“Green pool”

Budget Inn
Ranked #60 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Pros...
A/c worked very well. Spacious room with microwave and mini fridge. Looks clean. Staff friendly.

Cons...
We called the night before we would be arriving and made the reservation. We got the confirmation number once our credit card was charged, and told the girl we would be in after 10.00pm the next night. We were assured everything was fine. Little did we know that with this place, you need to confirm even though you have a confirmation number. They had no room for us because we didn't call to confirm! Really!? It hadn't even been 24 hrs yet, and we already paid in advance, so they should have NEVER given our room to someone else! The manager arranged for us to stay somewhere else and said we would have to come back for the remainder of our stay. We looked forward to swimming in the pool, but it was filthy with trash floating and very green with algae. Disgusting! Being that it was Memorial Day, you would think they would have been prepared. Nope....disappointed kids:/
Oh, and the fridge didn't work. Last, the parking is horrible and not enough of it...

I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Dissapointed123456
There are newer reviews for Budget Inn

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed here last night when I woke up I found bug bug on my 1 year old !! and another On my bed !!! I would not stay here !! yes the views are good but not I have to pay to get my stuff cleaned we did get our money back but they tried to say it we our fault and the place is dirty and has bed bugs so stay away !!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ahome524
Reviewed 17 May 2013

as cheap as the rooms are? what do you expect? a 5 star hotel? I think not! BUT this is hotel is on a perfect location, has washers and driers, a pool, and basic cable. the ac works good and quick. it is kind of loud but what hotel A/C isn't? Ive stayed twice ,once in the biggest suite (b/c it was the only room left.. front desk manager gave it to me as a discount as well. $70 a night). the second time I stayed a a reg queen size bedroom with my bf for I believe the regular rate of I forgot the price.. it was clean both times.. no weird smells.. everything worked fine.. except the bathroom door lock didn't work the second time I stayed.. but who cares. the décor is a little outdated , floral gold and burgandy.... but no hotel décor really looks nice nowadays anyway..

they give complimentary breakfast (danishes, orange juice, coffee, cereal.. woo hoo *sarcastic*) which is better than nothing.. for the price of the hotel, its great. its not rundown.. its in a nice area.. right across the beach (walking distance)..

so unless youre expecting something fancy smancy , this hotel is great. its just a place to sleep and shower and relax. quiet. cheap. good location. bottom line. yes I would recommend and stay there again!

Room Tip: obviously if noise is a problem, ask for a top room so no one is above you walking around.. however...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kelsey b
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stay at this hotel when my father is in the hospital. Location is great. Beds & pillows are horrible like concrete. Always smells & if you are down stairs it's noisy from the floor above. Not the cleanest I've stayed in. The rates use to be cheap now they jacked the price up I probably won't stay there any more. They wouldn't give any discount for hospital stay. It's a great location still cheaper than other surrounding hotels. Just beware its not the Hilton. Went to lobby to get coffee twice they still wasn't up & it was 7:15 on a Monday that's when most business travelers are needing coffee.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LAURA M
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The room i stayed in smelled like smoked. The microwave was very dirty tub had a couple of hairs in it. Also to top it off the room had a rat in it. In my opion very expensive for the low quality they provide. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Jenn92111
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Terrific value!! Not fancy, but clean, well maintained, huge rooms, directly across from the beach. Only one minor problem - short on parking spaces but the church next door has a big parking lot. For the price, you cannot beat it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank highonpropane
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I my wife were attracted to the Travel Guide Magazine 's discount promotion.
The mom and pop owner are East Indian Ethnic who let their property deteriated substantially
noticeable both exterior and interior. It was sad that motel despite of closed to the beach but the
designed to sustains the hurricane is a great liability to business because all the rooms are starting from second floor. If you are senior and lots of suitcases to climbed up to your rooms is
quite cumbersome. Handicap accessible is out of the question since there is noi elevator.
The room is cramp and filthy as well as all the bath towels. The ideal car park is reserved for
The family not for the customer.

Even with the discount price is better to look for some other well known chain. During our Monday night stay there was a big boom brawl among heavy drinkers at the two rooms directly
above ours.

Room Tip: 1. Look for reputable chain. 2. If not familiar ask if you can see the room first.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family