“Horrible and Nasty!! Smelled like pee!#@!#”
Review of Budget Inn

and 1 more site!
Budget Inn
Ranked #60 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Horrible Room... We had planned 4 night stay, dont know if we will make the night... 1 room smelled like Cat had peed/sprayed the room and then died. After a few months of rotting we were allowed to stay here. Oh So NASTY!! The other room smelled like a dumpster from behind a nasty chinese restaurant... Kind of like Rotting fish with a side of orange slices. Im telling you NASTY. After spending $45 at walmart buying towels, lysol, carpet deodrizer, febreeze max, sheet and covering stained pillow case with Tshirt I am trying to make the night as I write this. I am telling you if this place burned down it would be an improvement to the beach. I am thinking of sleeping in the car. Oh wait, the owner is playing loud music in the parking lot at midnight. Motel 6 tomorrow night I pray.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank jhjhjhjh

Reviewed 7 June 2010

Not a bad place for the location and price. Room, bathroom clean, and room has small fridge and microwave. Room is larger than average. Tiny parking lot that fills up so you may have to park next door. Good location (across Shoreline Drive from the water).
Old rooms, but kind of funky 50's decor. Folks who run it hard to understand and very limited tech-wise (they could not split our bill two ways, had trouble getting credit card scanned, had to give us two different sets of keys when first keys did not work, and the lady would only tell us they had "closed the transaction" when we asked for a non-profit tax credit that we were entitled to).
I stayed two nights with a colleague, and he had to leave, meaning I would have to pay for third night on my own. Manager told me he would give me a special deal for the third night, but when I went back to ask about it, it was more than the two of us had paid for the first two nights, but the third night was a week-end night. (we paid $71 for first two nights, he wanted something like $89 for Friday....I found a nice Rodeway room a little further out for $54).
Still, it was a comfortable stay and I would go back.
Breakfast kind of sparse--cereal, pastries, coffee, really watered down juice, but it was free so no complaints there.
If you want to be near the water, it's probably worth a look.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank JoeSchlambe
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We were planning a trip to Corpus for thed weekend of August 14th through the 16th. We had a total of 13 family members so we were looking to reserve at least three rooms. Unfortunately, we waited a bit too long to find a hotel so most of the major named hotel chains along the Corpus Christi Beach Shoreline were booked solid. When I stumbled across the Budget Inn, i thought i got lucky because they had enough rooms and rates were $99.99 per night. When i looked at the pictures i was fairly impressed because it appeared pretty nice and the location was absolutely great. So, to shorten my story, we check in early Friday. The rooms were ready on time regardless of the fact that there is only one over-worked maid. My room seemed okay as far as cleanlinesss was concerned and the two double beds were spacious enough for myself, my husband, my seven year old twin daughters, annd my seven year old neice. My fathers room had a repulsive smell. I sprayyed a whole bottle of Febreeze in it, but the smell could not be defeated. My son and two nephews stayed in this room and later spotted baby roaches in the bathroom. They were a bit creeped out and would not use the bathroom. Also, there were dhuge cigarette burns on one of the comforters. My mothers room seemed clean except for large spots on the carpet. I advised my two neices and daughter to wear their shoes at all times in this room. After hanging out at the beach, we returned and let the children swim in the pool. It waspretty clean, but the size was a lot smaller than the picture appeared online. We went upstaird to shower when my mom discovered roaches in the kitchen extension of her so called suite. We called the office and some guy, i hae no idea what his position was because he wore no uniform or name tag came up with a bottle of raid ad handed it to me. So, i sprayed crazily all over the room while the guy stood there. We hoped that it would take care of the problem. After having an awesome meal at Joe's Crab Shack, we returned to put our exhauted children to bed. Unfortunately, after turning out the lights, the kids started freaking out when they noticed some creepy crawlers on the walls! Once again, we called the office and here returnes the Raid boy t save the day. I pointlessly sprayed again, knowing that our problem would not be so easily resolved. I called the office to request another room, but the owner said he had none availible. There was no way they were staying in there, so we had to pack them into our other two rooms. It was not the most comfortable sleeping arrangement as yu could imagine. My escalating annoyance led me to call the office again to request a refund for the nighht and a guarantee of a new roachless room for the morning. I got nowhere with this guy until i got a little aggressive. Finally, he agreed he would take care of us in the morning. It was hard enough getting to sleep already because i was so aggrevated, but it was extremely dificult because it sounded like there was a parking lot party going on until around four in the morning. Also, i was extremely worried that my car might get towed because there was not enough parking in the hotel lot. We had to park across the street and then walk through the alley to get back to our room. I was so glad when morning came, hoping evrything would get better. The first dissapointment of the morning was the free continental breakfast. The choice was either corn flakes or fruit loops out of large canisters. Of course, these were generic versions of the cereal whic my kids thought were nasty. There were a few small chocolate donuts and some variety danishes. They did have juice, but it was not good. They had one gallon of milk and a pot of coffee. The entire breakfast was low budget and what was put out was all there was; it was never repleneshed. We ended up goint to H.E.B. to get something the kids would eat. The owner gave my mom another room that was further away from mine then i liked, and refunded 60 bucks for our disasterous night. Once again, we had a wonderful time at the beach until returning from dinner. We walked to our room and had condensaion drip on us from the above air conditioning units. Lots of fun! When entering my room, i noticed that it was ridiculously hot. The owner, regardless of the fact that the air blowing out was warm, said that it was working and the generator would kick on soon. Soon never happened! My self and my girls were sweating and miserable while my huisband played phone tag with the office. Finally, after, i was about to pack up and go home, the owner brings a new unit upstairs. His only help was his frail appearing wife, so my husband took over not able to bear the sight of this women struggling up the stairs with such a heavy item. After the instalation of this unit, the room cooled down in a little less then an hour. Once again, rest would not arrive because the parking lot party was in full swing with a barbecue pit fired up almost directly under our room and right next to my moms. Sleep came around four in the morning once again. I was actually excited to get up annd check out! While location was good, i would much rather sacrifice that then stay at this unpredictable, roach motel ever again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank nicole_lilianne
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I would never stay in this hotel again nor would i recommended to anyone. The room smelled horrible. The shower head is facing the shower curtain so all the water fell outside & the hot water did not work.It was an awful experiance
& the owners did not fix any problemsor change me rooms, they sprayed the room w/air freshner. 1ST & LAST TIME NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purple40
Reviewed 28 April 2008

Clerks were on the phone. They could not refund credit card because we could not stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pocat
Reviewed 14 March 2008

My stay at this modest, older motel was a pleasant surprise. The room was very clean, and I appreciated the mini fridge and microwave in the room, and several shelves to store food items. The woman at the desk, the owner's wife I believe, was helpful, efficient and pleasant. I enjoyed being only a very short walk from the Gulf - several rooms face the water; mine didn't, but I could see it when I stepped out the door. My 3-day stay was a very good value for the price and I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 16 November 2007

Pros -

Great off season mid week rate
Right across from ocean
Nice TV
New A/C unit that worked well
fridge, microwave in room

Cons

No restaurants within walking distance
TV remote did not work all the time
No mirror over sink - I had to shave in two different rooms
Fiberglass shower had cracks and open spots where pipe came through wall.
Towels were rough and well worn
Office with coffee did not open until 7:00 A.M.

Overall

I will stay elsewhere next trip to Corpus Christi

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk