“Horrible stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi Airport
Ranked #24 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 10 February 2013

2/6/2013 First when i checked in the room smelled like a cigarettes so when I asked to get another room the staff she was very rude. It was a bother that she had to type again but i did not want to be accused of smoking when its a smoke free hotel. On the 7th at 8am I asked for a receipt because I may checkout instead of staying another night. The front desk never told me what time I had to check out. When I finished with my staff meeting I called at 315 to cancel room with nelly she said that I would be charge for the room because of not checking out at 3pm. I asked for manager but he was to busy to talk so she called me back at 320 and the manager said that since I was 15 minutes late I had to pay for the day. I work in the field and could not believe that they would not wave it because no signs, in writing or staff ever told me this. I will def make sure to pass the word to fellow Co workers to go stay at Hawthorn. Before I forget Internet was done my first night which is very important since I was here for a business

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Nice decor, clean, comfy bed. New place and friendly staff. The towels were soft, good water pressure. Breakfast was fresh and good variety. Nice location near restaurants and theatre. Good value for the money. Quiet, nice workout area and business center. Just a nice place where the employees care and it shows.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank coastalwoman54
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I arrived at this location on a business trip and was greeted with fresh cookies at the counter. Overall the hotel is a very nice place and convenient to the city. The only problem was that no one told me the internet was down. I reached my room and got settled in, then opened my computer to catch up on some customer e-mails. I could not get a signal, so after an hour I went downstairs in the breakfast area and tried again. When I asked the desk attendant, she told me they were having problems with their internet. If I was told this when checking in, I would have probably gone to another hotel. Remember, i was on a business trip. Very disappointed with this issue.
But, the room was nice and breakfast awesome.

Room Tip: Traveling for business and need internet, confirm before checkin in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stay at this location nearly every time i travel here for business, which is on average once a month. Above average on nearly every aspect of service. Breakfast is nothing special, but it is edible, and its free. The only problem i had, is that the bedside telephone did not work. But no biggie.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 19 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Sealy, Texas, USA
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Nice from check in to check out. Clean and friendly place to stay. Would definately stay at is location again. Reservation process was simple and even were able to check in an hour early. Will recommend to our family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Breakfast was rushed to close, not many choices. Room was missing number. Staff did not know anything about tourist todos.
Cleaninest of bathroom needs improvements.
Noisy rooms, walls are quite thin. The pool looks unswimable. there is a pool nearby that looks cleaner.

• Stayed: August 2012