“Dog friendly.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi Airport
Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We were impressed with this hotel. There was no extra charge for pets, which we really appreciated. Check in was easy and the front staff was very friendly. The rooms were nicely accommodated and clean. There was a musty smell, but we have found that to be typical when staying near the beach. The toiletry items could have used some upgrading, but were acceptable nonetheless. We didn't do enough research to see that the Padre Island National Seashore was 15 miles away--not too far, just more than we thought. The breakfast was decent--the waffles were the best part. I would definitely stay here again if the occasion arose. The pool was clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2011

The beds were uncomfortable and we experienced backache after the first night. We were in the king suite. The room was clean but there was a musty smell. Breakfast was not replenished when food was finished.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the night and it was nice. He reserved the room with the whirlpool tub and it was great. It was part of the room (not in bathroom) and surrounded by mirrors. The bed was comfy and sheets super soft. Only negative was the carpet felt damp from the moment we got in room, it took forever to get more towels, and the water pressure in shower was really soft. We will likely return if only for the tub! :)

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The front desk and staff were great. When we got to our room, the room was just an overwhelming smell of Lysol, as they were trying to smell out the pungent mildew smell. When I took my shoes off, the carpet was wet. They moved us to the first floor,w hich didnt have the Lysol smell, but it still was just a musty smell in the new room we were moved to. In my cousins room, there was water damage, and it smelled so badly of Lysol. Do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the Omni
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We traveled just recently to Corpus Christi to see family and friends. With it being Spring Break, we had asked a friend to obtain us a room at a different hotel. The other hotel had over booked themselves and refused to honor our reservation. With various hotels asking 100-200 a night for a 3 night stay, I was floored when the girl here said I can get you a king suite for 93 a night plus tax. I said "SOLD!!!" and gave her my card right then.
The room was fantastic, with a comfortable bed, microwave, mini fridge, and small sitting area and more. Every morning had a free hot complimentary breakfast that included waffles and more. All day long there were fresh baked cookies and coffee by the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TxAngel1978
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I made a last minute decision to stay in a hotel on the night before I flew from Corpus Christi to Toronto (via Houston). I phoned ahead and the front desk attendant answered quickly. Rooms were available and I got the AAA discount price. I asked the attendant if I could park my truck at the hotel while I was away to save on airport parking. He said this was not their normal proceedure however due to my special circumstance for flying home with my 2 year old son, he made an exception. Once I arrived at the hotel, I had forgotten to request a crib for the room when making my reservation. The front desk clerk was again friendly and accomodating.

I took a cab to the airport and back and the fares were about $15 each way!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I stayed for a night as business often brings me to Corpus maybe 1 or 2 days a month. I had not stayed at La Quinta before and was pleased with the service, and the room was comfortable and clean and I felt safe because it was well lit. I would and will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business