“You get what you pay for.” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Budget Inn
Ranked #61 of 81 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

The rooms are old, Beds are not clean, we asked for a non smoking room and it smelled like smoke all over, there was a cigarette butt on the floor in back of the door.
The parking area is small. The pool Is small and looked dirty.
Never again. Like I said you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: A tip to get a better room, would be get another motel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
league city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked for July 5 -7 on July 3, last minute. Room was dated but clean. Had a dorm fridge, and a microwave. Location was great, could walk across ocean drive, and shoreline blvd to beach, from motel to water was about 150 yards. One day we parked at a parking lot near the beach, ( the spaces on the seawall fill up very quickly. The walk from the parking lot was just as far as the walk from the hotel. Ice machine is by pool. It was out, one afternoon, manager saw us trying to get ice, and she offered to let us use some from her apartment on site. This is a MOTEL. It is very good for the price, since the hotel is so close to beach. There are also some wooden and old picnic tables on a patio balcony that provides and excellent view of the beach and seawall. ONCE AGAIN, WE WALKED WITH ICE CHEST, CHAIRS, BEACH BAG FULL OF STUFF, AND FLOAT from motel. Pool was clean and enjoyable. However, you could tell it was built around the 70"s. It was all concrete around it. The only hotel I would recommend over this one is the Holiday Inn right on the beach. I bet it is much more expensive. The Holiday Inn is more like a resort with umbrellas, beach volleyball, and jet ski rides. If you have stayed at a MOTEL before, then you know what to expect. Friendly, prompt service, with all equipment working in a CLEAN environment. Yes, there was paint peeling on the stairwells outside, and some paint peeling on the exterior. Yes, we would have like to have four towels instead of two. Yes the trash can outside could have been emptied prior to it overflowing. For all of these reasons, I only gave it four stars. My 60 year old girlfriend like to camp. She has also stayed at hampton inn's, and la quinta's. She was comfortable with the motel, 90% because of its location. .Also, the parking lot is very small, and somewhat difficult to get in and out. However, if you arrive late ( after 8 pm) you can park in the church parking lot next door.

Room Tip: Hotel faces sideways to beach. Only room 201 has a view of beach from inside the room. We payed a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Pros...
A/c worked very well. Spacious room with microwave and mini fridge. Looks clean. Staff friendly.

Cons...
We called the night before we would be arriving and made the reservation. We got the confirmation number once our credit card was charged, and told the girl we would be in after 10.00pm the next night. We were assured everything was fine. Little did we know that with this place, you need to confirm even though you have a confirmation number. They had no room for us because we didn't call to confirm! Really!? It hadn't even been 24 hrs yet, and we already paid in advance, so they should have NEVER given our room to someone else! The manager arranged for us to stay somewhere else and said we would have to come back for the remainder of our stay. We looked forward to swimming in the pool, but it was filthy with trash floating and very green with algae. Disgusting! Being that it was Memorial Day, you would think they would have been prepared. Nope....disappointed kids:/
Oh, and the fridge didn't work. Last, the parking is horrible and not enough of it...

I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Dissapointed123456
Huffman, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed here last night when I woke up I found bug bug on my 1 year old !! and another On my bed !!! I would not stay here !! yes the views are good but not I have to pay to get my stuff cleaned we did get our money back but they tried to say it we our fault and the place is dirty and has bed bugs so stay away !!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ahome524

Travellers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

as cheap as the rooms are? what do you expect? a 5 star hotel? I think not! BUT this is hotel is on a perfect location, has washers and driers, a pool, and basic cable. the ac works good and quick. it is kind of loud but what hotel A/C isn't? Ive stayed twice ,once in the biggest suite (b/c it was the only room left.. front desk manager gave it to me as a discount as well. $70 a night). the second time I stayed a a reg queen size bedroom with my bf for I believe the regular rate of I forgot the price.. it was clean both times.. no weird smells.. everything worked fine.. except the bathroom door lock didn't work the second time I stayed.. but who cares. the décor is a little outdated , floral gold and burgandy.... but no hotel décor really looks nice nowadays anyway..

they give complimentary breakfast (danishes, orange juice, coffee, cereal.. woo hoo *sarcastic*) which is better than nothing.. for the price of the hotel, its great. its not rundown.. its in a nice area.. right across the beach (walking distance)..

so unless youre expecting something fancy smancy , this hotel is great. its just a place to sleep and shower and relax. quiet. cheap. good location. bottom line. yes I would recommend and stay there again!

Room Tip: obviously if noise is a problem, ask for a top room so no one is above you walking around.. however...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kelsey b
BRIDGEPORT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel when my father is in the hospital. Location is great. Beds & pillows are horrible like concrete. Always smells & if you are down stairs it's noisy from the floor above. Not the cleanest I've stayed in. The rates use to be cheap now they jacked the price up I probably won't stay there any more. They wouldn't give any discount for hospital stay. It's a great location still cheaper than other surrounding hotels. Just beware its not the Hilton. Went to lobby to get coffee twice they still wasn't up & it was 7:15 on a Monday that's when most business travelers are needing coffee.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LAURA M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

The room i stayed in smelled like smoked. The microwave was very dirty tub had a couple of hairs in it. Also to top it off the room had a rat in it. In my opion very expensive for the low quality they provide. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012