i thought i got lucky because they had enough rooms and rates were $99.99 per night. When i looked at the pictures i was fairly impressed because it appeared pretty nice and the location was absolutely great. So, to shorten my story, we check in early Friday. The rooms were ready on time regardless of the fact that there is only one over-worked maid. My room seemed okay as far as cleanlinesss was concerned and the two double beds were spacious enough for myself, my husband, my seven year old twin daughters, annd my seven year old neice. My fathers room had a repulsive smell. I sprayyed a whole bottle of Febreeze in it, but the smell could not be defeated. My son and two nephews stayed in this room and later spotted baby roaches in the bathroom. They were a bit creeped out and would not use the bathroom. Also, there were dhuge cigarette burns on one of the comforters. My mothers room seemed clean except for large spots on the carpet. I advised my two neices and daughter to wear their shoes at all times in this room. After hanging out at the beach, we returned and let the children swim in the pool. It waspretty clean, but the size was a lot smaller than the picture appeared online. We went upstaird to shower when my mom discovered roaches in the kitchen extension of her so called suite. We called the office and some guy, i hae no idea what his position was because he wore no uniform or name tag came up with a bottle of raid ad handed it to me. So, i sprayed crazily all over the room while the guy stood there. We hoped that it would take care of the problem. After having an awesome meal at Joe's Crab Shack, we returned to put our exhauted children to bed. Unfortunately, after turning out the lights, the kids started freaking out when they noticed some creepy crawlers on the walls! Once again, we called the office and here returnes the Raid boy t save the day. I pointlessly sprayed again, knowing that our problem would not be so easily resolved. I called the office to request another room, but the owner said he had none availible. There was no way they were staying in there, so we had to pack them into our other two rooms. It was not the most comfortable sleeping arrangement as yu could imagine. My escalating annoyance led me to call the office again to request a refund for the nighht and a guarantee of a new roachless room for the morning. I got nowhere with this guy until i got a little aggressive. Finally, he agreed he would take care of us in the morning. It was hard enough getting to sleep already because i was so aggrevated, but it was extremely dificult because it sounded like there was a parking lot party going on until around four in the morning. Also, i was extremely worried that my car might get towed because there was not enough parking in the hotel lot. We had to park across the street and then walk through the alley to get back to our room. I was so glad when morning came, hoping evrything would get better. The first dissapointment of the morning was the free continental breakfast. The choice was either corn flakes or fruit loops out of large canisters. Of course, these were generic versions of the cereal whic my kids thought were nasty. There were a few small chocolate donuts and some variety danishes. They did have juice, but it was not good. They had one gallon of milk and a pot of coffee. The entire breakfast was low budget and what was put out was all there was; it was never repleneshed. We ended up goint to H.E.B. to get something the kids would eat. The owner gave my mom another room that was further away from mine then i liked, and refunded 60 bucks for our disasterous night. Once again, we had a wonderful time at the beach until returning from dinner. We walked to our room and had condensaion drip on us from the above air conditioning units. Lots of fun! When entering my room, i noticed that it was ridiculously hot. The owner, regardless of the fact that the air blowing out was warm, said that it was working and the generator would kick on soon. Soon never happened! My self and my girls were sweating and miserable while my huisband played phone tag with the office. Finally, after, i was about to pack up and go home, the owner brings a new unit upstairs. His only help was his frail appearing wife, so my husband took over not able to bear the sight of this women struggling up the stairs with such a heavy item. After the instalation of this unit, the room cooled down in a little less then an hour. Once again, rest would not arrive because the parking lot party was in full swing with a barbecue pit fired up almost directly under our room and right next to my moms. Sleep came around four in the morning once again. I was actually excited to get up annd check out! While location was good, i would much rather sacrifice that then stay at this unpredictable, roach motel ever again!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank nicole_lilianne
texas
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I would never stay in this hotel again nor would i recommended to anyone. The room smelled horrible. The shower head is facing the shower curtain so all the water fell outside & the hot water did not work.It was an awful experiance
& the owners did not fix any problemsor change me rooms, they sprayed the room w/air freshner. 1ST & LAST TIME NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple