Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi Padre IS
Ranked #17 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Reviewed 24 July 2014

For some reason I was unaware of the kitchen part of our room. Also we needed to eat and was told the hotel next door had a restaurant but it only had designated times of eating. Front desk should have known this.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were considering heading towards the Rio Grande Valley, but with the Central American Immigration issues, our worries were the lines at the checkpoints on our way back to San Antonio so we opted for CC beach South Padre Island. It was a very clean room the hotel in general very well maintained. We stayed across the street last time at the Holiday Inn, what a dive. We won't stay there ever again. We were so close enough to the beach that just a walk across the street and you are there. This hotel exceeded our expectations and considering the price for as close to the beach that you are, it was a great price. Dining is close as there are a few place to visit on the island but we drove into Corpus Christi. Took a chance on this restaurant called the Salt water Grill, see my review for that on yelp. I will review it later as time permits. If you want local So. Tx breakfast fare, believe it or not the convenience stores STRIPES have on many of them a sign that reads "Laredo Taco Company or Factory" pick up some breakfast tacos, try the Q-taco it is great. Who'd think food so good at a convenience store. Tortillas made daily food made daily. You won't go wrong. The hotels breakfast nook was good, I always love the waffles, thick Belgium style can't go wrong with those and other cold breakfast offerings. The coffee was very tasty. The location of this hotel is the what gave it a Very Good Rating. I would've gone Excellent but the parking was okay. You may have to park out back or in the hotel right next to this one; they share parking and the pool. Other than that great proximity to beach, food, road not a thoroughfare so not a lot of traffic. We drove towards Mustang Island on day 2 and set up camp there it was great. Not too many people lots of parking, and parked in the free section so did not have to pay for a permit. A friend told me that the permit helps keep the beach clean. I told him that we picked up about a large trashbag of stuff washing up on the shore and disposed of it. So the county got my money by me working picking up some trash and I also got some exercise while doing it. Win win win! I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is long and is perpendicular to the shore, so pretty much any room you get facing south yo...
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The room was nice and spacious, the beds were comfortable, and we were right across the street from the beach. You may not be right on the beach, but for the price, and the size of the room you get, it more than makes up for it. We did have a few complaints. Housekeeping did a really poor job of cleaning while we were there. Pretty much all they did was swap out the towels and empty the trash. They didn't even vacuum, which is a real annoyance when you're tracking in sand from the beach. The breakfast is pretty mediocre, and got real old after a couple days. Its just a continental breakfast with sausage links and instant scrambled eggs. I realize its free so I can't complain too much, but It would have been really nice if they switched it up a little. All in all, we had a really pleasant stay though, and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Get the double queen bed room if you have kids, its SO worth the extra money for the separate bedroo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ttbears6

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

From the moment I walked in the service from the staff was very poor. The Indian desk clerk was rude and very disrespectful to me. The room all in all very dirty and needs some major cleaning. Shower floor black and carpets dirty. My feet were black from walking on the carpet. The hotel needs some major upkeep and major cleaning. I never saw or heard a vacuum my entire stay. The kitchen is less than exciting and not very clean. Coffee pots are nasty and everything else in the rooms.There was trail mix in my bed when I checked in. Had to have housecleaning come and change sheets and give me new towels. The only plus to this hotel is it is close to the beach. Breakfast just OK nothing exciting. The worse staff I have ever encounter in all my stays in hotels. Corporate really needs to come and fire everyone currently employed here, before they destroy this hotel any further. Worse stay ever. And for what they charge a night I would think I would of had better service. I highly recommend stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank CarolB0915
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I took a quick trip to the beach alone. The room was clean and had everthing needed....stove, freezer/fridge etc. Bed was comfortable and the free breakfast adequate. Location to the beach can't be beat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo