Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Island
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Victoria, Texas
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

A little overpriced, but where else you going to get this close to the Gulf. Clean, spacious room & Good view of the Gulf. Friendly, courteous staff. Good FREE breakfast. Will be back soon. Only down side is slow elevator & non-working Wi-Fi.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flow p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. I usually prefer to stay at the hotel across the street directly on the beach, but decided to try this one thus time. So glad I did. In my opinion this hotel is much nicer and definitely less expensive. Everything was very clean & housekeeping staff was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast offered was bountiful with lots of choices for everyone. From now on, our annual Corpus trip will definitely be spent at Comfort Suites.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Season73
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This was an amazing hotel, it had everything in and more that I wanted for my long deserved vacation the one person that stood out in my eyes the most was an employee by the name of blue she was very caring and very knowledgeable about many things the rooms were amazing and you can get any closer to the beach and the free breakfast was good every morning I got up and a big thank you to housekeeping you did an amazing job too

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Vacationtime28
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Saw the reviews on TripAdvisor, and booked a stay here without doing much other checking. Comfortable clean rooms, friendly easy check in. Breakfast was average, but good. Best thing is the proximity to the beach. It's awesome. Walk across the street, either thru the other hotel or city park next to the hotel. We spent 2 days walking the shore - had a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
DylanSmith32, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Island, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Comfort Suites North Padre Island!
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We will use this information to try to improve each guests visit with us. Thank you so much again, and we hope to see you in the future!

Dylan Smith
Comfort Suites North Padre Island
15209 Windward Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
(361) 949-1112
Sanger, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice and almost new just a short walk from the beach. We arrived for a three night stay at the beginning of a three day storm with 100% chance of rain! Everything we had planned was in the water! As the storm came in we decided that we did not want to spend three day inside a hotel watching T.V. so I went down stairs and explained to the young lady that we were changing our plans and she said no problem and cancelled our reservation for the next two nights.
The breakfast the next morning was one of the best we have had in a long time. The addition of the HOT syrup was a plus. The lady working the breakfast area was very attentive to the area and was keeping everything full and counter and tables clean.
We will return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Willard, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This place is definitely a great place to stay. Their service is above and beyond the normal. The hotel- room and lobby is clean and maintained well. Our room, which had two double beds, was large and clean. Breakfast was plentiful, with a lot to choose from. If I was going back to N. Padre Island I would choose this hotel because of the location and the great service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is definitely a decent hotel. Someone told us it was the newest one on N. Padre, only 2 years old, and it showed that there was no wear and tear. The breakfast was very good. You had to walk across a busy street to get to the beach and kind of tresspass onto another hotel's property to get to the beach, but not a big deal to us.

Where the hotel fell short for us is this- the pull out sofa was the most atrocious pull out I've EVER encountered! We picked this hotel specifically because it said the rooms slept 5. With my Mother-in-law along for the ride, we needed the extra bed. My 8 year old son tried to lay on it. He is not at all heavy- 60lbs, and could not handle the uncomfortability of the bed. Thinking at first it was the bar, as is often the case with pull outs, I put the mattress on the floor. Then I stepped on it to turn the A/C on. Holy Cow! The springs might as well have had a sheet covering them for how badly they were poking through and you could feel them. How could a 2 year old hotel have such horrible pull outs I wonder? I remember sleeping on my aunt's 20 year old pull out as a kid and it not being this bad! At that point it was crazy late, we had driven 10 hours to get there, and didn't feel like switching rooms for the night. We made the 8 year old sleep in bed with his brother and grandma. After we all fell asleep the poor thing felt bad his feet were in grandma's face and crawled back down onto that terrible mattress. That was the one and only time I've ever heard my 8 year old complain how much his back hurt when he woke up in the morning.

Then the hotel gets a second ding for customer service. I mentioned on our way out to the beach that morning how bad the pull out was, and that no one should be forced to sleep on that. The manager thanked me for letting her know and told me I should have let them know the night before so they could move us. In retrospect I should have. But 10 hours in a car with 2 kids and a mother-in-law has a way of just making you want to go to sleep. I felt better knowing she was going to check on the situation and that no one else would have to sleep on that thing. Then we checked out a few hours later. Same manger lady. She looked up into my eyes and said, "So how was your stay, I hope you enjoyed it.", like she had never spoken to me. I knew then she had never registered our conversation at all, never made a note of the room number to check the pull out in. I reminded her that we were the people who had a terrible night's sleep thanks to the pull out and that I truly hoped she would take care of the situation in that specific room for other people. I got an "Oh, yeah, OK" as I handed the room cards over.

So, what would have been a 4 star review if we were just staying with 4 people in the 2 beds got one star knocked off for the pull out, and one star knocked off for unimpressive customer service. If you want your customers coming back, that was not the way to go. I'll stay at that nice hotel across the street with beach access next time!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here if you plan to use the pull out sofa!